Thanks some good info here...

Agreed.

Primo thread!

Thanks to all who have contributed.

BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Megastink
Find yourself a used Bushnell LRTS 3-12. They pop up from time to time. I have three. Love them all.

Here's a LRTSi-3-12x44mm on Arfcom for $750. All 'round pretty good scopes.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Equipme...e-w-Box-Accessories-750-OBO/163-2190276/

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Two more data points... the “demo” V4 4-16x50 can be had for $799 with illumination, a truly wonderful elevation turret with a killer zero stop, and capped windage. And 2nd, it will clear in Talley Low’s on Sporter profile M700’s (unless you have the one-piece PTG bolt as I mentioned) as well as a Kimber 8400 (the WSM version).

These truly are the good old days of optics; the bang for buck can be phenomenal, and I don’t doubt the other scopes mentioned here are killer. Straight shootin’!

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
S
SDHNTR Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Any chance anyone here has a pic of a 3-10 SHV mounted on a long action M70?

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by SDHNTR

MontanaMan or Dirtfarmer may have. I have 4 rifles with SHV's, but they are higher magnification. Excellent scopes for the money. They compare very well with my higher priced NSX's..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
IC B2

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I have a 3-15 LHT on my 8# 340 Weatherby. Holding up great.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
This rifle has " killed" a dozen scopes including 2 Vari-X III 3.5-10s

Last edited by dennisinaz; 11/25/21.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by SDHNTR

I had a SHV 3-10 mounted on a Dakota 76 in 338 WM with Talley mounts. I had to get a long front base to get it to fit.

Last edited by scoony; 11/25/21.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
I'm seeing a trend in this thread towards LOW Japan built 3-12s. My 3-12x44 bushy lrhs claimed another bull last week. I wish they'd make another run of them with an even smaller windage turret.

Bb

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
IMHO, and IME, the words “Made in Japan” are a great, great thing to see on any mechanical and/or optical device.

I just ordered another 4-16x50 V4. “I think I’m done now”.... lol. 2021 was the year of the rifle scope upgrade, apparently. I invested in (5) of them.

This thread made me rethink how I was shuffling scopes around, however. I pulled the 3-10 SHV off the AR, and as serendipity would have it I had a set of M700 30mm Talley Low’s around (from when I discovered the PTG bolt clearance issue) so I pulled the old Leup 2.5-8 off my ultralight 7-08 Mountain Rifle and put the SHV on there. Great match for the rifle. I put the 4-16x44 V4 on the heavy AR. My intent is to eventually rebuild that upper (I built it) as a 6.5 Grendel, when there’s components around, and that scope will be great for that. In the meantime I’ll keep flinging 69-gn Sierra MK’s into the void.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Invested? That sounds like some Schmitt ol’ Pudding Head would say. 3.5 trillion=0

Talking to you is like trying to nail jello to the wall.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
I'm seeing a trend in this thread towards LOW Japan built 3-12s. My 3-12x44 bushy lrhs claimed another bull last week. I wish they'd make another run of them with an even smaller windage turret.

Bb

You can do a lot worse than sticking to LOW sourced scopes.

It is too bad they discontinued the 3-12 Bushie. Was a lot of quality for the money, and I like the FFP G2H reticle for all around big game hunting. If anything, I think it was maybe just a bit ahead of it's time. It is a reliable dialing scope of sensible magnification range with a highly usable FFP, hunting oriented reticle. Seems as more and more people are getting equiped for longer range shooting, they are figuring out the virtues of those attributes.

M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Starbuck
Originally Posted by Burleyboy

Bb

You can do a lot worse than sticking to LOW sourced scopes.

It is too bad they discontinued the 3-12 Bushie. Was a lot of quality for the money, and I like the FFP G2H reticle for all around big game hunting. If anything, I think it was maybe just a bit ahead of it's time. It is a reliable dialing scope of sensible magnification range with a highly usable FFP, hunting oriented reticle. Seems as more and more people are getting equiped for longer range shooting, they are figuring out the virtues of those attributes.

I agree. I have three of them and can’t see getting rid of them anytime soon.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Tract 3X15 is the best deal out there

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 260madman
Invested? That sounds like some Schmitt ol’ Pudding Head would say. 3.5 trillion=0

Yes, invested. They are an investment in my shooting future, from which I aspire to achieve a significant ROI, especially relative to “lesser” scopes. smile

What mechanically-accurate scopes do is reduce a major and confounding variable in the whole “precision shooting equation“ to close to nil. In other words, removing (or tremendously minimizing) mechanical error at the point of adjustment allows the other errors, both hardware and software, to be seen, so you can work on them.

I see this all the time with what I do for a living. I recently bought a high-precision small lathe (Hardinge HLV-H) that eliminates runout at the spindle to an amazing degree. With that removed, it’s much easier to see and chase down other forms of error that exist in the “lathe equation”.

So yes, I see it as an investment and will stick with that terminology.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
[u][/u][b][/b]
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Originally Posted by 260madman

Yes, invested. They are an investment in my shooting future, from which I aspire to achieve a significant ROI, especially relative to “lesser” scopes. smile

What mechanically-accurate scopes do is reduce a major and confounding variable in the whole “precision shooting equation“ to close to nil. In other words, removing (or tremendously minimizing) mechanical error at the point of adjustment allows the other errors, both hardware and software, to be seen, so you can work on them.

I see this all the time with what I do for a living. I recently bought a high-precision small lathe (Hardinge HLV-H) that eliminates runout at the spindle to an amazing degree. With that removed, it’s much easier to see and chase down other forms of error that exist in the “lathe equation”.

So yes, I see it as an investment and will stick with that terminology.

Over 200 threads on Trump and Russian collusion. You were proven to be a moronic lying sack of schit. You fled when caught in all of your lies. lmao

Are you still on your fake disability scamming tax payers to support your lazy arse?

"For the record, collusion WAS shown to have occurred by the midterms. But I'm feeling really generous today and as I said, I want to give y'all something to hang your pinhats on"

Last edited by ribka; 12/02/21.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
702 members (10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 160user, 12344mag, 1Akshooter, 1beaver_shooter, 70 invisible), 3,026 guests, and 1,409 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,680
Posts18,399,622
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.