Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 23 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 22 23
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Anyone trying to detain someone for suspected burglary or theft that doesn’t have stolen property on their person is opening themselves up for trouble. I’ll be damned if I’ll risk my life and future over a “suspected” stolen drill or saw or nail gun or ????….property crimes generally don’t rise to the standard of deadly force in my book. I don’t play neighborhood vigilante nor do I fancy myself captain America, others are welcome to do whatever they want but they need to remember that this is the potential outcome for sticking your neck out over a tool.

I don’t know if I agree with the verdict because I didn’t hear everything presented at trial but I’m not surprised that this is the outcome. I didn’t think it was smart when they did it and this verdict reaffirms my initial gut instinct.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Anyone trying to detain someone for suspected burglary or theft that doesn’t have stolen property on their person is opening themselves up for trouble. I’ll be damned if I’ll risk my life and future over a “suspected” stolen drill or saw or nail gun or ????….property crimes generally don’t rise to the standard of deadly force in my book. I don’t play neighborhood vigilante nor do I fancy myself captain America, others are welcome to do whatever they want but they need to remember that this is the potential outcome for sticking your neck out over a tool.

I don’t know if I agree with the verdict because I didn’t hear everything presented at trial but I’m not surprised that this is the outcome. I didn’t think it was smart when they did it and this verdict reaffirms my initial gut instinct.

Call the cops and maybe keep them in sight until the cops arrive.

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by Skankhunt42
Originally Posted by Bwana_1

Of course it went unanswered, they're making up facts that are against the law as they post.

12 white jurors convicted 3 white men with a white judge, in a state where if you were a black guy you'd be running for your life too....I know I would be, chiit they'll string me up from the closest tree.

There's video tape of him in the construction site house, and walking out with nothing...there was nothing stolen. Then they claimed somebody stole something out of a boat a few weeks earlier, so it had to be that black guy...let's get a posse together with our white hoods and chase that tree monkey down.

Really???? If I'd have been him I would have stopped and said "what's up? What do you guys need?" unless of course I had something to hide. Jesus people are fuggggin stupid.

And I don't care that he was black, he could have been white or asian. He had no business going for the shotgun, period. Let the po po come and sort things out. If those convicted had held him hostage then press charges on them. You don't try to grab a shotgun away from anyone trying to detain you, let the law handle it. Fugggin stupid fugggs abound.

The issue here is that there is no common sense or fear of repercussions for ones actions (white or black trash).

People suck and are stupid period.

And exactly how do YOU determine if several men with a shotgun and other weapons, shouting death threats at you are attempting to detain you? How do YOU determine they do not actually mean you kidnapping, grievous injury, or death.

Should we just tell our kids to jump in the van whenever some pedophile stops and tells them to?

Is there an actual difference?

Yea, cuz taking a load of shot to the belly is soooooo much better than complying lol.... Stupid Fuggggg

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

Exactly. I can see following at a safe distance and updating dispatch with locations but I’ll be damned if I am initiating a “felony stop”.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H

Bet he felt he had nothing to lose, based on having been a thief for some time.

Would think fighting for the gun take way more effort than running away.

Maybe he figured he was gonna get shot no matter what.

Culturally some folks push things to the max over and over and over.

Too many videos of that BS to list.

IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S

I agree with you but the Jigger could have waited till the cops arrived as well.

The problem is the Jigger (and Wiggers) think they can do as they please with no repercussions. If someone is holding a shotgun on you fuggin suck it up and wait till the po po gets there or take your medicine. Pretty simple really.

Too bad these dumbasses are going to prison.

And to ALL of you replying to this thread that haven't been around people like this you have no fuggin idea. There's WAY too many jackasses out there that think there should be no repercussions for their actions (black as well as white but ESPECIALLY black). If you haven't been around these people you can't fathom it. So IdahoShooter run your trap, you don't have any idea what you're talking about.

Last edited by Skankhunt42; 11/24/21.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Times change. Fifty years ago this wouldn't have made local news. Now its world wide breaking news.

NOVIT EMIM DOMINUS QUI SUNT EUIS {Arnauld Amalric} "Kill them all,God will know His." Never trust Horses ,Women and very few Mules.A good rifle will let in lots of AIR AND LIGHT.
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
People fail to understand that others get to dictate the response.

Think both sides erred in that regard.

And both lost.

Trusting a jury to sort it out is a crap shoot.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

He yelled "stop or I'll blow your head off" as he was running away.
Source?

It was on the video tape, that they taped from their phone.

So, you have nothing?

The audio on the video is horrible.

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

If someone is holding a shotgun on you fuggin suck it up and wait till the po po gets there

I'd may just decide to take a shotgun from someone who was falsely imprisoning me.

IC B3

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Even if youre legal, fuggin around w stupids can be a bad deal

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S

If someone is holding a shotgun on you fuggin suck it up and wait till the po po gets there

I'd may just decide to take a shotgun from someone who was falsely imprisoning me.

And if you ended up dead that's on you bro. Take your medicine or wait for the law, as stated.

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by hookeye
Even if youre legal, fuggin around w stupids can be a bad deal

Yep, and the dumbasses are gonna pay. Just as the dumbass who grabbed the shotgun paid.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

You may be wise in choosing that course of action, but this is not necessarily about what you may choose to do under the same or similar circumstances. The relevant question is whether folks are within their rights to arm themselves in the context of an attempt to detain someone they reasonably believe is a burglar.

Take note that I did not say "within their rights to shoot someone for suspected burglary." That's not at issue. No one was shot for suspicion of burglary. The notion that burglary doesn't justify shooting someone is, therefore, completely irrelevant. All that's relevant is whether someone possesses a right to be armed while attempting to detain a burglar, or someone he reasonably believes is one.

Once you get there, it becomes a simple analysis of self-defense justification. If someone attacks you while you are armed within your rights, is lethal force in self-defense justified? That's it. That's the analysis. Your personal choices under similar circumstances might be interesting to discuss, but have no relevance to the analysis appropriate for this case.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Take the shotgun and you will die. When you could've just ran out of the neighborhood or into the woods were the retards couldn't chase you. Paul must be Jason Bourne, bad malfugga.

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
I really don't care that these guys are going to prison because they were stupid. I probably wouldn't have convicted them but it is what it is.

Like I said unless you have been around people that think they are untouchable or their actions have no reprecussions you probably wouldn't understand. I'm betting that's 90 percent of the people here.

You guys go for what you know, I'm done.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by hookeye

Bet he felt he had nothing to lose, based on having been a thief for some time.

Would think fighting for the gun take way more effort than running away.

Maybe he figured he was gonna get shot no matter what.

Culturally some folks push things to the max over and over and over.

Too many videos of that BS to list.

Yep.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
A couple of questions for our legal scholars: If the jogger had pulled out a gun and shot the dummy that was pointing a gun in his direction could the jogger claim self defense? Even if he could not legally own a gun does the jogger have the right to self defense if in imminent jeopardy of death or great bodily harm?

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by lvmiker
A couple of questions for our legal scholars: If the jogger had pulled out a gun and shot the dummy that was pointing a gun in his direction could the jogger claim self defense? Even if he could not legally own a gun does the jogger have the right to self defense if in imminent jeopardy of death or great bodily harm?

mike r

Only if it were determined that he was not actually a burglar. In which case, he'd be in the right, and his actions in self-defense would therefore have been justified. His long criminal record would not help him in this claim, however.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Raferman
Take the shotgun and you will die. When you could've just ran out of the neighborhood or into the woods were the retards couldn't chase you. Paul must be Jason Bourne, bad malfugga.

You be very surprised how easy it is to take a service sized handgun or a long gun away from someone who is within arms reach. I used to regularly demonstrate this in training with my crews. I'd get someone to hold our dummy Beretta within arms reach. I'd tell them I was going to take it from them at some point during the conversation. I never failed, despite giving them warning. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmQk3DnTcSs

Page 8 of 23 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 22 23

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 11point, 007FJ, 12344mag, 160user, 55 invisible), 2,918 guests, and 1,239 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,357
Posts18,468,926
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.