MM

GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by dvnv
"I don't see an edit tag on the original post."

He might want to edit again because I80 never gets close to 13 miles from the Oregon border.

To be fair, OP was using the clutch and brakes to change gears on 50's gen tractors and bucking bales at 5 years old. Maybe the interstate or state line has changed?

MAGA
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Cathartic stories here. Thanks for sharing and thank God for the positive outcomes. And may He rain down fire and brimstone on the perverts!

The original Frito Bandito!
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by skfullen
Not a Cajun or CoonAss, but I have many friends who are! They do speak English or at least attempt to, and I don't always understand what the hell they're saying.

Even though I am educated and cultured, I still speak East Texas Redneck fluently when required.

LMFAO! Q. Who actually says "I am educated and cultured" ? A. texan who is not KW or STX.

#weunsgotslotofcultures

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
I
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by dvnv
"I don't see an edit tag on the original post."

He might want to edit again because I80 never gets close to 13 miles from the Oregon border.

To be fair, OP was using the clutch and brakes to change gears on 50's gen tractors and bucking bales at 5 years old. Maybe the interstate or state line has changed?

Back in the day this section of highway was signed and referred to as I 80. From 1960 when it was built through 1980 when it was redesignated I 84. It crosses into Oregon at Ontario.

The highway originally served as a fork of I-80 to serve the Pacific Northwest, and was originally numbered Interstate 80N. It was generally built along the corridor of U.S. Route 30 (US 30) and US 30S, which themselves largely followed the Oregon Trail; the US 30S designation was decommissioned in the 1970s after the freeway replacement was mostly complete. The highway was signed with the I-84 designation in 1980

As the date of the event recounted above was 1973, the nomenclature was exactly correct.

Any other dumbasses want to cast aspersions on my knowledge of my backyard of 65 years? You reminds me of a Reagan quote paraphrased " It's not that you are actually stupid, but so much of what you know is wrong."

You ignorant fuggs ought to figure out I have no reason to lie about any of this. I have absolutely zero "give a fuggs" about what you might think, therefor no reason to attempt to impress you.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Not a Cajun or CoonAss, but I have many friends who are! They do speak English or at least attempt to, and I don't always understand what the hell they're saying.

Even though I am educated and cultured, I still speak East Texas Redneck fluently when required.

LMFAO! Q. Who actually says "I am educated and cultured" ? A. texan who is not KW or STX.

#weunsgotslotofcultures

mike r

Not sure what's at funny. You ignorant wretch.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Well, they were probably safe since the youngest victim of the Candyman was 13 and most were in the range of 17 or so. They weren’t focused on children, they were focused on teenagers and the his teenage accomplices would lure the young men to parties with promises of drugs and booze.

Quite an assumption since authorities don’t believe they ever found or identified all of the victims.
Would you also assume the small boy with Corll was safe?

Regardless, that’s one hell of a damn unnerving story.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Good insight. I think my uncle was probably unnerved by the vehicle blocking my sister and cousin from returning to the house and the young men simultaneously showing up on horseback. That's enough to get the hair on anybody's neck to stand up straight.

I think he just wanted to make sure the young girls got home safely given everything that had transpired that day.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by stxhunter

I remember reading a book about that, that sick f-cker would stick glass rods up those kids peckers then break them.

ltpowell says there are no f a g s in Texas.

LOL

I did?

Yes.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by stxhunter

I remember reading a book about that, that sick f-cker would stick glass rods up those kids peckers then break them.

ltpowell says there are no f a g s in Texas.

LOL

I did?

Yes.

Everything thing is bigger in Texas

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
"Back in the day this section of highway was signed and referred to as I 80. From 1960 when it was built through 1980 when it was redesignated I 84. It crosses into Oregon at Ontario."

My bad.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by jwp475

Everything thing is bigger in Texas

Worth repeating.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by lvmiker

#weunsgotslotofcultures

mike r

Not sure what's at funny. You ignorant wretch.

Amongst us ignorant wretches and reprobates "what's at funny" is kinda funny. Please excuse my level of ignorance as I have yet to achieve fluency in East Texas Redneck "when required" in my quest to become educated and cultured.

Welcome to the Campfire where is a sense of humor is always welcome.

LOL

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
My older brother went trick or treating at Ed Gein's house.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Well, for one I appreciate the OP's story.

When I was 11 (1972), I broke my leg riding a dirt-bike. This was in the East Texas woods near Broaddus. I'm talking remote.

My 8-year old sister and 9-year old female cousin went back to the house (Honda 50's), several miles away down country dirt roads to get my mom. My 10-year-old male cousin and
an 11 year-old friend stayed with me on their dirt bikes (Honda SL70).

On the way back to the house, my sister and cousin were confronted by a man blocking the road with a vehicle. My sister and cousin said that he had a small boy with him, crying, and the man was holding a pistol. He ordered them to stop.
The girls turned around and fled to where I was laying with a broken leg and told us what happened. My 10-year-old cousin went with them and headed back toward the house. The vehicle, man, and boy were gone.

A while later, my mom and uncle arrived with the '72 Buick station wagon. At about that same time, a couple of early 20ish young men rode up on horses. They were amiable and helpful in getting me loaded into the station wagon for the 40 or so mile trip to Lufkin & a hospital. For some reason my uncle was spooked. He sent my mom in his station wagon to take me to the hospital, and said he was going to accompany the other kids home on my Honda.

Within months, the story of The CandyMan and the Houston Mass Murders broke. When Dean Corll's picture was shown on tv, my sister screamed. (She is still traumatized by thoughts of what happened to that young boy all these decades later). When we saw Elmer Wayne Henley's photo, we all recognized him as one of the young men on horse back.

They recovered over a dozen mutilated bodies of young boys within a half of mile of where we were.
God was definitely with us that day or we would have been victims - like so many others.

I didn't have a gun, but I probably had a knife. I don't think it would have done much good.

Holy Chidt!

Are you saying the young men on horseback were serial killers too? So you were amongst 3 serial killers that day?

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
When it's planting time next spring, would some of you guys come by and talk to my garden? I'll save a small fortune on fertilizer!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

549 members (12344mag, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 1936M71, 163bc, 2500HD, 68 invisible), 2,492 guests, and 1,220 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,541
Posts18,453,138
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.