Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Not a lot.

Fair answer... I figure you are alot like 90% of Americans...

But what if/when that inevitable cyber attack hits and locks out 100% of you banking/pension.

What would you need to buy?

Who would you buy it from? Especially if they are as shut down as you are.

I am MAGA.
BP-B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Stammster
Wrigley huh? You wearing sunglasses at night?

He's on a mission from God.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
It seems there was a bank strike in England.

People kept writing checks, trading checks, and many predicted a train wreck when it was over.

Not so.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
CashisKing;
Good afternoon to you sir, I hope that the Thanksgiving weekend is behaving for you all and you're well.

If I may, I'll add another scenario for you which happened to us here in rural BC.

It was 2003 and a fairly major forest fire started just a wee bit down the road. The cause eventually turned out to be an eagle landing on a power pole or at least that's my understanding. The bird didn't make it, the power went off for a fairly large chunk of the neighborhood and the fire started, that much I know.

The local gas station, as well as a food mart had a generator, but there was no inner webs so all transactions needed to be completed with cash.

It was a hot Okanagan day right around 100° and windy, so in short order we were given a half hour to load the horses and evacuate our property - which we did, then dropped over to pick up my Mother in Law who was on 15 minute alert.

Now we had our family and her to take care of and no transactions of any kind were possible without cash anywhere in town.

Anyways, we're fairly stocked with all sorts of things that the uncertain vagaries of life might throw our way here in rural BC, so along with tools to fight a fire and clear a road if we needed to do that to evacuate, we had enough cash to buy all we'd need for a week and enough to lend out to any of our neighbors who didn't have the cash on hand.

Just like the 10lb fire extinguisher, the 8000lb winch, recovery gear, water, food and a noise maker of some description, it never hurts to be prepared.

All the best to you all this Thanksgiving sir, may none of us ever need the emergency gear we've got ready.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Get a grip on your grief.

Drop it Ballz... YOU DO NOT GET TO CLAIM VICTIM-HOOD OVER STUFF IN MY WORLD.

You drop it. I made a simple comment about ammo being good currency, you gotta go and act like a dick. Grow up.

Ballz... game on.

I told you keep you bleeding vagina out of my posts... you can't help it... you get it... move over Flave.

Good gawd.

LOL
IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Get a grip on your grief.

Grief? I thought that was funny as hell.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
18 dimes...

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
There's enough around for private purchase guns and illegal narcotics.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Some people have made the decision to plan for a short event, as well as a medium and/or long lasting one. It all revolves around how long it lasts methinks.

Some people like cash, silver coins, gold, oil, and lead...

"You've been here longer than the State of Alaska is old!"
*** my Grandaughters

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
With the stock market getting pummeled today over the newest Rona bologna...

... and the inevitable "Cyber Attack rending the The US Treasury Powerless"... how much cash (or other "currency") do you keep on hand?

...and for anyone looking to rob me personally... my address is 1060 W Addison St., Chicago, IL 60613

Now, there is a bold question to ask on a public forum. whistle

IC B3

805 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I always have some emergency cash in the gun safe. A few months ago I got to thinking if the house was to catch on fire no way the cash would survive even in the safe. Ordered up a fire proof bag from Amazon and it now resides in that inside the safe.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I keep a years worth of bare expenses on hand. It’s hidden on property not in the safe or in the house that could burn down. Well hidden and not disturbed. It’s there if I need it and my son knows where if I were dead or otherwise incapacitated. I keep another ten grand in a safe for use.
I always pull money from my accounts if they total over five grand. Either invest it or put it in the safe. If they seize my accounts they’re not going to break me.

Last edited by Daveinjax; 11/26/21.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Oops, I forgot. In ten years or less all transactions will be electronic, so make sure you spend that money before it is no good to you. As you say "use it or loose it".

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BC30cal
CashisKing;

Now we had our family and her to take care of and no transactions of any kind were possible without cash anywhere in town.

Anyways, we're fairly stocked with all sorts of things that the uncertain vagaries of life might throw our way here in rural BC, so along with tools to fight a fire and clear a road if we needed to do that to evacuate, we had enough cash to buy all we'd need for a week and enough to lend out to any of our neighbors who didn't have the cash on hand.

Just like the 10lb fire extinguisher, the 8000lb winch, recovery gear, water, food and a noise maker of some description, it never hurts to be prepared.

All the best to you all this Thanksgiving sir, may none of us ever need the emergency gear we've got ready.

Dwayne

I see what you did there!

and my answer is, as in all things money related......................Not Enough!

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
if the banking system crashes and people cant get access to cash or do electronic transactions, every grocery store in America is gonna look like an Antifa protest in about 3 days

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
$20-$40 dollars

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
A while back, a whole sale car dealer was traveling from a Southern state to a car auction in Buffalo, NY. Cop stopped him for speeding and searched his car, seized $30,000 he had in cash. He struggled to get his money back for a year, and they kept it.

What law allows the cops to do this, and would this also apply to your home? Not that I have $30,000 in my home...I wish!

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
I have a change jar full of pennies and nickels.

I keep a glass ash tray on my chest of drawers. It's got some quarters in it for the shopping carts when I go to Aldi for almond milk and cashews.

When I'm in high cotton, it's probably holdin a double saw.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
In the TV series, Bret Maverick kept a $1000 bill pinned to the inside of his coat for emergencies.

When my wife wanted raw fish Japanese food from a restaurant that took cash only.... I had to carry cash....$50 bill would pay for two and a tip.

The restaurant owner was driving a Ferrari, and I assumed he was cheating on his taxes.

But now they take no cash, only credit, because they got robbed.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think I still have the same $5 dollar bill in my wallet that the Command Sergeant Major would ask to see in case one of your soldiers needed a haircut. blush

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
465 members (1Longbow, 160user, 300jimmy, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 257 mag, 48 invisible), 2,029 guests, and 968 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,595
Posts18,398,143
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.