Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
so we've been hiring people during the covid nonsense allowing them to work from home.

When we hire people we put them in a self paced training program that will last approximately 6 weeks.

We check in with them weekly and get feedback on how the training was going.

We had about 11 people on a team. At the end of the 6 weeks, 2 of them asked for additional time, which we did. then another 2 weeks.After 10 weeks of this, my guy starts checking on them. Turns out they have done nothing - haven't even touched the training material

I suspect they interviewed for the job, got hired and collected 10 weeks of salary ,which was roughly about $21K before taxes while still working their original job.

Live and learn - from now on when we hire someone in this situation we'll have to have them show progress in a live demo each week as opposed to taking their word for it.

But if any of you don't have a moral compass and want to earn some free money, this is a way to do it

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
BP-B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I'm shocked

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
thats friggen sad. what kind of work?

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
What is the job?

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by KFWA
so we've been hiring people during the covid nonsense allowing them to work from home.

When we hire people we put them in a self paced training program that will last approximately 6 weeks.

We had about 11 people on a team. At the end of the 6 weeks, 2 of them asked for additional time, which we did. then another 2 weeks.After 10 weeks of this, my guy starts checking on them. Turns out they have done nothing - haven't even touched the training material

I suspect they interviewed for the job, got hired and collected 10 weeks of salary ,which was roughly about $21K before taxes while still working their original job.

Live and learn - from now on when we hire someone in this situation we'll have to have them show progress in a live demo each week as opposed to taking their word for it.

But if any of you don't have a moral compass and want to earn some free money, this is a way to do it

My moral compass is questionable.
Gotta link ?

Grins....

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Have link to that job, I could use a 10 weeks pay for nothing laugh .

I have hard time believing anyone would hire a new employee and not check on them on 10 weeks .

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you still need help, I'm available

[Linked Image]
KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman

Have link to that job, I could use a 10 weeks pay for nothing laugh .

I have hard time believing anyone would hire a new employee and not check on them on 10 weeks .

its not that we didn't check on them, we had 2 managers meet with them weekly. This was computer based training where they were given assignments each week to complete tasks.

At the end of the training, they give a presentation on the tasks they completed. Normally we do this face to face so we are there daily with them, working next to them.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Amazingly, that's right about how long ago the free Covid money from .gov ran out.

The chances they come, and the chances they go.
But the time. You don't get that back.

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
I'm pretty sure that was a Seinfeld episode. George and the "Penske File" He didn't know what he was supposed to do, and too embarrassed to ask, so he did nothing and bullshitted everyone till the boss came back and checked on the file. Funny as hell.

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Soooooo, what's the job?

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by jackmountain
I'm pretty sure that was a Seinfeld episode. George and the "Penske File" He didn't know what he was supposed to do, and too embarrassed to ask, so he did nothing and bullshitted everyone till the boss came back and checked on the file. Funny as hell.

LMAO! Good episode. There is a Seinfeld episode for almost everything.

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Best training is doing. Put them in a team that is doing an actual project. Give them a task.

I've seen similar things before. You always take a chance on a new hire.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

^^^Fully vaccinated^^^

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Bahahahaha. What dumb HR person thought that would work? This might be the dumbest thing I’ve read in a while.

BTW - send through your website so I can apply!

Yours in Liberty,

BL
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
2k each week I take job applica where ??

Would you say I have a plethora of pinatas?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Your company deserves to fail spectacularly.... but since you are on the government tit you will not.

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Our 18 year old daughter works a full time desk job, and waits tables a couple
days.

At $2k/week I'm sure she would actually do your training during down time
at the desk job. For $1k she would then do the job.

Don't tell me she isn't qualified.

You all were paying people who did nothing over $100k/yr!🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Paper pushers special.

Bet your corksorker HR department knows ever fart left by
the men actually producing for the company. Making sure no one
has a girly calender, no racist/gay/sexual joke goes unpunished.
Firing anyone that gets hurt actually working.......

But, the management side?

"Do this from home, at your pace. If it takes you 33% longer than normal?
That's ok. At 66% we might check on you.🤣🤣"

What happens to a producer that has one week where he feels bad and
only gets out 80%?
Bet know one even notices? Nope, he gets the proctologist treatment.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
If I was paying someone $21k in 10 weeks and had no history with them, I’d be checking in way before 10 weeks. Half the country voted for Joe Biden, that should be a red flag.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
696 members (12344mag, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1Akshooter, 1beaver_shooter, 72 invisible), 2,991 guests, and 1,401 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,681
Posts18,399,659
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.