Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by High_Noon
Tell me again why we're paying taxes...

To give you the illusion you actually have a government worthy of funding, which of course applies to everyone with their own personal wants and needs from the illusion....

The Piper WILL get paid.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 260Remguy

The guy who I know was on the ground in Pakistan and Afghanistan. Since he was there, I'll take his word for how things were when he left in 2018/2019. He was there as a government employee and after he retired from civil service he worked for a vehicle maintenance contractor. He told me months ago that once the maintenance contractors left and there wasn't a steady stream of common or heavy repair parts being trucked through Pakistand or ighter critical parts being air lifted into Bagrum, the Afghan military's ground and air transportation would only last for a few months before they had to start cannibalizing the different vehicle types. He told me that the Afghans could just barely maintain basic vehicles and had little chance of maintaining sophisticated weapons systems once they started to go down.

I have never been to Afghan but everyone I know who has says this same thing. I know in Iraq when I was clearing caches when we came upon large numbers of AKs, we were instructed to just take the gas tubes out, snap them in half and go about our business. They don't have armorers to keep up on repairs and maintenance of rifles, let alone sophisticated aircraft and machinery, and Afghanistan is even more in the stone age.

To the 'fire in general, the psychological affect of us leaving all that equipment is much more damaging than any practical danger it will bring, other than all the rifles/ammo and possibly the money to be made by selling it all. From what I gathered we left less than 75 aircraft and I highly doubt that they weren't totally disabled before the last US troop left. It was ridiculously stupid to leave behind what equipment we did....but I simply won't believe that the number and capability of it all according to various news reports---is in any way accurate.

I highly suspect the OP's quoted article is at the top of the exaggeration heap anyhow, and largely incorrect. 634 armored M1117 "tanks"? The article can't even get the model designator right and they are absolutely NOT tanks anyhow, but security vehicles.
A29 Fighters? The US military doesn't use those except for maybe some training. Those aircraft were used by the Afghan military.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by rickt300
Military hardware parade by the Taliban

https://www.israel365news.com/201503/watch-taliban-holds-parade-featuring-us-military-equipment/

Ariana News reported the following list of equipment held by the IEA:

– 22,174 military tactical vehicles
– 8,000 military trucks
– 634 armored 1117M tanks
– 155 armored vehicles
– 169 M113 military tanks
– 42, 000 Ranger and Hilux vehicles
– 33 (Mi-17) helicopters
– 33 UH-60 Black Hawk helicopters
– 43 (MD-530) helicopters
– Four transport helicopters
– 23 (A29) fighter planes
– 28 transport planes
– 10 (AC- 208) military planes
– 16,243 telecommunication devices
– 16,035 night vision cameras
– 358,530 M16 firearms
– 126, 295 rifles
– 176 rocket launchers

If anyone thought that was a mistake by your government I have a bridge to sell them...more likely part of the price for allowing an uncontested withdrawal.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I contracted in Afghan several years. This is one of those threads I feel like banging my head against the wall.

The taliban did not win the country back just in the last year. This debacle covers several administrations and the sudden takeover is only a surprise to suburbanites because the media wasnt running any stories on it lately. The taliban have been gaining ground for years and both sides enabled it. Your guy trump even negotiated your withdrawal( negotiating with terrorist enemy no less) a year or two ago or did you all suddenly forget that?

Blaming Biden is lazy thinking of the worst ignorance. Your media doesnt even need to sell a half believable plot anymore and you dive right in.

smh..

R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by 158XTP
I contracted in Afghan several years. This is one of those threads I feel like banging my head against the wall.

The taliban did not win the country back just in the last year. This debacle covers several administrations and the sudden takeover is only a surprise to suburbanites because the media wasnt running any stories on it lately. The taliban have been gaining ground for years and both sides enabled it. Your guy trump even negotiated your withdrawal( negotiating with terrorist enemy no less) a year or two ago or did you all suddenly forget that?

Blaming Biden is lazy thinking of the worst ignorance. Your media doesnt even need to sell a half believable plot anymore and you dive right in.

smh..

A resident Bidenista speaks^^^^^^^^^^

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

smh..

No one blames the current administration for getting out...just about everyone is pissy about how the clowns went about it.

May as well have given the taliban a big jar of vaseline and let them have their way with everything they could see.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

smh..

The man is Australian you clown.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

smh..

Lolol…dumbfuck.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by JSTUART

smh..

Two commanders in chief waged war, call taliban terrorists but fail to defeat them, the next then negotiates with them as legitimate political entity once the war is lost ,then the last commander in chief leaves all the toys behind. These guys are not exactly George Washington level.

Last edited by 158XTP; 11/18/21.
R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R

smh..

Funny post as it seems most Aussies are nothing but Biden wannabees.

Dog I rescued in January

IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R

Two commanders in chief waged war, call taliban terrorists but fail to defeat them, the next then negotiates with them as legitimate political entity once the war is lost ,then the last commander in chief leaves all the toys behind. These guys are not exactly George Washington level.
[/quote]

smh..

Too funny you can bet if he were an American he would have voted for Biden.

More than two CIC's for sure, our interaction with Afghanistan is more than 20 years long. Don't forget Aussies, Canadians and the rest of the UK played in the sandbox also. Their leaders are no better than Biden oddly enough.

Last edited by rickt300; 11/18/21.

Dog I rescued in January

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

More than two CIC's for sure, our interaction with Afghanistan is more than 20 years long. Don't forget Aussies, Canadians and the rest of the UK played in the sandbox also. Their leaders are no better than Biden oddly enough.

No argument here

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Halfwits like you are the reason your nation is in such dire straits, too stupid to see that your perceived insults don't matter to anyone but yourself. Little secret sport...political insults don't really bother adults...when you mature a tad you may recognise that and change your tack.

Normally I wouldn't bother to point this out but God knows you need all the assistance you can get.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R

Halfwits like you are the reason your nation is in such dire straits, too stupid to see that your perceived insults don't matter to anyone but yourself. Little secret sport...political insults don't really bother adults...when you mature a tad you may recognise that and change your tack.

Normally I wouldn't bother to point this out but God knows you need all the assistance you can get.

I am very happy you are insulted. You are already living under a rock in a nation where rights are nowhere to be found. Our nation is in dire straits because cowardly citizens in the UK voted in the same crap the same kind of people in this country are pushing and Britain, Australia, New Zealand, Canada did nothing to stop it happening in their country which emboldened the leftist scum in this country. If being insulted will cause you to pull your head out of your ass and grow a sack then I am all for it. Do it, force your government to respect you, create an honest constitution like ours and retake your freedom halfwit. We as a nation are going through presently what happened to yours years ago. The very odd part is you are all for it. As for Australians being Bidenista wannabees I would bet 95% of them would have voted for Biden just as the same percentage of Canadians would have. Don't worry about assisting us we have enough sold out leftist pussies already.

Last edited by rickt300; 11/19/21.

Dog I rescued in January

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
This happened right down the road from Rock Chuck's house .

Originally Posted by Strider1
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Our nation is in dire straits because cowardly citizens in the UK voted in the same crap the same kind of people in this country are pushing and Britain, Australia, New Zealand, Canada did nothing to stop it happening in their country which emboldened the leftist scum in this country.

Your nation is in dire straits because smaller nations didnt do the fighting for you? LOL. Maybe youd like us to invade and sack the last three presidents and solve the afghanistan debacle for you too? Good heavens heres me thinking you were the leaders of the free world. All along you have been failing because we didnt prop you up enough? Funniest post I have seen for some time.

If you want to be accurate your politicians and leftists have been controlling everyone elses for decades.

If being insulted will cause you to pull your head out of your ass and grow a sack then I am all for it. Do it, force your government to respect you, create an honest constitution like ours and retake your freedom halfwit. .

Your constitution folded as fast as the other 31 x 1st world countries when Covid hit. Your president, governors and state medical officials told you all to stay indoors while they raided your middle class over a virus that barely beats diaorhea globally.

Blaming biden is pretending the first 12 months of covid never occured.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Wasting your time as most of them are incapable of introspection and their collective world view is stunted at best, couple those two gems with an inability to accept accountability you end up with a president whose major achievement is the dubious ability to fill his pants when on camera.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
The very odd part is you are all for it. As for Australians being Bidenista wannabees I would bet 95% of them would have voted for Biden .

Hey dickhead...we have a conservative Government...what do you have?

As I said...an inability to accept accountability...always someone else's fault.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Wasting your time as most of them are incapable of introspection and their collective world view is stunted at best, couple those two gems with an inability to accept accountability you end up with a president whose major achievement is the dubious ability to fill his pants when on camera.

Come again? What do you mean by most of "them?"

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

611 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 160user, 10Glocks, 1234, 60 invisible), 2,032 guests, and 1,130 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,195
Posts18,465,879
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.