Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Blacky, do you think you would be successful as a teacher in this current academic climate?

I’d say, no fûck’n way!

If you’re a conservative teacher, you’re hunted, not only by other liberal teachers, but the liberals children your are trying to teach, who also hate you because their parents and friends hate conservatives.

Don’t forget the liberal school boards who won’t stand up for you because of your values. But, will fire your ass in a heartbeat.

As a big, tough conservative, you’re a pariah to all of them. You gonna make a change in that culture? Doubt it !

🦫
My brother is a conservative teacher in New York and has been for 30 years. My best friend was a conservative teacher in New York and retired from teaching 5 years ago. Guess they have bigger balls than most conservatives. I personally am not a people or peoples rotten kids person and would maim or kill somebody in short order if I had to put up with them.

One could argue that getting into teaching 30 years ago isn’t the same animal compared to the hostility teachers face today if they speak out against new school policies or changes in curriculums, that don’t actually teach anything, other than reverse racism.

🦫
My brother still puts up with it every fuggin day and yes, he gets in trouble repeatedly for speaking out against liberal policies. It was very liberal here back when he started. If more conservatives had the balls to do it, instead of just bitching about how liberal dominated it is, they wouldn't be so out numbered. Imagine how different things might be if conservatives actually dominated the education system.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Blacky, do you think you would be successful as a teacher in this current academic climate?

I’d say, no fûck’n way!

If you’re a conservative teacher, you’re hunted, not only by other liberal teachers, but the liberals children your are trying to teach, who also hate you because their parents and friends hate conservatives.

Don’t forget the liberal school boards who won’t stand up for you because of your values. But, will fire your ass in a heartbeat.

As a big, tough conservative, you’re a pariah to all of them. You gonna make a change in that culture? Doubt it !

🦫
My brother is a conservative teacher in New York and has been for 30 years. My best friend was a conservative teacher in New York and retired from teaching 5 years ago. Guess they have bigger balls than most conservatives. I personally am not a people or peoples rotten kids person and would maim or kill somebody in short order if I had to put up with them.

One could argue that getting into teaching 30 years ago isn’t the same animal compared to the hostility teachers face today if they speak out against new school policies or changes in curriculums, that don’t actually teach anything, other than reverse racism.

🦫
My brother still puts up with it every fuggin day and yes, he gets in trouble repeatedly for speaking out against liberal policies. It was very liberal here back when he started. If more conservatives had the balls to do it, instead of just bitching about how liberal dominated it is, they wouldn't be so out numbered. Imagine how different things might be if conservatives actually dominated the education system.

Huge brass balls keeping their head down until they can collect the pension. They are not affecting any change in the district - rest assured.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by hillestadj

I’d say, no fûck’n way!

🦫

🦫

Huge brass balls keeping their head down until they can collect the pension. They are not affecting any change in the district - rest assured.
You don't know shyt as is usual for your stupid, mouthy ass. Both my brother and my buddy have gotten several students interested in hunting/shooting over the years and have actually taken students out hunting. They've also introduced many students to conservative values/policies that would never have heard such things if not for them. It may not be much but it's a fuuck of a lot more of an effect than your mouthy ass or any of the other whiners in this thread has had.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I’d say, no fûck’n way!

🦫

🦫

You don't know shyt as is usual for your stupid, mouthy ass. Both my brother and my buddy have gotten several students interested in hunting/shooting over the years and have actually taken students out hunting. They've also introduced many students to conservative values/policies that would never have heard such things if not for them. It may not be much but it's a fuuck of a lot more of an effect than your mouthy ass or any of the other whiners in this thread has had.

Compelling, over the span of 30 years they "have gotten several students interested in hunting/shooting", priceless - demographic swing in progress.

My stupid mouthy ass might know a thing or two about the workings of the education system but do continue Cap'n Adirondack.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I get it....Your brother hates the political teaching situation and he’s been biting his tongue for years, just waiting to clock out for good ~ am I sorta right? This isn’t a put down, just assuming a smidge of self perseverance would say, stfu, I’m almost out of here. Then, hello pension.

I’ve said this before...Conservative teachers from our era are either long dead or retired. If they were very young, they are like your brother, waiting out retirement age to hit.

Something very simple happened, and right before our blind eyes 30 years ago. “Affluent Mom’s”....Soccer mom’s, stay at home moms, mom’s with too much money and time on their hands that came from places like Portland, Seattle, California, New York.

They got involved with their kids at school thru PTA. They ran for and won volunteer position on school boards. They brought with them their cultural diversity, their love of city conveniences, and a deep desire to recreate what they once held as a utopia where they had lived before. Yeah, where they had lived before ~ Before they fûck’d everything up!

Those places they left had became inhospitable to their way of life; raising kids around druggies, gangs, homelessness, murder, high taxes, etc, wasn’t acceptable. They sought something better, something safer. But what these moms didn’t understand is, they were they cause of these problems by their very own self servicing nature to make everything better, by their standards.

Moms with money and too much time on their hands will start an inferno of social unrest.

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

I’d say, no fûck’n way!

🦫

🦫

That’s a pretty broad painting stroke Blacky, with the remark about “whiners on this thread”. Yeah, I never taught a class. I’ve coached small ball thru American Legion BB. Hunted and fished with many young hunters who’s dad didn’t hunt or fish, or they didn’t have a dad. A few have become solid individuals, a few, not so much.

Was extremely active in Oregon’s Firearm Federation fighting for gun rights, concealed carry, and trying to defeat liberal legislation to remove firearms from the hands of law abiding citizens. Spent a small fortune educating other peoples children. Donated more money to organizations that actually used the money to feed the elderly and poor kids whose parents were either non-existent or fûck’n losers.

I’ve done more than just prattle on here about such things...I’ve played the game. And players earn the right to speak their mind.

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

I’d say, no fûck’n way!

🦫

🦫

Compelling, over the span of 30 years they "have gotten several students interested in hunting/shooting", priceless - demographic swing in progress.

My stupid mouthy ass might know a thing or two about the workings of the education system but do continue Cap'n Adirondack.

That's Cap'n Crunch to you, Sir.

😂🤤😱

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by irfubar
[quote=Jim_Conrad]Lotsa [bleep] teachers these days.

As there was long ago.

Seems about the same as it always was.

It is kinda scary. My kids occasionally have the same teachers I did. Lots of substitutes.

I get kids of former students every year, if I can hang in there for another 10 years I’ll be getting their grandkids.

As to the original topic, it ain’t all snowflake effect.

For whatever reason, substitutes are in short supply, same as most other labor fields right now.

If/when a teacher tests positive for Covid, a two-week mandatory quarantine kicks in, at any given time on a 100 plus teacher campus, some will be out on account of this.

IIRC the same applies if a member of their household turns up positive.

A couple of weeks back I got to feeling sick on a Friday afternoon, felt like crap the next day. Called in an absence for Monday just in case and got Covid-tested Sunday morning.

Still wasn’t 100% Monday but the Covid test came back negative. I called off the absence and went in Monday because no subs were available, other teachers would have had to scramble to cover my classes.

For the affected school districts in that article, you can’t open the doors to let the kids in if ya don’t got enough people on hand to watch over them.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
My HS gov teacher was WW2 in pacific.
Honors english teach was shot twice by sniper in Europe.
Had a gimped arm.

Neither put up w any BS. One was rather blunt and direct, the other mellow almost hippie like.

Both good dudes that were respected. Just different styles.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
My ol lady quit teaching several years ago.
Said it was beyond repair.

Lib admin and faculty ran off the good teachers.
Now its commies keeping watch over a bunch of thugs.

Last edited by hookeye; 11/24/21.
IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Kick their asses out and hire new folks that want to work! The current crop of a ssholes think they’re indisposable! That’s what those air traffic controllers thought also……but Reagan taught them otherwiise!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Originally Posted by slowmover12
Those who can, do. Those who can’t, teach.

Those who can do neither become chat room trolls.

And if you total up the years of experiences claimed by some trolls, it would exceed several lifetimes.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

The school boards certainly make it attractive to those woke individuals coming out of college to come partake in the transformation of Merika.

SMH

Teachers colleges, or more rather, all higher education is now simply a money laundering scheme for the Left. Check prices to go and who they hire and what they pay them.

Have a niece who is Department Head of Political Science at Vanderbilt, worst sort of Liberal Loonie, she makes way too much money, but, turns and donates back to the Democrats Nationally and in Nashvagas.

Had me come and "debate" a leftest attorney on gun rights, I ate his lunch and I am not that bright, but know my stuff on the topic. (have not been invited back, did not go as planned methinks)

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by plainsman456
I had a History teacher that survived a grenade in WW2 and had his face tore up.

He was a darn good teacher.

Ha, yeah my high school Dean Of Students (disciplinarian) at Catholic school had shrapnel-face from Vietnam. One of the few people I have truly feared (and respected) in life.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I get it....Your brother hates the political teaching situation and he’s been biting his tongue for years, just waiting to clock out for good ~ am I sorta right? This isn’t a put down, just assuming a smidge of self perseverance would say, stfu, I’m almost out of here. Then, hello pension.

I’ve said this before...Conservative teachers from our era are either long dead or retired. If they were very young, they are like your brother, waiting out retirement age to hit.

Something very simple happened, and right before our blind eyes 30 years ago. “Affluent Mom’s”....Soccer mom’s, stay at home moms, mom’s with too much money and time on their hands that came from places like Portland, Seattle, California, New York.

They got involved with their kids at school thru PTA. They ran for and won volunteer position on school boards. They brought with them their cultural diversity, their love of city conveniences, and a deep desire to recreate what they once held as a utopia where they had lived before. Yeah, where they had lived before ~ Before they fûck’d everything up!

Those places they left had became inhospitable to their way of life; raising kids around druggies, gangs, homelessness, murder, high taxes, etc, wasn’t acceptable. They sought something better, something safer. But what these moms didn’t understand is, they were they cause of these problems by their very own self servicing nature to make everything better, by their standards.

Moms with money and too much time on their hands will start an inferno of social unrest.

🦫

Conservatives have known that liberals had taken over the entire education system for decades now and have done nothing about it but whine and complain. Like I said before, there's been nothing stopping conservatives from becoming teachers. The biggest reasons I hear are that it's too liberal dominated or there isn't enough money in it.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

I’d say, no fûck’n way!

🦫

🦫

You don't know a thing or two about anything but being a jackass and thinking you're a comedian when in reality you're nothing but an arrogant, condescending dick.

Shyt for brains.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Exceptions to everything of course but if somebody tells you they’re a school teacher you can almost guarantee that you’re dealing with a fugking idiot.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Grade 6 and up teachers tend to be very liberal. Still lots of conservative women in elementary school teaching positions.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I actually taught school for a couple of years, got "certified" so I could teach "Building Trades", local school had a program, they built a house a year and sold it to fund it. They had a guy who was going to retiree in a couple, I taught Chemistry and Physics waiting on him to leave, then they cut the program out, (1978). Wanted me to stay and continue to teach sciences, I opted out. I thought teaching kids to lay brick and do electrical wiring and pour concrete was a good thing. (I donated all the concrete work to them in prior years).

Parents wanted you to beat the other kids as a method to make theirs mind, I got tired of the Dr.s and Lawyers complaining to the heat about my conservative views.

My pay for teaching and coaching football in '76 was $6,800.00, I tripled+ that doing side concrete jobs at night and on weekends and in the summers.

Communities do not want educators anymore, they want babysitters.

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Its just a teachers strike.

Last edited by Old Ornery; 11/24/21.
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

596 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10ring1, 72 invisible), 2,214 guests, and 1,142 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,128
Posts18,464,641
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.