-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Some of you are sorry, sad, anti social pricks in you dislike of Tgiving meals.

Damn shame, but I'm pretty much there.

The meals sound good 2 months out.
Good food, fun times with people you love.

But that's nostalgia. From your early years when you were indifferent
to the arrogant, bossy, braggy, hoggish.....actions of others.
You know, later, one parent would say, "I can't believe..."
And even having been there, you missed it.

One of the only things I miss about being a kid?
The innocence. Not realizing the effort and difficulty in things,
only the excitement.
Being older and jaded isn't always great.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Got 15 people coming, not looking forward to it.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
We're going to our younger daughter's home. Son-in-law will be picking up the check for a uber-fancy restaurant meal. The only downside to that is no turkey sammiches next week.

Anytime I have thanksgiving dinner at a friends place, I cook a turkey the following weekend primarily for that reason. Gotta have leftovers.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Some of you have some grumpy jaded Thanksgiving perspectives. We'll be having turkey that won't taste like dried buzzard dipped in butt crumbs. It will be juicy and tasty. The leftovers will be looked forward to and thoroughly enjoyed. There will be sides like mashed potatoes, corn, green bean casserole, fresh bread, sweet potato pie and maybe an apple pie too. The gravy from the Turkey will be divine. And we will be thankfull for all of it.

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
Home from church, and the meal, great food!

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B2

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Turkey, cornbread dressing, giblet gravy, canned cranberry sauce )with the lines on the side not real cranberry sauce because that is disgusting), collards, mac & cheese (the real kind), sweet tater pie (from taters not a can), bread pudding with whiskey cream sauce, carrot cake; all homemade by angels.

The trick to collards is to grow your own, fry the bacon in the bottom of the ceramic lined dutch oven then bring the chicken broth to a boil before adding the greens.

The trick to dealing with relatives is to move several hours away and use the phrase "Y'all come!" Which in Southern means don't.

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My dad is going to his brother's

Her mom lives in Houston TX

So just the 2 of us and 2 dogs. Not going to cook a bunch of food, neither one of us like turkey.

Crave case of White Castles and a couple beers. Maybe a carrot cake with cream cheese frosting

Watch the Lions lose

DON’T BE TOO PROUD OF THIS TECHNOLOGICAL TERROR YOU’VE CONSTRUCTED. THE ABILITY TO DESTROY A PLANET IS INSIGNIFICANT NEXT TO THE POWER OF THE FORCE.

- Darth Vader
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by T_Inman
Just 1 if Denny's is open; Bon Appétit.

If they're closed....0. I guess a gas station burrito or something will have to do. I dunno but I will be checking traps all day and sure as hell won't come home to make anything.

TinCock

U need a steady woman

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

wife's sister & BIL coming in

of course........92.5 YO MIL too.....

damm that girl can eat......

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
TG is my wife's favorite holiday and 3 days of forced labor for me. We will have at least 11 diners plus drop ins over the course of the day with epic feasting and drinking. The entire classic turkey dinner is one of my favorites and turkey and stuffing sandwiches are worth all the labor.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
IC B3

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
Ever break the wishbone?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
The in laws having a big one as usual. It's always fun. Me and the BIL get into the booze and start sparring over politics. Always wish I was at duck camp with the dog, but it's part of family fun.

I need to hit the liquor shop and see what I can find to pour for everyone. Some bubbly for the ladies, some brown water for the gents.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
My mom usually did Turkey and ham on x mas the turkey allways in a big roaster in the oven . Would pull it out when done slice off the legs and thighs for those who like the dark meat, slice up the breast meat. Serve the main meal mash potatoes ,gravy, stuffing , rolls , vegetables, etc more than you could eat . That was really important to mom, more than you could eat ,evening meal was leftovers featuring hot turkey sandwich in gravy with leftovers. Mom would cook down the turkey carcass and strip the meat off it, pull the bones add carrots ,garlic , onions, green beans, some potatoes chunks and 45 minutes or so wide egg noodles before serving, mom's leftover turkey soup was the high light to me. Mom passed away last july and hadn't been able to do t-day like that in years. But memories of mom and t-day will live for me long as I do. My ex knows the importance of the holiday meal as my mom did so we get together then with our daughter it's good. Mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

204 members (2ndwind, 240NMC, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 1_deuce, 32 invisible), 2,144 guests, and 1,106 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,716
Posts18,457,094
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.