Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Originally Posted by antero
Thanks all - it's not that I don't plan on buying ammo when times are good and it's back on the shelf. I just think that in-store ammo availability is a major plus to any cartridge and am wondering if what I've seen in this shortage (308 on the shelves, almost no 6.5 CM) is going to be the way things are in future shortages.

Your going to have problems with whatever you have because your shortsighted and narrow minded. You still think you should be able to buy whatever you want, when you want, for what you want to pay. You don't see what your looking at very well either. Go back to the stores 80-90% of that 308 ammo is fmj ammo not hunting loads same with the 223 ammo. You don't want to be bothered with reloading either and can't see the need for a purchase of more than 2 boxes at a time. There is no advice or help for people like you except 1 thing, just stay at home and do what your wife tells you. Hey YOU asked. Happy t -day.

STFU.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
BP-B6

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
He does the blowhard schtick now and then.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mathman
He does the blowhard schtick now and then.

He blows Stick??

Whooda thunk it!🤣🤣🤣

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Well I do enjoy Stick telling you 2 guys where to get off and what he thinks of your cumulative knowledge. Stick doesn't give me hell like you guys because when he passes on his knowledge I listen. One of the know nothing blowhards on this forum is 10 gaugemag just don't listen to any advice he gives on the right magazine for your 760 or 7600 or anything else he says if you don't want it to cost you money. Mathman I usually listen to what you have to say because you are knowledgeable and informed but you need to watch who you side. Both of you I hope will still have a happy t day. Mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Switch if you want.....when the gun bug hits I don’t have ground to stand on as far as criticizing choice. I wouldn’t switch personally and would try to either find more 6.5 or run down reloading gear and go that route.

Yup.
IC B2

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I've thrown together a few switch barrel rifles for some guys around here, they seem pretty happy with the results, but I encourage them to use cartridges of the same family which simplifies the hell out of things, hence the cost is lower...a good deal if you are a young working man with a family.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I wasn't siding with anyone, just noting that sometimes you seem to come on unnecessarily strong. I probably should have stayed quiet. Happy Thanksgiving to you too, let's shake on it and have a great holiday.

P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
Perhaps the OP is on to something...

I was in the local SW yesterday (the 24th) and they had for the first time 308 & 30-06 ammo out the gazoo. No .26 CM however.

And just in time for the season to close...

It's you and the bullet, and all the rest is secondary.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Well I do enjoy Stick telling you 2 guys where to get off and what he thinks of your cumulative knowledge. Stick doesn't give me hell like you guys because when he passes on his knowledge I listen. One of the know nothing blowhards on this forum is 10 gaugemag just don't listen to any advice he gives on the right magazine for your 760 or 7600 or anything else he says if you don't want it to cost you money. Mathman I usually listen to what you have to say because you are knowledgeable and informed but you need to watch who you side. Both of you I hope will still have a happy t day. Mb

Watch who you side? Are the Sharks and the Jets gonna rumble after recess lol. Yeesh.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Not sure where I cost anybody any $$ on a mag for a Remington pump but I am sure you're right.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You CLUELESS Fhuqking Drooltards are a HOOT! Hint. LAUGHING!

Pardon the simplistic FACT,that bullets matter wayyyyyyyyyy more than headstamps. Nod your crossed-eyes,setting atop your pencil necks,like you "understand". Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!.

To START with,there's NEVER been a 308 Factory "offering",that'll keep pace with a 264 Kreedmire Factory Load. Read that again. Now one more time. Let it marinate. Hint.

In retrospect,I've only whistled 1000+ rounds of 308 through a bolt gun in a single day,mebbe only five fhuqking times. Such things help R&D stocks,bedding,mounting systems,optics integrity and felt recoil mitigation,fire control group sanctity,along with more than a few other constants,which bear fruit. Hell...I've only caught (1) HK-41's fore end on fire too. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

I REALLY fhuqking HOPE,there's a Fhuqktard STUPID enough to down grade a 264 Kreedmire to 308,because that is Texas FUNNY! Hint.

The 308 will always recoil more,drop more,drift more and arrive the scene at lesser velocity,if only for fhuqking starters. Hint.

Schit Ammo doesn't "enhance" practice. Let alone the diminished abilities to derive trace/impact and contend drift. Hint.

Facts/Physics are handy,despite Fhuqking Retards being oblivious to said constants. Hint.

"Some" 308. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

"Some" 264 Kreedmire(though admittedly,I'm rather GREAT with a Rifle). Hint.

THE M852 308. Though a Ruger American Kreed CRUSHES it. Hint.

Bless your CLUELESS poor poor(literally) hearts.

Hint.

LAUGHING!....................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Big Stick

Pardon the simplistic FACT,that bullets matter wayyyyyyyyyy more than headstamps. Nod your crossed-eyes,setting atop your pencil necks,like you "understand". Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!.

To START with,there's NEVER been a 308 Factory "offering",that'll keep pace with a 264 Kreedmire Factory Load. Read that again. Now one more time. Let it marinate. Hint.

In retrospect,I've only whistled 1000+ rounds of 308 through a bolt gun in a single day,mebbe only five fhuqking times. Such things help R&D stocks,bedding,mounting systems,optics integrity and felt recoil mitigation,fire control group sanctity,along with more than a few other constants,which bear fruit. Hell...I've only caught (1) HK-41's fore end on fire too. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

I REALLY fhuqking HOPE,there's a Fhuqktard STUPID enough to down grade a 264 Kreedmire to 308,because that is Texas FUNNY! Hint.

The 308 will always recoil more,drop more,drift more and arrive the scene at lesser velocity,if only for fhuqking starters. Hint.

Schit Ammo doesn't "enhance" practice. Let alone the diminished abilities to derive trace/impact and contend drift. Hint.

Facts/Physics are handy,despite Fhuqking Retards being oblivious to said constants. Hint.

"Some" 308. Hint.

Hint.

Which round has better ballistics at 2000 yards after soaking in the creek for 4 hours?

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Originally Posted by skeen

Is there any real downside to going to the 308?

No.

True 👍....Hb

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks all - it's not that I don't plan on buying ammo when times are good and it's back on the shelf. I just think that in-store ammo availability is a major plus to any cartridge and am wondering if what I've seen in this shortage (308 on the shelves, almost no 6.5 CM) is going to be the way things are in future shortages.

Your going to have problems with whatever you have because your shortsighted and narrow minded. You still think you should be able to buy whatever you want, when you want, for what you want to pay. You don't see what your looking at very well either. Go back to the stores 80-90% of that 308 ammo is fmj ammo not hunting loads same with the 223 ammo. You don't want to be bothered with reloading either and can't see the need for a purchase of more than 2 boxes at a time. There is no advice or help for people like you except 1 thing, just stay at home and do what your wife tells you. Hey YOU asked. Happy t -day.

I see someone is militant in taking his @sshole pills.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Your premise is fundamentally flawed. You don’t need to switch, you need both.

Becoming a handloader will largely insulate you from the fluctuations in the market, once you manage to get what’s needed. What’s actually needed is pretty basic, and not terribly expensive over time. You’ll be able to practice more, always a good thing.

This^^^^

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by clockwork_7mm
Originally Posted by Big Stick

"Some" 308. Hint.

Hint.

Which round has better ballistics at 2000 yards after soaking in the creek for 4 hours?

Haha 😂😂

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Originally Posted by kenster99
Dump the CM and go 308. Creedmore over rated, marketing hype BS. My 6.5 SWEEDMORE will do everything the creedmore will do, and then some.

If it's marketing hype it sure has stuck around for quite a while, quite a while actually.

I have no need for one because I have something on either side of 6.5 that works but if I didn't have a 6mm or 7-08 the Creedmoor would for sure be on my very short list.

I have and use creedmoor, 7mm08, and swedemore. They all work well. The creedmoor's are markedly more accurate though. They were designed to be a target round with accuracy in mind and they don't disappoint...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I have several of each, you can’t have too many. I’d go 30-06 if I had to make a switch.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I was seeing some 6.5 CM when I wasn’t seeing .308 for a while. Then I didn’t see either. Recently I have seen some .308, 9L, 223 around. I think the manufacturers will pour most of the manufacturing capabilities into the most popular or demanded cartridges for awhile, or until things ‘normalize’. That said, 6.5 is very hot and popular right now. I expect you’ll see some pop up sooner than later. Certainly not worth selling a gun over. No flies on a .308 though, despite Stick’s adoration of the kreedmire. Buy another rifle if you like, for any reason you may like - all reasons are good. And .308 is good too. My only advice would be not to bail out on your current rifle, unless you are unhappy with it.

Last edited by Mr_Harry; 11/25/21.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by hanco
I have several of each, you can’t have too many. I’d go 30-06 if I had to make a switch.

This might be good advice too, even if you kept your 6.5 CM, but wanted to ad another rifle, potentially more suited to Elk. In the interest of diversity.

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
680 members (160user, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 1Akshooter, 10Glocks, 75 invisible), 3,096 guests, and 1,440 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,679
Posts18,399,581
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.