J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
Originally Posted by Slavek
Originally Posted by viking
Overly priced right out of the box?

Heckler & Koch guns are used by professional "GI Joes" and the company was started by couple of guys from Mauser Werke am Oberndorf when occupies (Americans, French and British) allowed Germans to make guns again. Unlike Strum & Ruger or S&W people say they do not have good service department. This is good because not needing to fix stupid stuff that should have been noticed by QC department is very good thing to get. This is why you pay premium for their products. Just be happy you civilian mortals are blessed enough to be able to buy equipment like that.

crazy

A friend and mentor Ken Hackathorn who trains "professional GI Joes" used this USP .45 pictured below to train some of those "Joes" smirk. He had good things to say about the HKs and the brand in general. A number of years back Ken and Larry Vickers were hired by HK to come to Oberndorf (HK Germany) to the factory and design/spec out what would eventually become the MK24 HK compact 45 for the Navy's special warfare community. The gun was later introduced as a regular production item to HKs line.

I ended up with Ken's original USP 45. that he used as his training gun for years.
It is one that I won't sell, due to the personal connection, as well as the fact that it is simply a fantastic handgun. USPs are rated to take +P and .45 Super level loads as long as the pistols have been properly maintained and springs are fresh. The USPs are well known for their ultra reliability, long term durability and superb accuracy.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

It makes for a good heavy bullet launcher.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I had that exact USP-45 till I sold it last year. I even had that light attachment adapter on it. As cool as it was, when I shot it side by side with my Glock 21, I could shoot the 21 better every time. I had decided to shoot them both and determine which to keep and which to sell, and I sold the USP-45.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The USP is an excellent pistol. The only caution is to keep magazines in cool, dry place because magazine bodies tended to rust and H&K magazines like FNH are very expensive.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The USP is an excellent pistol. The only caution is to keep magazines in cool, dry place because magazine bodies tended to rust and H&K magazines like FNH are very expensive.

🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by UPhiker
Originally Posted by viking
Overly priced right out of the box?

Heckler & Koch guns are used by professional "GI Joes" and the company was started by couple of guys from Mauser Werke am Oberndorf when occupies (Americans, French and British) allowed Germans to make guns again. Unlike Strum & Ruger or S&W people say they do not have good service department. This is good because not needing to fix stupid stuff that should have been noticed by QC department is very good thing to get. This is why you pay premium for their products. Just be happy you civilian mortals are blessed enough to be able to buy equipment like that.
Once again, you're FOS. I know a few CBP armorers and they hated dealing with HK for P2000 parts. HK believed their own marketing and wouldn't send them parts because they claimed nothing ever broke. They are much happier now that they've adopted Glocks.

This is why my Dept. ditched HK. Getting parts was such a hassle and we kept having to deadline guns.

IC B2

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
I had that exact USP-45 till I sold it last year. I even had that light attachment adapter on it. As cool as it was, when I shot it side by side with my Glock 21, I could shoot the 21 better every time. I had decided to shoot them both and determine which to keep and which to sell, and I sold the USP-45.

We ended up with M&P45 2.0s for the same reasons and the fact no adapter was needed.

Last edited by Gooch_McGrundle; 11/26/21.
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

In side by side shooting, running typical USPSA type drills, I find that I perform better with my Glock 21 as well. As truly excellent as the HK USP is, personal performance cannot be overlooked. That said, the ratio of ammo that I have fired using the two platforms is heavily skewed in favor of the G21, but I still find the G21 to be a bit more user friendly (for me). Bottom line is I can pick up either and use either with confidence. It is hard to go wrong.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by hookeye

Not to distract from the thread, but that was funny! grin

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

603 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 02bfishn, 10Glocks, 1337Fungi, 62 invisible), 2,684 guests, and 1,228 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,346
Posts18,468,775
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.