GB1

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by Gringo Loco
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
As far as charities go I recall that the Salvation Army gave 98%+ of the contributions back to their programs.

That is why I have given to them historically. Not after this.

Originally Posted by AcesNeights
The United Way is another good one.iirc

They've had their share of scandals going way back. They also embed themselves in companies to pressure and coerce employees to give. They get nothing from me.

The United Way is no better than Planned Parenthood, Big abortion advocates.

Abortion Advocates

And back in the day, United way quit funding boy Scouts until they admitted queers.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
March of Dimes is another cacksucker organization.

We will not give a penny to anything that is not local and we know where it's going. The only exception is St. Jude's

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I was an HVAC/R tech and for a time our company serviced the main office of the local Sal army,
I found out that any donations they received that were valuable, ie, nice antiques, china, etc,. went directly to the commander's house. They never went to the resale centers.
That stopped my drop offs and donations. That was years ago.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Skankhunt42
Originally Posted by Houston_2
Originally Posted by HitnRun
Originally Posted by Sycamore
Originally Posted by LRoyJetson
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster
My Money ain’t enough anymore. Now I’ve got to apologize for being racist!
I have never in my life walked by one of their kettles without dropping in a couple dollars. They were always pretty high on my list due to their response in the Johnstown Flood of 1977. Before the water had even went down, they were on the scene with food, water, and coffee.
But just as the left has poisoned everything else I ever had respect for, I don’t know why I’m surprised at this.
7mm

I never heard of centralnovanews before. are they credible?

I have always heard the SA did more good in WWII than the ARC, and more for the troops.

WWJD?

As far as credible, they are part of 30 “news”papers.
So status quo.

Please advise of credible source.
Thanks

more info here

https://www.cjr.org/tow_center_reports/metric-media-lobbyists-funding.php

Why do you even contribute here? You need to analyze who and what you are.

A turd in the punch bowl is all you are and you don’t even know it.

No one here likes you and yet you continue to post and share your worthless opinions that are better suited to a liberal cesspool.

You need to look deep within yourself and take an accounting, move your thoughts and putrid perceptions to a board more suited to your poor intellect. Upon doing so, both here and where you would end up would be elevated in their content.

You seem to have an ongoing habit of speaking for all others .

Speak for yourself and let folks know when you’re appointment to Moderator here has been effected.

If you abhor his posts simply ignore them.

Your you stupid fugg. WTF are you to tell anyone else to speak for themselves?

Apologies to the grammar sensitive ones here. I meant to say “appointed” and not appointment.

I hope you’ll forgive me for that obvious, atrocious mistake.

IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Skankhunt42
Originally Posted by HitnRun
Originally Posted by LRoyJetson
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster
My Money ain’t enough anymore. Now I’ve got to apologize for being racist!
I have never in my life walked by one of their kettles without dropping in a couple dollars. They were always pretty high on my list due to their response in the Johnstown Flood of 1977. Before the water had even went down, they were on the scene with food, water, and coffee.
But just as the left has poisoned everything else I ever had respect for, I don’t know why I’m surprised at this.
7mm

I never heard of centralnovanews before. are they credible?

I have always heard the SA did more good in WWII than the ARC, and more for the troops.

WWJD?

As far as credible, they are part of 30 “news”papers.
So status quo.

Please advise of credible source.
Thanks

more info here

https://www.cjr.org/tow_center_reports/metric-media-lobbyists-funding.php

Why do you even contribute here? You need to analyze who and what you are.

A turd in the punch bowl is all you are and you don’t even know it.

No one here likes you and yet you continue to post and share your worthless opinions that are better suited to a liberal cesspool.

You need to look deep within yourself and take an accounting, move your thoughts and putrid perceptions to a board more suited to your poor intellect. Upon doing so, both here and where you would end up would be elevated in their content.

You seem to have an ongoing habit of speaking for all others .

Speak for yourself and let folks know when you’re appointment to Moderator here has been effected.

If you abhor his posts simply ignore them.

Your you stupid fugg. WTF are you to tell anyone else to speak for themselves?

Apologies to the grammar sensitive ones here. I meant to say “appointed” and not appointment.

I hope you’ll forgive me for that obvious, atrocious mistake.

Really? "you're appointed to moderator here has been effected."? That makes no [bleep] sense.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by TBREW401
I was an HVAC/R tech and for a time our company serviced the main office of the local Sal army,
I found out that any donations they received that were valuable, ie, nice antiques, china, etc,. went directly to the commander's house. They never went to the resale centers.

I was a Logistics Section Chief on National Emergencies for many years (hurricanes, forest fires et al)... Went to Waveland Mississippi (3rd wave (i.e. weeks 15 thru 21)) after Katrina in a lesser role than a LSC...

Anyway, box after box of clothes were arriving daily... from all over the USA. Carefully packed boxes of new and used clothes from Churches, Boy Scout, Soccer team moms etc.

We took these donated boxes out to dedicated drop locations in the devastated communities and put them out for self-service for the people in need.

I drove away and would just park and watch... looked like hyenas eating a kitten... chit flying everywhere... the only thing EVER TAKEN (and not tossed on the ground) was name brand stuff in mint condition that could be sold on EBay (or wherever).

Summary... Make you donations and efforts to help... LOCAL ONLY... and KNOWN NEEDS.

Otherwise... you might as well just mail Joel Osteen a suitcase of cash.

Last edited by CashisKing; 11/25/21. Reason: Damn autocorrect typos

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
According to their website it's a phony story.

Retired cat herder.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by TBREW401

I had a different experience. We did a reno for one of their churches and I was impressed by the altruism displayed by their members. They footed the bill for some work at the commander's house as well and was surprised at how concerned he was about keeping the cost as low as possible. He lived a very frugal life. I'm disappointed to hear they're involved in identity politics now.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by g5m

Looking for this statement.

IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by g5m

Looking for this statement.

Commissioner Hodder’s Statement on their USA website bears no resemblance to much of what has been posted on this thread with accusations against the SA.

I tried to link it here but my phone keeps timing out on the transfer attempts.

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
Throw a nickel on the drum. Save another drunken bum.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Paraphrasing what they mean….“We really are upset people are withholding donations from us because of guidelines and pamphlets and propaganda we have published and pushed and supported and are hoping this blows over soon”

The Blaze article link

The way I read it all, it’s all legitimate stuff they’re pushing, nobody is inventing this, not fake news. They thought their pushing of “Let’s Talk About Racidm” was just to open conversation amongst people. The problem is, we are all sick of being called racists and sick of minorities claiming they’re victims just because they are a minority.

From The linked article above:
In a guidebook titled, "Let's Talk About Racism," the charity asks donors to consider the ways in which they have "consciously or unconsciously" supported prejudicial systems that inflict harm on racial minorities, adding that it "acknowledges with regret, that Salvationists have sometimes shared in the sins of racism and conformed to economic, organizational and social pressures that perpetuate racism."

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Some folks around here need to slow down and do a bit of reading and research before diving off of the high board into the "Pool Of Stupid".

Fully read the statements of the Salvation Army Commander in Oct of this year regarding their response to "critical race theory" (he puts it in lower case letters), fully read that .pdf document that was linked, and understand the teachings of Jesus Christ regarding how God feels about everyone.

Nothing they say advocates that white people should apologize for being racist unless they are racist, and that is in the context of a conversation with folks they are racist against!

Jesus taught us that all are the same and he taught by example of how to treat others who were hated because of their origins, ethnicity, or disability. That is the core of what the SA is STILL saying.
Yes they do offer support to the LGBTxyz... community, but they also do so to everyone because, as the Bible teaches us, "all have sinned and fallen short of the grace of God".

SMH...

Ed

I spent about 30 minutes yesterday trying to find anything on the Salvation Army website demanding whites apologize for racism. Like APDD, didn't find it. I did drill down into the second link mentioned above (67 page PDF). Looks like it was geared toward a Bible study or small group study. After reading scripture and some reflection / introspection, it did mention the need to apologize to anyone we have wronged. Which is scriptural. Long story short, I did not find any "demand" for white folks to apologize for being racist.

Having said that, I did see enough in my perusal to make it clear that the Salvation Army is operating from a "Woke Agenda". And to that end, I will refrain from further contributions.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by g5m

here is a link to their website that pretty much substantiates their official position

https://salvationarmyflorida.org/anti-racism/

Sam......

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Cheesy
Newsweek article from 11/24

Newsweek article

That's a good article.

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Gringo Loco
Originally Posted by Cheesy
Newsweek article from 11/24

Newsweek article

That's a good article.

Yes, it is.

Retired cat herder.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I'll just take the change that every time I go to the store and put in the "Red Kettle" ....into a jar and buy another gun for myself......MERRY CHRISTMAS.....

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
I'll cut them some slack, they do a lot more good than bad.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
More proof that the Left screws up anything it touches. The Salvation Army used to be a great organization......I guess now it is FUBAR due to SJW bull s h i t.

Last edited by reivertom; 11/26/21.
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

63 members (10gaugemag, Akhutr, Anaconda, 6MMWASP, 6 invisible), 1,598 guests, and 810 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,202
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.