Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Rooster7
I really like the Scheels brand fishing rods. Plus if you break one it's a no questions asked return for a new one. At least it used to be. I thought I heard you might have to pay half now.

Yep all their store brand gear is like that. Their rods really are good rods too.

Camp is where you make it.
BP-B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Scheels is hands down the best sporting good retailer in the US.

Great inventory, great employees, and most of the Scheels branded fishing gear is top notch.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by tzone
I really like the Scheels brand fishing rods. Plus if you break one it's a no questions asked return for a new one. At least it used to be. I thought I heard you might have to pay half now.

Yep all their store brand gear is like that. Their rods really are good rods too.

And if it breaks they replace it like Sears used to handle tools.

No questions asked.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slumlord
One day, I must visit a Scheel’s and a Menard’s

And all the other places in Storm Lake that wabigoon assumes are in everyone else’s hometown 🧃🍦🍤🍗🍆

bucket list stuff ya know

And a bojangles shicken place.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Bushwacker
I work at Scheels here in Colorado in the gun department. I came down with covid and then found that my back had been broken when I was an officer, but my back muscles had taken over. After Covid those muscles attrified and I was a hurtin unit. I followed that up with Covid a 2nd time which had me on oxygen for 4 months, they supported me during the whole time. Going on a year and a half now of dealing with this crap. They let me work when I could and kept me employed. I did have to take a demotion as I couldn't keep up with my supervisor duties. They are unabashed conservative, faith based folks and if you work hard for them, they work hard for you. They give back 10% of their profits to the local community and help out youth groups in area such Colorado Youth Outdoors. Working for them has been the best move in years.

I wish you the very best
I am glad they are treating you well

Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
IC B2

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Originally Posted by slumlord
One day, I must visit a Scheel’s and a Menard’s

And all the other places in Storm Lake that wabigoon assumes are in everyone else’s hometown 🧃🍦🍤🍗🍆

bucket list stuff ya know

And a bojangles shicken place.

Yall missing out without a Bojangles, although they have jacked prices up lately like most others.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Never even heard of them until I was looking for magazines for my t1x. Best prices out there and quick shipping

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I work at Scheels here in Colorado in the gun department. I came down with covid and then found that my back had been broken when I was an officer, but my back muscles had taken over. After Covid those muscles attrified and I was a hurtin unit. I followed that up with Covid a 2nd time which had me on oxygen for 4 months, they supported me during the whole time. Going on a year and a half now of dealing with this crap. They let me work when I could and kept me employed. I did have to take a demotion as I couldn't keep up with my supervisor duties. They are unabashed conservative, faith based folks and if you work hard for them, they work hard for you. They give back 10% of their profits to the local community and help out youth groups in area such Colorado Youth Outdoors. Working for them has been the best move in years.

In todays age that is inspiring to hear. I may have to go buy some stuff from them today! Might even take the wife.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

That is a powerful endorsement. Thank you.

ttpoz

in silvam ne ligna feras
(don't carry logs into the forest)
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I’ve only dealt with them once and that was on-line….only freaking store in the nation that had 1/6oz frog (green) Rooster Tails. I bought the 4 they had in inventory. Still browse their emails here and there.

IC B3

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Nothing like trying to look at pistols through mesh, but there’s always the Ferris wheel for getting your mind off soccer balls.

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you are listening Sheels,
Altoona Pa needs a store!

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Outside the Scheels in Waterloo, Iowa.[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by HitnRun
Nothing like trying to look at pistols through mesh, but there’s always the Ferris wheel for getting your mind off soccer balls.

One in every group...

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

G
G23 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Last time I was in Scheels it was a pain in the ass. Every 2 minutes an employee was asking if they could help me find something.

Scheels actually reminds me of what Cabela's used to be years ago. Now I drive past Cabela's to get to Scheels.

G23

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H

One in every group...

That’s because Scheels didn’t rise above the rest, they were a boringly medium to good store and all the better ones disintegrated. Followers like you will continue to follow and miss what really happened.

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
If you are listening Sheels,
Altoona Pa needs a store!

+1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by tzone

Have a couple of their walleye rods great rods for the money. Did not know about the lifetime warrantee

They have outstanding customer service and good prices and selection. Blow away Cabela's as bass pro

R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R

One in every group...

That’s because Scheels didn’t rise above the rest, they were a boringly medium to good store and all the better ones disintegrated. Followers like you will continue to follow and miss what really happened.

I may be wrong and you have every right to your opinion but what you are describing in this post sounds more like Dick's, Sportsman's Warehouse or Cabela's than Scheels.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Scheels has a great selection unless your in one of there older stores in BFE. They also have the cheapest prices anywhere unless your too stupid to figure it out.

Here's a pretty small sample from the last six weeks.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

The MEC press was marked down to $129.00 at the store in Lincoln.

The 5,500 pack of Hornady's was marked down to $449.99

The brass was retail but not out of line and the shotgun shells were the cheapest I had seen in about eight states.

I'm here to increase my social credit score and rub elbows with some of the highest rollers on the internet.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
654 members (1234, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 222ND, 160user, 73 invisible), 2,939 guests, and 1,383 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,658
Posts18,399,290
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.