Print Thread
Hop To
J
Jahrs Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Movie from 2002 I think. Watching it now, great movie. Don’t know how I missed it.

...Gods and Generals excellent movie on the civil war.

Last edited by Jahrs; 11/18/21.

“No one in hell can ever say I went to Christ and He rejected me.

C.H. Spurgeon
GB1

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Yes it was. Stephen Lang killed the role as Genl. Thomas “Stonewall” Jackson and as Genl Pickett in Gettysburg.

J
Jahrs Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by MarkWV
Yes it was. Stephen Lang killed the role as Genl. Thomas “Stonewall” Jackson and as Genl Pickett in Gettysburg.

He sure did kill it!

C.H. Spurgeon
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I went to see it in the theater when it was released. Heck, what year was that!
I thought it was decent, but way too long.
I’d much rather if they’re willing to go that long, why not go whole hog and really cover what happened. Say along the lines of HBO’s series about John Adams.
Could you imagine of they’d do something similar to “Band of Brothers” or “From The Earth To The Moon” with the commanders of the Army Of The Potomac and the Army of Northern Virginia?
I know that if it were decently acted and historically accurate, me and probably thousands of others would buy it and watch it over and over.
Heck, I’ve watched “John Adams” and “Band of Brothers” at least 5 times.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Good Lord, that was the slowest movie I’ve ever watched.

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I’ll probably put it on my Christmas list that I make up to help Wifey shopping. We each make a list of several things we’d like to help with shopping.
Carol was easy to buy for, but Penny makes it really tough as she has narrower areas of interest.
I forgot Robert Duval as General Lee. I was disappointed and a little disgusted with Martin Sheen in Gettysburg.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster
I went to see it in the theater when it was released. Heck, what year was that!
I thought it was decent, but way too long.
I’d much rather if they’re willing to go that long, why not go whole hog and really cover what happened. Say along the lines of HBO’s series about John Adams.
Could you imagine of they’d do something similar to “Band of Brothers” or “From The Earth To The Moon” with the commanders of the Army Of The Potomac and the Army of Northern Virginia?
I know that if it were decently acted and historically accurate, me and probably thousands of others would buy it and watch it over and over.
Heck, I’ve watched “John Adams” and “Band of Brothers” at least 5 times.
7mm

Band of Brothers was awesome, and I thought that really must have been hell on earth if that is what it was like when I watched it, but then I saw "The Pacific" series on HBO. That truly looked like hell on esrth in WWII...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I saw bits a pieces of “The Pacific”, but haven’t got the DVD yet.
I’ve enjoyed several books by Robert Leckie. I think he’s a top notch author.
7mm

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Looks like it is well worth watching.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I have the movie on DVD, the wife bought me after it came out on video. I have never watched it. I just can't watch anything about the Civil War.

Band of Brothers and the Pacific, I can watch that with no problem., and have both on video.

its hard to watch much on the Revolutionary War either.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Seafire
I have the movie on DVD, the wife bought me after it came out on video. I have never watched it. I just can't watch anything about the Civil War.

Band of Brothers and the Pacific, I can watch that with no problem., and have both on video.

its hard to watch much on the Revolutionary War either.

why cant you watch anything civil war...u a snowflake or something?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
J
Jahrs Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by OldHat
Looks like it is well worth watching.

You will not be disappointed. Others maybe but not you
... men whom love our Creator will like it a lot!

Last edited by Jahrs; 11/19/21.

C.H. Spurgeon

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

550 members (1OntarioJim, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 61 invisible), 2,406 guests, and 1,207 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,663
Posts18,455,732
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.