Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Terryk
Fenced hunting is just creepy.

A friend of mine, avid muzzleloader and rendevous participant, won a buffalo hunt somewhere up in Kansas one year. She went up there and shot the buffalo with her Hawken, dropped the animal in its' tracks. She later told us it was like shooting some ranchers' poor old Hereford cow.

[Linked Image]
BP-B2

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Far be it from me to give a schit how someone spends their money.......but sheesh.

This game farm is the Epstein's Island of Hunting.

I am MAGA.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
An Indian, snuck into another Indians farm and shot one of their livestock. Agree with earlier posts, not poaching. Or hunting.

Well, BGG, I don't think it was another Indian's farm. These folks lease the land from the tribe no doubt

"Owned and operated by the Lindskov Family, the Timber Lake Lodge is like no other hunt on earth. Our goal each day is to offer our guests an unmatched opportunity to take one of the greatest Rocky Mountain Elk, American Bison or Whitetail and Mule Deer ever, along with unsurpassed guest amenities."

[Linked Image from lindskovranches.com]

Isnt that a special picture......

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Here's a close approximation of what's on their website:

Come and shoot our finest imported bull. He won 1st in class at the Royal Highland Show in England in 2020. We guarantee a shot of no farther than 35 yards from a bench across flat open country. For safety reasons, you will be backed up by 3 of our experienced staff shooters, all carrying 458 Winchesters.

$20,000. We charge double if you hit the man holding the bull's halter rope.

[Linked Image from thetimes.co.uk]

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Friend shot a 380-400 class bull elk there. Drove up to him on day 1, got out, shot him.

Terrifically exciting, suspenseful hunt.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Anybody want to shoot my dog for $20k

I’ll even take him off his leash and let him run inside his kennel to make it more sporty.

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Far be it from me to give a schit how someone spends their money.......but sheesh.
I don’t give a schit either. It is what it is. I’ve seen outfitters in the Hill Country go to the sale barn and buy a buncha sheep consisting of Corsican, Mouflon, Texas Dall, and Hawaiian Blacks and load em’ up in a big horse trailer and then take em’ out and turn em’ loose on the property they had access to. Then dudes would come out and shoot one of each and they’d have accomplished the Texas ram slam. This was back in the 90’s and dudes were payin’ a thousand bucks for each one of the big rams.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Sure ain't like sneaking 5-10 miles into the king ranch on foot.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
An Indian, snuck into another Indians farm and shot one of their livestock. Agree with earlier posts, not poaching. Or hunting.

Well, BGG, I don't think it was another Indian's farm. These folks lease the land from the tribe no doubt

"Owned and operated by the Lindskov Family, the Timber Lake Lodge is like no other hunt on earth. Our goal each day is to offer our guests an unmatched opportunity to take one of the greatest Rocky Mountain Elk, American Bison or Whitetail and Mule Deer ever, along with unsurpassed guest amenities."

Gayer's aids.

When you starting up a Elk Ranch, Mr Conrad?

Seems like a profitable operation for a family farm/ranch.

Buy a deer for $9k, set it up with some feed and stuff in a high fenced pasture, charge $20k for someone to come harvest it for you.

What a deal.

Prolly easier than dealin' with all them sheeps and cows and such.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

The "ranch" is on Rez, land. So they are just pretending then I guess. The whole high fence livestock bullchit is only a couple ticks less disgusting than the reservation system. All of it is bullchit. Combine the two and it stinks worser than cat schidt.

MAGA
IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
This thread is going to make a whole lot of tejanos hotter than a jalapeño. Wonder if they use illegal aliens to build the fences up in the Dakota's too?

MAGA
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Those ''canned hunts'' are some sick s***. makes my skin crawl.
I believe ilegal down here in Dixie. i know you cant keep a whitetail as a pet in a fenced enclsure. Verboten.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Gayer's aids.

Buy a deer for $9k, set it up with some feed and stuff in a high fenced pasture, charge $20k for someone to come harvest it for you.

What a deal.

Sheep Ranch, Game Preserve, and Bicyclist’s Resort 😎

A new business model for the Hi Line.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Like many raising deer like cattle isn't hunting at all.
Feeding supplements, shots to grow giant antlers then charging $$$$$$ to shoot a pen raised, fenced in animal has nothing close to do with real hunting.

Did I make you cry......boooo hooo, life goes on.
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
Those ''canned hunts'' are some sick s***. makes my skin crawl.
I believe ilegal down here in Dixie. i know you cant keep a whitetail as a pet in a fenced enclsure. Verboten.

same here unless they're bought like livestock.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
This thread is going to make a whole lot of tejanos hotter than a jalapeño. Wonder if they use illegal aliens to build the fences up in the Dakota's too?

Ouch!

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

Gayer's aids.

What a deal.

Sheep Ranch, Game Preserve, and Bicyclist’s Resort 😎

A new business model for the Hi Line.

You forgot

Kid's Motorcycling School, Grasshopper Roundups, Puppies for Sale, and General Good Time and Music.

In it is contentment

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just an observation from the peanut gallery, but I've stocked many a pond for guys that were avowed "anti high fence" hunters. Lots of competition for my spent brood stock steelhead, guys would get really pissy if they couldn't get them one year..... We used to sell canned pheasant hunts at the RMEF banquet, for crying out loud. No one ever saw the irony.....

As long as the critter gets eaten and they don't break the law, I really don't care if they shoot a rabbit, a pheasant, a cow, a pig or a deer.....

Sic Semper Tyrannis
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Yeah, fish and deer are the same thing lol.

MAGA
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Dutch
Just an observation from the peanut gallery, but I've stocked many a pond for guys that were avowed "anti high fence" hunters. Lots of competition for my spent brood stock steelhead, guys would get really pissy if they couldn't get them one year..... We used to sell canned pheasant hunts at the RMEF banquet, for crying out loud. No one ever saw the irony.....

As long as the critter gets eaten and they don't break the law, I really don't care if they shoot a rabbit, a pheasant, a cow, a pig or a deer.....

You're raising steelhead?

Didn't know you had access to salt water.

Gotta admit, I've eaten a boatload of stocker trout in my life. I just can't quite equate that with a high fence, pick your animal and we'll hold them until you get here deal though. There would have to be a diver below putting my hook in the fishes mouth.

But, I get what you're saying, as long as they eat it (or someone makes use of it) and it's legal.............Oh well, to each their own.

In it is contentment

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
166 members (257 mag, 2UP, 10Glocks, 300jimmy, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 15 invisible), 1,467 guests, and 835 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,592
Posts18,397,908
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.