Page 7 of 23 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 22 23
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Bwana_1
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

He yelled "stop or I'll blow your head off" as he was running away.
Source?

It was on the video tape, that they taped from their phone.

So, you have nothing?

GB1

D
dpd Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi

Does it matter?

It does. He was reasonably believed to be the burglar that had been plaguing the neighborhood. Citizens are permitted to detain for the police those reasonably believed to be burglars, and citizens may be armed while doing so. If you are a burglar, you should expect to be confronted by armed citizens. Or at least that is the case in any sane society.

That’s not true in every state. Here in Louisiana you cannot legally hold anyone who wants to leave . The law here looks at it as if they want to leave , they are no longer a threat. You also cannot use deadly force to protect your property. Even firing warning shoots you are considered the aggressor. It’s screwed up , buts it’s the law here. At least that is what the CCW instructor told me two weeks ago when I took my refresher course .

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L

He yelled "stop or I'll blow your head off" as he was running away.
Source?

It was on the video tape, that they taped from their phone.

So, you have nothing?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/11/05/ahmaud-arbery-trial-opening-arguments/

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I didn't say it didn't happen. I just asked for a source. Thanks.

Makes no difference. If a cop under identical circumstances said it, would you have a problem with it? If no, you lose.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by STRSWilson
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

Does it matter?

It does. He was reasonably believed to be the burglar that had been plaguing the neighborhood. Citizens are permitted to detain for the police those reasonably believed to be burglars, and citizens may be armed while doing so. If you are a burglar, you should expect to be confronted by armed citizens. Or at least that is the case in any sane society.

Name the state in which the laws apply as you stated....

OK, Georgia (before they changed the law as a result of this case.)

Two years ago, Georgia law allowed any citizen to stop at gunpoint any other citizen whom they might suspect was guilty of a crime at some date in the past???????

Felony? Misdemeanor? Vague suspicion? Sure and certain knowledge? Observation?

None of that mattered?

You have to witness the crime, see it in action....suspicion or guesses won't hold up in court. What was the first thing the guy said in the 911 call ?.... "operator" what do you have to report ?'......"Idiot" there's a black guy running through our neighborhood.

Did any of you actually watch the trial and listen to recording and see the video ?

lol

That was one of my questions above that went unanswered.

Of course it went unanswered, they're making up facts that are against the law as they post.

12 white jurors convicted 3 white men with a white judge, in a state where if you were a black guy you'd be running for your life too....I know I would be, chiit they'll string me up from the closest tree.

There's video tape of him in the construction site house, and walking out with nothing...there was nothing stolen. Then they claimed somebody stole something out of a boat a few weeks earlier, so it had to be that black guy...let's get a posse together with our white hoods and chase that tree monkey down.

Really???? If I'd have been him I would have stopped and said "what's up? What do you guys need?" unless of course I had something to hide. Jesus people are fuggggin stupid.

And I don't care that he was black, he could have been white or asian. He had no business going for the shotgun, period. Let the po po come and sort things out. If those convicted had held him hostage then press charges on them. You don't try to grab a shotgun away from anyone trying to detain you, let the law handle it. Fugggin stupid fugggs abound.

The issue here is that there is no common sense or fear of repercussions for ones actions (white or black trash).

People suck and are stupid period.

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Skankhunt42
Fugggin stupid fugggs abound.

+1

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
he was a pos and his removal makes the neighborhood much safer, they should be given medals for crimestopping not jail time, just think of all the shyte he was gonna do in his criminal career, they put a stop to that... permanently

.... [Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Keyboard commando and law experts out in full force today…..lol

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I didn't say it didn't happen. I just asked for a source. Thanks.

Makes no difference. If a cop under identical circumstances said it, would you have a problem with it? If no, you lose.

You and legal threads. LOLOLOL.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by SAcharlie
Originally Posted by abbydog
Get a grip, they weren’t protecting a darn thing. Shoot first, ask questions later. They are just plain and simple ignorant men.

You have a right to your own opinion, but not to your own facts. That's not what happened. One of the men was armed with a shotgun, fully within his rights. The perp grabbed it, and in the struggle for control, the perp was shot. When the perp grabbed his shotgun, what was he supposed to do? Let him have it?

If someone tried to kidnap me at gunpoint, I'd fight back too.

Are you a burglar, with a rap sheet the length of your arm, pretending to be a jogger in work boots?

Hadn't watched the trial or read any editorial on the case.
Was he convicted of various crimes?

WERE THEY you stupid fuggg, don't even bring your shiet here talking about something you know absolutely nothing about. How about you go crawl into a river and drown since you don't have the legs to walk, piece of shiet.

IC B3

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
The TRH school of self defense law is co-located w/ the nasty hamper medical clinic.

Stupid should hurt and those 3 dummies will soon be having their colons stretched. They make vigilantes look bad.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by skywalker
Keyboard commando and law experts out in full force today…..lol

Truth!

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by smokepole
Citizens are permitted to detain for the police those reasonably believed to be burglars........

Bullsh*t.

Might be the first time you and I agree on something!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by lvmiker
The TRH school of self defense law is co-located w/ the nasty hamper medical clinic.

Stupid should hurt and those 3 dummies will soon be having their colons stretched. They make vigilantes look bad.

mike r

lolololol

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Unfortunately, we are going to see much, much more of this sort of incident happening... de-funding police, police unwilling to confront black people, prosecutors turning criminals loose to prey on the public... etc.

We are going to see more untrained people "enforcing the law"...

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
TRH; aren’t you a lawyer?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Skankhunt42

Of course it went unanswered, they're making up facts that are against the law as they post.

12 white jurors convicted 3 white men with a white judge, in a state where if you were a black guy you'd be running for your life too....I know I would be, chiit they'll string me up from the closest tree.

There's video tape of him in the construction site house, and walking out with nothing...there was nothing stolen. Then they claimed somebody stole something out of a boat a few weeks earlier, so it had to be that black guy...let's get a posse together with our white hoods and chase that tree monkey down.

Really???? If I'd have been him I would have stopped and said "what's up? What do you guys need?" unless of course I had something to hide. Jesus people are fuggggin stupid.

And I don't care that he was black, he could have been white or asian. He had no business going for the shotgun, period. Let the po po come and sort things out. If those convicted had held him hostage then press charges on them. You don't try to grab a shotgun away from anyone trying to detain you, let the law handle it. Fugggin stupid fugggs abound.

The issue here is that there is no common sense or fear of repercussions for ones actions (white or black trash).

People suck and are stupid period.

And exactly how do YOU determine if several men with a shotgun and other weapons, shouting death threats at you are attempting to detain you? How do YOU determine they do not actually mean you kidnapping, grievous injury, or death.

Should we just tell our kids to jump in the van whenever some pedophile stops and tells them to?

Is there an actual difference?

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Originally Posted by smokepole
Citizens are permitted to detain for the police those reasonably believed to be burglars........

Bullsh*t.

Might be the first time you and I agree on something!

Nah. I now agree that the BHA leaders are ass-clowns.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Unfortunately, we are going to see much, much more of this sort of incident happening... de-funding police, police unwilling to confront black people, prosecutors turning criminals loose to prey on the public... etc.

We are going to see more untrained people "enforcing the law"...

People really need to read and understand their state's self-defense laws. Something else to consider. For those that like to put their keyboard bravado on display on social media, reading this article should give you pause. https://www.npr.org/2021/11/18/1056813652/travis-mcmichael-ahmaud-arbery-trial-latest-testimony  Your social media history will be discovered, and if an issue can be made of your comments, it will.  

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If Arbery had used deadly force in self-defense in that situation, he would have been completely justified.

Page 7 of 23 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 22 23

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

84 members (444Matt, 44automag, 35sambar, 10gaugemag, 6mmCreedmoor, 7mm_Loco, 13 invisible), 2,279 guests, and 796 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,662
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.