Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 22 23
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
If someone tried to kidnap me at gunpoint, I'd fight back too.
If you were 30 yards away, would you run back for a tussle?

Politics is War by Other Means
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If it hadn't been for Roddie Bryan's video, the outcome for this trial would have been far different.

Everything the McMichael's did was within the confines of GA law.

Last edited by STRSWilson; 11/24/21.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Cluggins
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Bullshitt verdict !!!!!!!!!

Absolutely. They did what any good citizen should.

Dumbass.
We'll let creeps skulk around your place too.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by abbydog
Get a grip, they weren’t protecting a darn thing. Shoot first, ask questions later. They are just plain and simple ignorant men.

You have a right to your own opinion, but not to your own facts. That's not what happened. One of the men was armed with a shotgun, fully within his rights. The perp grabbed it, and in the struggle for control, the perp was shot. When the perp grabbed his shotgun, what was he supposed to do? Let him have it?

If someone tried to kidnap me at gunpoint, I'd fight back too.

Are you a burglar, with a rap sheet the length of your arm, pretending to be a jogger in work boots?

Does it matter?

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
My guess is jogging will be the new sport of afro entrepreneurs.

Hell they wander down every other street w a DG bag and claim just coming back from shopping.

Not using sidewalk, walk on othrr side of cars on street jacking handles/ peeking in, or walking up to windows of house.

Jus shoppin man, see da bag.

One actually lives in neighborhood across the road. Been busted a bunch of times, whole family like that.

I wont lose sleep if a good ol boy blasts the fugger when hes messin w his property

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Does it matter?

It does. He was reasonably believed to be the burglar that had been plaguing the neighborhood. Citizens are permitted to detain for the police those reasonably believed to be burglars, and citizens may be armed while doing so. If you are a burglar, you should expect to be confronted by armed citizens. Or at least that is the case in any sane society.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I thought this place was all about MYOB. I see something I don't like, I call the cops and let them handle it if it isn't happening to me. It's not like anyone's life or safety was at risk. I wonder how hero they feel about themselves now.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by smarquez
I thought this place was all about MYOB. I see something I don't like, I call the cops and let them handle it if it isn't happening to me. It's not like anyone's life or safety was at risk. I wonder how hero they feel about themselves now.

Neighbors call neighbors around here when something seems out of place. It's what good folks do.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Citizens are permitted to detain for the police those reasonably believed to be burglars........

Bullsh*t.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Does it matter?

It does. He was reasonably believed to be the burglar that had been plaguing the neighborhood. Citizens are permitted to detain for the police those reasonably believed to be burglars, and citizens may be armed while doing so. If you are a burglar, you should expect to be confronted by armed citizens. Or at least that is the case in any sane society.

They rolled the dice, now they can deal with the consequences of their choices.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by smokepole

Does it matter?

It does. He was reasonably believed to be the burglar that had been plaguing the neighborhood. Citiz ens are permitted to detain for the police those reasonably believed to be burglars........

Bullsh*t.
I'm calling BS on your BS.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by smarquez

grin

Tarquin
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Tyrone

Does it matter?

It does. He was reasonably believed to be the burglar that had been plaguing the neighborhood. Citiz ens are permitted to detain for the police those reasonably believed to be burglars........

Bullsh*t.
I'm calling BS on your BS.

That's nice. Which Georgia statute allows this?

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Citizens are permitted to detain for the police those reasonably believed to be burglars........

Bullsh*t.

It sure is.

On the bright side the world is rid of a shifty troublemaker and three real dumb idiots. I see win, win, win, win.

TV has become nothing more than the Petri dish where this country grows its idiots.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Bullsh*t.

Actually it's not Bullsh*t - it's Georgia Law. Here citizens have the right to make a citizen's arrest, but Kemp changed the law after this mess.

Once again, the media tried the case without any comprehension of the law and the jury got this one wrong.

Rules and regulations regarding citizen’s arrest in Georgia can be found under Section 17-4-60 through 61 of the Georgia Criminal Code. Established during the late 1860s, the law authorizes private citizens to make an arrest of others if a crime is committed in their presence or in cases in which they have immediate knowledge that one occurred.

Last edited by STRSWilson; 11/24/21.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Bullsh*t.

The idea of the police in the US is that they are hired to do what citizens have a right to do with regard to criminals, but don't wish to be burdened themselves with doing. Can the police detain someone suspected of being a burglar? If you answer yes, you lose.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by STRSWilson

Bullsh*t.

Actually it's not Bullsh*t - it's Georgia Law. Here citizens have the right to make a citizen's arrest. But I am sure the minority power structure is now busy attempting to change the law.

I think if you check into it, you'll see that the law was already changed.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yep. Corrected, Kemp signed the changes AFTER all this mess.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

I think if you check into it, you'll see that the law was already changed.
We don't permit the application of laws ex post facto in the US.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Bullsh*t.

The idea of the police in the US is that they are hired to do what citizens have a right to do with regard to criminals, but don't wish to be burdened themselves with doing. Can the police detain someone suspected of being a burglar? If you answer yes, you lose.

LOL, the "idea of the police" isn't relevant, and it's not a statute that allows ordinary citizens to detain other citizens.

Page 3 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 22 23

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

548 members (1OntarioJim, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 007FJ, 1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 63 invisible), 2,424 guests, and 1,206 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,663
Posts18,455,732
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.