Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by SandBilly
Originally Posted by rickt300
Originally Posted by SandBilly
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
It’s all good….besides we’re all just making a SWAG anyway. 😁

I figure there’s enough bullshit for me to get worked up over…..this doesn’t make the cut.

Well I sure stirred up some of the schitheads!

You’re probably just a 5’4” pussy too.

Hah! Nope. Schithead are you calling him a pussy because he was short or because he killed a guy he didn't have to? Could it be a short guy issue? This could have been a setup to kill Read. We don't know do we.

Nah, i called you a pussy.

Pussy

Coming from you it means nothing or less, keep trying though.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The word pussy is being thrown around a lot.

Ironic, since it's pussy that got those boys into hot water.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
The only thing I know for sure is that at some point everyone is going to wish for a do-over, including the decedent and the children. If you know what I mean.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Originally Posted by plainsman456
You saying little man should have just taken the beating like everyone gets sometimes? whistle

It would seem that many here think it is OK to snuff some turd for trespassing. Killing to prevent an azzwhuppin' is an even more complex decision.

In what jurisdiction is lethal force justified when 2 persons are in disagreement and there is no disparity between the 2 in ability to project or defend against physical violence?

Shoot first, think later, never take a brain to a gunfight! LOL. The CF legal beagles never disappoint.

mike r

He didn't get shot for trespassing, he got killed because he was stupid. There is a big difference.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by toltecgriz
The only thing I know for sure is that at some point everyone is going to wish for a do-over, including the decedent and the children. If you know what I mean.

Agreed. Their lives will never be the same.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by fburgtx
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Cheyenne

I don't know Texas law, and I certainly agree that dad clearly advanced on the shooter, threatened to take the weapon away from the shooter, and even attempted to take it. What I am wondering is whether Texas law authorizes a home occupant to point a firearm at a verbally irate person who does not leave his property upon the home occupant's request, because the issue of who is the aggressor could be determined based on that point rather than at the point where dad goes after the shooter. If home occupant was legally justified to point the gun, dad was the aggressor. If not, home occupant may be considered the initial aggressor for pointing the gun (ordinarily considered aggravated assault unless justifiable) and dad may have a right of self-defense which could include taking the gun away. (Dad did not step on the porch until after home occupant swung the rifle past dad.) I also agree that, at least around here, these cases are hard to get a conviction on an intentional homicide charge.

You must have better eyes or be watching a different video than I watched.

Let's look at this in the abstract before going to the specific. If anyone posting on this thread was standing in a public place where they had the right to be in the same proximity to the shooter and the shooter in this case did exactly what the shooter did when he walked out holding a rifle and swung it the way the shooter did, could not a person reasonably believe that they were in imminent fear of being killed or suffering serious bodily injury at the hands of a person armed with a deadly weapon?

Turning to specifics, I thought from looking at the video that the shooter moved the gun forward in a manner that it appeared to sweep dad. I could be wrong on that. But, actual sweeping or pointing may not be necessary (see prior paragraph), and my point of view from stepmom's camera anyway doesn't count. It depends on what dad saw and reasonably believed. This is a situation where "dead men tell no tales" benefits the shooter. But, as I noted earlier, we don't even have to discuss this point if Texas law allows you to threaten to use deadly force on an irate person who wont back off the dirt patch in front of your residence after being requested to do so. It appears that many Texans posting on this thread think that it is totally lawful to do so, which, if true, makes this is a lawful shooting.

One of them was going to get a Darwin award anyway, and dad was the winner here.

That’s the thing. You DON’T have this “right” in Texas:

“But, as I noted earlier, we don't even have to discuss this point if Texas law allows you to threaten to use deadly force on an irate person who wont back off the dirt patch in front of your residence after being requested to do so. It appears that many Texans posting on this thread think that it is totally lawful to do so, which, if true, makes this is a lawful shooting.”

Irate (verbally loud), and po’ed because you won’t give him his kid, is not the same as a “imminent threat to life/safety”. Mom and boyfriend probably shouldn’t have gone outside. Boyfriend was back INSIDE (to retrieve gun), and thus “safe” (unless Dad made an attempt to enter house). Unless there was a reason to be concerned about the life/safety of MOM (I didn’t see her run, or try to go inside, or Dad make any threats of VIOLENCE to her), then boyfriend had NO legal justification for bringing a gun into it..

Lotsa stupid to go around here, but stupidity is not (always) a legal justification for shooting someone.

Yep.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
You saying little man should have just taken the beating like everyone gets sometimes? whistle

It would seem that many here think it is OK to snuff some turd for trespassing. Killing to prevent an azzwhuppin' is an even more complex decision.

In what jurisdiction is lethal force justified when 2 persons are in disagreement and there is no disparity between the 2 in ability to project or defend against physical violence?

Shoot first, think later, never take a brain to a gunfight! LOL. The CF legal beagles never disappoint.

mike r

He didn't get shot for trespassing, he got killed because he was stupid. There is a big difference.

Were stupid illegal the world would be a better place. I am all for shooting stupid people but I don't expect to get away with doing so.

YMMV

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Courts and evil ex-wives are why my phone blows up with 27 Amber Alerts a week.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I’ll always defend the right for every American to carry.

But a lot of you should not carry.

LOL

I'd make that a Tag Line.
It's so dead on.

But if we broadcast it, we will all pay.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by jwp475
Originally Posted by broomd
Originally Posted by gsganzer

I agree with a major case of dumbass for all the players in that event. But I don't think the event had risen to the point that deadly force was warranted. I suspect a jury will agree.

Unbelievable stupidity, shooters in for a ten-twenty year a$s-reaming. Well-deserved too.

Will follow this one, it won't end well for anyone.

Shooter walks, book it

Haven't read thru all of this but I'll put money against this

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by renegade50
Dude was set up from the get with forethought and probably recent searches on puter about castle law.
Not that castle law is a bad thing at all.
Kids not home for a reason.
Mom had alot to do with build up beforehand for sure.
She probably does ATM...
God bless her...

Castle law might cover the shrimp.
But an awful lotta history and what not behind it all also.

I probably would have shot the guy too.

Teal colored shirt...
Semi skinny jeans...
Sneakers....
🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Fashion disaster.......

Bullshit!
If you were willing to kill over fashion,
poor old Slummy would be toes up.

I think.
I have covid fashion taste.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by LongSpurHunter
Courts and evil ex-wives are why my phone blows up with 27 Amber Alerts a week.

Another idiot speaks

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
I’ll always defend the right for every American to carry.

But a lot of you should not carry.

LOL

I'd make that a Tag Line.
It's so dead on.

But if we broadcast it, we will all pay.

It's broadcast here daily.

The adage "Police your own" comes to mind.

Few here do.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I watched the video and decided that texans really are retarded.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by DeadHead
I watched the video and decided that texans really are retarded.

Spent a summer around Whitleyville Tennessee, you live in a glass house.

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S

mike r

LOL two brainiacs right here

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2021/1...nd-offers-some-important-lessons-n482485

Anyone that can watch the first ten seconds of that video with the victim capped 10-12 feet from the shooter and call this 'justified' is nuts,
End of story. Even more worrisome is the line of fire behind the victim, the shooter was lucky to not have killed another.

At the very least manslaughter. This would be murder 2 or 3 in liberal New Jersey.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Anyone that can watch the first ten seconds of that video with the victim capped 10-12 feet from the shooter and call this 'justified' is nuts,
End of story. Even more worrisome is the line of fire behind the victim, the shooter was lucky to not have killed another.

At the very least manslaughter. This would be murder 2 or 3 in liberal New Jersey.

Your gold standard.

LOL

You fugking idiot.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by 19352012
Originally Posted by Kenneth
What a mess,

The father was pissed at her and the delay of seeing his Son,

Tempers and emotions were off the charts,

The Son lost his father at the front step of the house he lives in..

I don't care about any laws that may apply,

The Father was unnecessarily murdered.

I think it was a preplanned murder and that's why the kids aren't there.

I agree. Nothing there seemed accidental, and the little banty rooster didn't seem worked up before or after the shooting.

The shooter made the statement, "I didn't want to do this". I highly doubt that. Will his kids get to draw his social security?

Last edited by Jim1611; 11/27/21.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

I wouldn't have shot him unless I knew for sure he was a Biden voter. Lubbock Texas is unlikely to even bring this to trial.
by the way Redstate is BS.

Page 24 of 72 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 71 72

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

549 members (163bc, 10Glocks, 16Racing, 1badf350, 10gaugeman, 1_deuce, 53 invisible), 2,490 guests, and 1,356 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,673
Posts18,456,052
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.