Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by copperking81
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
]

How so?

Well I don't really want to type out all the fact on a phone, but Zimmerman was attacked while he was on the phone with 911, then pulled a gun...after being physically assaulted. The GA guys decided to try and do some sort of citizens arrest for a something? Pulled a gun when the guy wouldn't stop and then blasted him when he went for the shotgun.

They made poor decisions and paid for them. Obviously

Both made a stop. Both were attacked. So are you saying the GA guys shouldn't have had their weapons exposed... that's the difference?

You are missing a glaring difference in the two cases. Review the charges against the Georgia boys and see if one of the charges might be what precipitated the whole affair.

Ok, which one?

False imprisonment is a felony in GA. Under GA self-defense laws there are three circumstances identified in which self-defense is not authorized. Surely this deep into the conversation you have troubled yourself with reading the applicable GA self defense laws right?

Since Georgia law allowed citizens arrest which allows citizens to detane law breakers. Then the false imprisonment is canceled out

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
]

How so?

Well I don't really want to type out all the fact on a phone, but Zimmerman was attacked while he was on the phone with 911, then pulled a gun...after being physically assaulted. The GA guys decided to try and do some sort of citizens arrest for a something? Pulled a gun when the guy wouldn't stop and then blasted him when he went for the shotgun.

Both made a stop. Both were attacked. So are you saying the GA guys shouldn't have had their weapons exposed... that's the difference?

You are missing a glaring difference in the two cases. Review the charges against the Georgia boys and see if one of the charges might be what precipitated the whole affair.

Ok, which one?

False imprisonment is a felony in GA. Under GA self-defense laws there are three circumstances identified in which self-defense is not authorized. Surely this deep into the conversation you have troubled yourself with reading the applicable GA self defense laws right?

So how is that different from what Zimmerman did?

Zimmerman was keeping Trayvon in sight. He was not restricting his movement. He was not falsely imprisoning Trayvon. It's important to note that Florida is not Georgia. State law matters.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
All three guilty of murder? Justice?

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I'll make it easy for you.

False imprisonment is a felony in GA. The Klan boys were convicted of false imprisonment.

Since you are too lazy to look it up, (b)(2) https://law.justia.com/codes/georgia/2010/title-16/chapter-3/article-2/16-3-21

That's why I have have been referring to the clan boys falsely imprisoning Arbery

M
Muffin Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by jwp475
]

How so?

Ok, which one?

Since Georgia law allowed citizens arrest which allows citizens to detane law breakers. Then the false imprisonment is canceled out

NOT 'Law Breakers', in general or of any kind, but those that you witnessed or have REASONABLE and PROBABLE grounds, known to have committed a FELONIUS act and are trying to evade/elude capture.............

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
]

How so?

Ok, which one?

So how is that different from what Zimmerman did?

Zimmerman was keeping Trayvon in sight. He was not restricting his movement. He was not falsely imprisoning Trayvon. It's important to note that Florida is not Georgia. State law matters.

So Trayvon attacked Zimmerman for simply keeping him in sight? In the GA guys video, at what point would you say they successfully restricted this movement?

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I understand the false imprisionment is the pretence. So why weren't they others charged with false imprisionment rather then murder. I admit that I have not researched this but justification doesn't neccesarly equal justice.

M
Muffin Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by rem141r
why did they try all 3 dumbf-ucks together? wasn't the moe howard haircut guy just following and videoing dumbf-uck Sr and Jr?

Why were they all tried together???? For that answer you would need to query the Defense council....

WHY were they all tried with charges of Felony Murder? Because ALL three participated in the Felony of false arrest and someone died while or in the process of the Felony being committed.......

That is why there was no 1st Degree charge, there wasn't INTENT..

IF Arbery had managed to gain control of a weapon and killed one of the three, the other two could still be charged with Felony Murder..... for they were in the process of committing a Felony and someone died, it matters not if it was one of their own or an innocent by stander.........

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Muffin you do à good job explaining the legal situation and I appreciate that. especially without referring to people as lazy or stupid. But couldn't the jury of found the non shooters guilty of lesser crimes.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Muffin
]

How so?

Ok, which one?

NOT 'Law Breakers', in general or of any kind, but those that you witnessed or have REASONABLE and PROBABLE grounds, known to have committed a FELONIUS act and are trying to evade/elude capture.............

Exactly

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
So Trayvon attacked Zimmerman for simply keeping him in sight? In the GA guys video, at what point would you say they successfully restricted this movement?

Don't get hung up on the word successfully. Read GAs false imprisonment statute.

For me the combination of "I'll blow your head off" then getting out of the truck with a shotgun along Arbery's path of travel while the second vehicle came up from behind sealed the deal. At that point, I think the "confine" element of the law was met. I don't know what did it with the jurors.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

Don't get hung up on the word successfully. Read GAs false imprisonment statute.

For me the combination of "I'll blow your head off" then getting out of the truck with a shotgun along Arbery's path of travel while the second vehicle came up from behind sealed the deal. At that point, I think the "confine" element of the law was met. I don't know what did it with the jurors.

What about Trayvon?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
To be simple, again. Ahmaud Arbery was the only person that night in that place who was entitled by Georgia law to use deadly force.

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by Skankhunt42

Have you ever been party to an excange of gunfire? Or party to the subsequent court proceedings; Stupid Fuggggg?

Actually, I have. On more than one occasion. The matters are on record at the Payette Co courthouse.

As the perpetrators are still alive, it would foolish to expound on the matter and possibly antagonize the issue at this point.

I will not comment on it further.

LOL just STFU already

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S

Originally Posted by Bwana_1
Sorry, I said I was out of this...My bad

Smartest thing you've said in the whole thread.

Ya, genius. LIke you know what you are talking about lol

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by 5thShock
To be simple, again. Ahmaud Arbery was the only person that night in that place who was entitled by Georgia law to use deadly force.

So, when Arbery attacked Travis McMichaels in an attempt to snatch his shotgun, what was Travis McMichael's legal obligation, assuming he wished to avoid being charged with murder? Please be specific.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

Have you ever been party to an excange of gunfire? Or party to the subsequent court proceedings; Stupid Fuggggg?

Actually, I have. On more than one occasion. The matters are on record at the Payette Co courthouse.

As the perpetrators are still alive, it would foolish to expound on the matter and possibly antagonize the issue at this point.

I will not comment on it further.

LOL just STFU already
Originally Posted by Bwana_1
Sorry, I said I was out of this...My bad

Smartest thing you've said in the whole thread.

Ya, genius. LIke you know what you are talking about lol

For a new guy it doesn't appear you have the ability to civilly converse without calling every member rude names...tell me, are you old enough to shave ?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S

That's not what Georgia law says, it's quite a bit more restrictive than what you stated, as far as who can make a citizen's arrest and for what.

It was also the centerpiece of the defense and as such would have been explained to the jury in detail multiple times by people infinitely more qualified on Georgia law (including the judge) than anyone here.

A jury of their peers heard those explanations of Georgia law, heard the evidence, and didn't buy that they acted in accordance with Georgia law.

That's how it's supposed to work, that's how it worked for Kyle Rittenhouse. What else does anyone need?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

So, when Arbery attacked Travis McMichaels in an attempt to snatch his shotgun, what was Travis McMichael's legal obligation, assuming he wished to avoid being charged with murder? Please be specific.

I'm waiting.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

That's a false choice. His legal obligation was to not attempt to detain Arberry at gunpoint in the first place.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Page 13 of 23 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 22 23

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
721 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 1234, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10gaugeman, 66 invisible), 3,129 guests, and 1,291 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,745
Posts18,401,279
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.