Hop To
Page 19 of 23 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Then why do you carry a CCW if it is easier and safer to capitulate to the demands of any who might accost you on your hikes?
My gun only gets used if my life is wrongly and imminently threatened. That's not what happened here vis a vis Arbery (although it is what happened here vis a vis Travis). Don't pretend to be stupid. These folks were asking someone to wait for the police because they had good reason to believe he was a burglar. He chose to run, and then to fight for the shotgun so that, presumably, he could shoot them.

Any person willing to set aside their preconceived notions and prejudices can plainly see that Arbery's life was wrongly and imminently threatened.

The Jury could see it. Most impartial observers can see it.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by smokepole

But if you're agreeing that someone detaining you in that situation is a violation of your rights, then it would be a violation or Arbery's rights too, would you agree?

Objectively, it's not a violation of my rights (despite being innocent, and feeling wronged), because we have to make allowance for mistakes when folks are trying in good conscience to deal with crime, and not escalate all such situations to the point of death, since the police were on the way, at which point (assuming I'm innocent, a stretch in the case of Arbery) I can make my case to them, or a judge, or a jury.

If someone tries to illegally detain you for any reason, no matter how well-intentioned, it's a violation of your rights.

You just can't admit it, because you'd have to also admit that Arbery's rights were violated.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by JoeBob

Why would you believe the Police had even been summoned?

Why would you believe these criminals had any intention of you surviving this encounter? Often times criminals kill the witness.

For God's sake. You have told us that you are so paranoid of being attacked, that you keep a pistol plastic wrapped in the shower.

Now you tell us that a right minded individual would not attempt to defend himself when apprehended on street by three crazy crackers.

When would you have drawn your CCW and started shooting at the McMichaels? Arbery had no CCW. What choice did he have other than attempt to disarm what he thought was his would be killer?

Look, that’s just bullschit. Don’t pour it on too thick. That kid was there up to no good and he was running because he knew he was up to no good. And no, I’m not excusing the actions of the idiots but this guy was not thinking that these people were criminals intent on murdering him. He got caught fricking around in a house where he shouldn’t have been and he was trying to get away.

That’s what happened.

Really? Arbery knew he had committed no crime that day, except possibly a nuisance tresspass.

He knew he had no evidence of any crime on his person. He had ZERO reason to fear any interaction with the Police.

Do you think that maybe he believed a bunch of men displaying weapons chasing him in motor vehicles screaming that they were going to kill him might just carry out that threat.

You are really certain that the thought of the Klan trading their horses for pickup trucks never entered his mind.

Do you really believe Arbery had never heard of a black man being pursued, beaten, and killed by white men for no good reason.

Quit watching TV movies. The Klan ain’t been a thing in 60 years and was highly overblown even then. No, he did not have a reasonable fear of something bad happening to him just because he was black.

Stay in Idaho and quit opining on schit for which you have no frame of reference.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Suppose you are in a store and 3 armed men come in and start to rob the place. You panic and reach for one of the threes gun and he shoots you. Does he get off on self defence because you reached for the gun? Or does the robber get murder charges because you died while he was committing a felony?

I think the Georgia case depends on whether they illegally detained him. If it was illegal they were committing a felony when someone died. If it was a legal detention I think its much less clear.

Bb

Last edited by Burleyboy; 11/25/21.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
This thread indicates that many people do not understand the legal use of deadly force and would feel justified in acting in the manner that got 3 dummies a trip to the nigra rape dungeons. Emotion is best tempered with training.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
IC B2

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
What about the 2 other robbers do they murder also.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Agree Mike

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I'm just amazed three grown men couldn't subdue one unarmed man without needing a gun.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 5thShock
To be simple, again. Ahmaud Arbery was the only person that night in that place who was entitled by Georgia law to use deadly force.

So, when Arbery attacked Travis McMichaels in an attempt to snatch his shotgun, what was Travis McMichael's legal obligation, assuming he wished to avoid being charged with murder? Please be specific.

Travis McMichaels'' legal obligation was to not terrorize Arbery and make him believe he had to fight to survive.
The circumstances OF THAT NIGHT did not give Travis the power of citizen arrest. He was just Goober in Mayberry, but not funny, and with a loaded gun.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I

Why would you believe these criminals had any intention of you surviving this encounter? Often times criminals kill the witness.

For God's sake. You have told us that you are so paranoid of being attacked, that you keep a pistol plastic wrapped in the shower.

Now you tell us that a right minded individual would not attempt to defend himself when apprehended on street by three crazy crackers.

When would you have drawn your CCW and started shooting at the McMichaels? Arbery had no CCW. What choice did he have other than attempt to disarm what he thought was his would be killer?

Look, that’s just bullschit. Don’t pour it on too thick. That kid was there up to no good and he was running because he knew he was up to no good. And no, I’m not excusing the actions of the idiots but this guy was not thinking that these people were criminals intent on murdering him. He got caught fricking around in a house where he shouldn’t have been and he was trying to get away.

That’s what happened.

Really? Arbery knew he had committed no crime that day, except possibly a nuisance tresspass.

He knew he had no evidence of any crime on his person. He had ZERO reason to fear any interaction with the Police.

Do you think that maybe he believed a bunch of men displaying weapons chasing him in motor vehicles screaming that they were going to kill him might just carry out that threat.

You are really certain that the thought of the Klan trading their horses for pickup trucks never entered his mind.

Do you really believe Arbery had never heard of a black man being pursued, beaten, and killed by white men for no good reason.

Quit watching TV movies. The Klan ain’t been a thing in 60 years and was highly overblown even then. No, he did not have a reasonable fear of something bad happening to him just because he was black.

Stay in Idaho and quit opining on schit for which you have no frame of reference.

Your perceptions and mine are of no relevance in this case. We can only guess as to Arbery's perceptions.

There are some things of which we do have sure and certain knowledge. We know the minds of young blacks are filled with propaganda telling them the evil, angry, "White Male" is out to get them.

And we know it has not been all that long since the last black man was killed on the street by white men.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Any person willing to set aside their preconceived notions and prejudices can plainly see that Arbery's life was wrongly and imminently threatened.

The Jury could see it. Most impartial observers can see it.

Agree, even if he had stolen property on him (which he didn't), he was unarmed, and they did not WITNESS him doing anything wrong. No justification for citizens arrest.

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
And not having conséquences for their actions/not saying he deserved to die but look at the parade killer he shouldn't of been out on the street.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Preconceved or statistical facts.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
The moral of this story is to mind your own fugking business.

Failure to do so has three dipschits going to prison for the rest of their life and another dipschit dead as Dillinger because he liked to poke around other people’s schit.

Don’t do that.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M

That’s what happened.

Your perceptions and mine are of no relevance in this case. We can only guess as to Arbery's perceptions.

There are some things of which we do have sure and certain knowledge. We know the minds of young blacks are filled with propaganda telling them the evil, angry, "White Male" is out to get them.

And we know it has not been all that long since the last black man was killed on the street by white men.

Please tell us more about what black people think. One thing is obvious, morons like yourself don’t know Jack s h I t.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Well, boys, I guess I’m lucky to be alive.

I’ve walked through many homes that were under construction. Just a curiosity to see design, etc.

Glad to be here still!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave
The moral of this story is to mind your own fugking business.

Failure to do so has three dipschits going to prison for the rest of their life and another dipschit dead as Dillinger because he liked to poke around other people’s schit.

Don’t do that.

Can't disagree with those words of wisdom.

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Moose_HNTR

That’s what happened.

Please tell us more about what black people think. One thing is obvious, morons like yourself don’t know Jack s h I t.

Hello, sock puppet.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Skankhunt42
Originally Posted by Bwana_1

For a new guy it doesn't appear you have the ability to civilly converse without calling every member rude names...tell me, are you old enough to shave ?

A year and 9 months is a new guy, again you show your intelligence.

I'm 12 btw dumbass

You were a fuggin idiot on HPA and you're a fuggin idiot here. GFY

Around here yeah you're a new guy, and I don't even know what HPA is...so you have me confused with someone else.

If your best rebuttal in a civil discussion is name calling, you've already lost due to low intellect.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

You're all ate up with woke brainwashing, aren't you?

Page 19 of 23 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

71 members (35, 10Glocks, 14idaho, 6mmbrfan, 280shooter, 2500HD, 6 invisible), 1,552 guests, and 703 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,520
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.