Print Thread
Hop To
B
bcraig Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
I had a guy come to buy a disk from me to disk his yard with and saw that he had a security systems sign on the side of his truck.
During the time we were loading the disk on his Trailer I briefly asked him about what kind of security systems he had and he said about anything I wanted .
I asked him what he thought would be a Good one and he recommended and he said 4 Dahua infrared cameras and a NVR receiver.
Said that I would be able to watch what was going on outside on my tv screen.
He said that the Price would be $1,300 and take a couple of hours to install and he would have to crawl under the double wide trailer

I do not know anything about security systems at all.
I just want a security system that I can see what is going on outside and record what is going on.

I would appreciate it if someone who knows about such things would tell me if it sounds like what he is offering at that price is something I would want for my needs, priced about right, too high,what questions do I need to ask and what answers I need to get from him before Buying ?

Thanks

Faster horses,Younger women,Older Whiskey,More money

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Putting them in yourself ain't that big of a deal.

Go look on ebay for the cameras run a little wire and you can watch yer neighbor wash her car.........

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Complete video systems are very affordable these days and they're not hard to install. LIke Mag said, take a look on Ebay (and Amazon) and you can find a decent four camera setup (IR) with DVR/multiplexer for way less than half of what he quoted you.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
We have a $1k in our security system. That includes a WF booster so we could have cameras at the barn, and 4 solar panels to keep the cameras charged.

Life is good live it while you can.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
A Ring doorbell or motion light works awesome, is easy to install, and a whole lot cheaper. They use a phone app.

IC B2

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I have been researching these for the last month. $1300 for an NVR, 4 cameras and installation sounds pretty reasonable to me. That system gives you a constant record.
There seems to be several ways to power the camera— hard wired, battery, battery with a small solar panel to keep the camera powered and a thing called POE —power over Ethernet—which means you have one wire that carries power as well as camera signal back to modem for internet.
Some systems use an NVR to record and save the pic and video. Some systems record to the cloud via wi-fi —so the cameras have to have wi-fi reception and they also have a SD card inside them to store the info.
Some systems use cell phone SIM card for use over cell networks.
Some cameras can be purchased for as little as $25 and a good PTZ (pan-tilt-zoom) can run over a thousand bucks.
I have really good wi-fi signal where I want to install a decent PTZ camera on my house—I’m thinking a Reolink system for a couple of hundred bucks should get it done for me.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

97 members (300_savage, 01Foreman400, 257robertsimp, 338Rules, 16penny, 13 invisible), 1,163 guests, and 763 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,057
Posts18,463,235
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.