Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by smokepole
Citizens are permitted to detain for the police those reasonably believed to be burglars........
Bullsh*t.
Might be the first time you and I agree on something!
Nah. I now agree that the BHA leaders are ass-clowns.
I'm glad to see you've come around....
Backcountry Hunters & Anglers?

Yes. Also known as "commies anonymous"

BP-B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by Calvin
It’s not as simple as a black guy jogging down the road. It was a guy who illegally entered a house under construction looking for things to steal and the neighbors giving chase because someone who matches his description had broken in 4 times before. They have him on camera in the place.

Yep, and no one was shot because anyone "believed he would commit a crime in the future, nor because anyone believed he committed a crime." He was shot because he grabbed someone's shotgun.

It shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone that some people are not willing to be held at gunpoint illegally.

You cannot make up your own set of facts. No one held anyone at gunpoint. That's not in evidence.

He got held at gunpoint. The video clearly shows it. Just to keep you from going full tard on me, I'd encourage you to look up the several definition of held at gunpoint.

Hell, I'll fix your glitch right now. If you use a gun in any way in the process of falsely imprisoning someone, you should damn well expect some of them not to put up with your schidt.

Bingo.

What are your opinions of the Zimmerman verdict?

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Muffin
I'll ask again...........

What FELONY were they using as the basis for a Citizens Arrest?????

According to TRH, suspicion that he committed previous burglaries and was "trespassing".

M
Muffin Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Originally Posted by Muffin
I'll ask again...........

What FELONY were they using as the basis for a Citizens Arrest?????

According to TRH, suspicion that he committed previous burglaries and was "trespassing".

2010 Georgia Code
TITLE 17 - CRIMINAL PROCEDURE
CHAPTER 4 - ARREST OF PERSONS
ARTICLE 4 - ARREST BY PRIVATE PERSONS
§ 17-4-60 - Grounds for arrest
O.C.G.A. 17-4-60 (2010)
17-4-60. Grounds for arrest

A private person may arrest an offender if the offense is committed in his presence or within his immediate knowledge. If the offense is a felony and the offender is escaping or attempting to escape, a private person may arrest him upon reasonable and probable grounds of suspicion.

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by copperking81
It’s not as simple as a black guy jogging down the road. It was a guy who illegally entered a house under construction looking for things to steal and the neighbors giving chase because someone who matches his description had broken in 4 times before. They have him on camera in the place.

Yep, and no one was shot because anyone "believed he would commit a crime in the future, nor because anyone believed he committed a crime." He was shot because he grabbed someone's shotgun.

It shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone that some people are not willing to be held at gunpoint illegally.

You cannot make up your own set of facts. No one held anyone at gunpoint. That's not in evidence.

He got held at gunpoint. The video clearly shows it. Just to keep you from going full tard on me, I'd encourage you to look up the several definition of held at gunpoint.

Hell, I'll fix your glitch right now. If you use a gun in any way in the process of falsely imprisoning someone, you should damn well expect some of them not to put up with your schidt.

Bingo.

If you are asking me, they got it right. That one should have never resulted in charges.

IC B2

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Skankhunt42
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Anyone trying to detain someone for suspected burglary or theft that doesn’t have stolen property on their person is opening themselves up for trouble. I’ll be damned if I’ll risk my life and future over a “suspected” stolen drill or saw or nail gun or ????….property crimes generally don’t rise to the standard of deadly force in my book. I don’t play neighborhood vigilante nor do I fancy myself captain America, others are welcome to do whatever they want but they need to remember that this is the potential outcome for sticking your neck out over a tool.

I don’t know if I agree with the verdict because I didn’t hear everything presented at trial but I’m not surprised that this is the outcome. I didn’t think it was smart when they did it and this verdict reaffirms my initial gut instinct.

Call the cops and maybe keep them in sight until the cops arrive.

I agree with you but the Jigger could have waited till the cops arrived as well.

The problem is the Jigger (and Wiggers) think they can do as they please with no repercussions. If someone is holding a shotgun on you fuggin suck it up and wait till the po po gets there or take your medicine. Pretty simple really.

Too bad these dumbasses are going to prison.

And to ALL of you replying to this thread that haven't been around people like this you have no fuggin idea. There's WAY too many jackasses out there that think there should be no repercussions for their actions (black as well as white but ESPECIALLY black). If you haven't been around these people you can't fathom it. So IdahoShooter run your trap, you don't have any idea what you're talking about.

Really? Have you ever been party to an exchange of gunfire? Or party to the subsequent court proceedings?

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I

If someone is holding a shotgun on you fuggin suck it up and wait till the po po gets there

I'd may just decide to take a shotgun from someone who was falsely imprisoning me.

Might as well. because as soon as you give up your ability to fight, you might as well figure you're dead anyway.

Like stated earlier. Most every person here claims they would fight back rather than surrender to those intent to do them harm.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Bingo.

Completely a different situation. Hence the verdict.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by STRSWilson

Rules and regulations regarding citizen’s arrest in Georgia can be found under Section 17-4-60 through 61 of the Georgia Criminal Code. Established during the late 1860s, the law authorizes private citizens to make an arrest of others if a crime is committed in their presence or in cases in which they have immediate knowledge that one occurred.

A crime was not committed in their presence and they had no immediate knowledge of any crime.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

Bingo.

Completely a different situation. Hence the verdict.

How so?

IC B3

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I

Still does not meet the legal requirement of witnessing a felonious act.

Exactly why claims of making a legal citizen's arrest were laughed out of the court room.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
]

How so?

Well I don't really want to type out all the fact on a phone, but Zimmerman was attacked while he was on the phone with 911, then pulled a gun...after being physically assaulted. The GA guys decided to try and do some sort of citizens arrest for a something? Pulled a gun when the guy wouldn't stop and then blasted him when he went for the shotgun.

They made poor decisions and paid for them. Obviously

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 11/24/21.
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I

What makes you so sure that McMichaels would not have followed through on his threat "Blow your phugging head off" if Arbery had kept running?

Why should Arbery have disbelieved that threat?

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I

You define things your way. The rest of the world will use commonly understood definitions.

Let three armed men chase you with motor vehicles for five minutes screaming threats to kill you. Then one of them leaps from the vehicle with gun "at ready position" and tell us you would not feel you were in eminent threat of death.

We have read far too many of your posts about how you felt an eminent threat from far more mundane events.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

You define things your way. The rest of the world will use commonly understood definitions.

Let three armed men chase you with motor vehicles for five minutes screaming threats to kill you. Then one of them leaps from the vehicle with gun "at ready position" and tell us you would not feel you were in eminent threat of death.

We have read far too many of your posts about how you felt an eminent threat from far more mundane events.

He ain't wrong...

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
define "held at gunpoint":

a: If you are held at gunpoint, someone is threatening to shoot and kill you if you do not obey them.

b; Idiom: at gunpoint. Under or as if under the threat of being shot. American Heritage® Dictionary of the English ...

c: experiencing or using a threat of killing with a gun

d: at gunpoint: while threatening someone or being threatened with a gun

Tell me again how Arbery was not "Held at gunpoint".

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Immediacy. The dead guy was the only one reacting to an immediate threat to life or limb. There is nothing in this whole thread that rises to that.

A
add Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A

Bingo.

If you are asking me, they got it right. That one should have never resulted in charges.

^ ^ ^

Smart Boy chimes in, again.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Bwana_1

You mean a Black guy, so this guy that didn't steal anything on their own video MUST be him.....lol

No reply to my post??? You stupid fugggg

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
[quote=AcesNeights]Anyone trying to detain someone for suspected burglary or theft that doesn’t have stolen property on their person is opening themselves up for trouble. I’ll be damned if I’ll risk my life and future over a “suspected” stolen drill or saw or nail gun or ????….property crimes generally don’t rise to the standard of deadly force in my book. I don’t play neighborhood vigilante nor do I fancy myself captain America, others are welcome to do whatever they want but they need to remember that this is the potential outcome for sticking your neck out over a tool.

I don’t know if I agree with the verdict because I didn’t hear everything presented at trial but I’m not surprised that this is the outcome. I didn’t think it was smart when they did it and this verdict reaffirms my initial gut instinct.

Call the cops and maybe keep them in sight until the cops arrive.

I agree with you but the Jigger could have waited till the cops arrived as well.

The problem is the Jigger (and Wiggers) think they can do as they please with no repercussions. If someone is holding a shotgun on you fuggin suck it up and wait till the po po gets there or take your medicine. Pretty simple really.

Too bad these dumbasses are going to prison.

And to ALL of you replying to this thread that haven't been around people like this you have no fuggin idea. There's WAY too many jackasses out there that think there should be no repercussions for their actions (black as well as white but ESPECIALLY black). If you haven't been around these people you can't fathom it. So IdahoShooter run your trap, you don't have any idea what you're talking about.

Have you ever been party to an excange of gunfire? Or party to the subsequent court proceedings; Stupid Fuggggg?

Last edited by Skankhunt42; 11/24/21.
Page 11 of 23 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 22 23

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
746 members (10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 02bfishn, 12308300, 11point, 10Glocks, 87 invisible), 2,720 guests, and 1,254 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,702
Posts18,399,996
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.