Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
Originally Posted by jaguartx
WTH. OSU can not block or handle the OU def line, but they keep trying to run up the middle over and over and over again.

Sooners scored 0 points offensively in the 2nd half.

If I recall correctly, The Cowboys DF also sacked the Sooners QB 5 or 6 times. Probably the best DF in the Big 12 right now.

Ought to be one heck of a good game against Baylor next weekend !

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn LabΓ© SkΓ½la~
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Reports are out now that say Lincoln Riley has left OU for the head coaching job at USC.

Read that about an hour ago.

Lincoln Riley's reported Oklahoma departure shocks college football world

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/lincoln-riley-oklahoma-departure-shocks-college-football-world

Explore the Fox News apps that are right for you at http://www.foxnews.com/apps-products/index.html.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston

~Molɔ̀ːn LabΓ© SkΓ½la~
Campfire Regular
Online Sleepy
Campfire Regular
The PAC-12 will be a helluva lot easier to win year in and year out than the SEC

Smart move by Lincoln

DON’T BE TOO PROUD OF THIS TECHNOLOGICAL TERROR YOU’VE CONSTRUCTED. THE ABILITY TO DESTROY A PLANET IS INSIGNIFICANT NEXT TO THE POWER OF THE FORCE.

- Darth Vader
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
When's Jimbo taking the LSU job?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Beretta_Shooter916
The PAC-12 will be a helluva lot easier to win year in and year out than the SEC

Smart move by Lincoln

Yeah. OK fans are in for a shock when they go through the first couple of years in the SEC. The coaches know what to expect and decided to jump ship.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
When's Jimbo taking the LSU job?

I’m sure he got a big raise at TAMU after beating Bama this year.
I have not been impressed by him or his schitty play calling, though.

I’m sure most of my fellow Aggies would gladly trade him for Saban. 😬

~Molɔ̀ːn LabΓ© SkΓ½la~
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland

Smart move by Lincoln

Yeah. OK fans are in for a shock when they go through the first couple of years in the SEC. The coaches know what to expect and decided to jump ship.

University of Texas fans are gonna be whiny little bitches after the 1st year ass whippings they receive in the SEC.

~Molɔ̀ːn LabΓ© SkΓ½la~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Oklahoma and Texas both are gonna be much lower tier teams than they are used to being once they’re in the SEC. I don’t think Riley was looking forward to competing with the likes of Georgia and Alabama, both on and off the field (recruiting). Head Coach at USC is a pretty coveted and high profile job. Competing in the PAC-12 against the likes of Oregon, both on and off the field likely suits him way better.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by antlers
Oklahoma and Texas both are gonna be much lower tier teams than they are used to being once they’re in the SEC. I don’t think Riley was looking forward to competing with the likes of Georgia and Alabama, both on and off the field (recruiting). Head Coach at USC is a pretty coveted and high profile job. Competing in the PAC-12 against the likes of Oregon, both on and off the field likely suits him way better.

I’m guessing he’ll make more money at USC too.

~Molɔ̀ːn LabΓ© SkΓ½la~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by antlers

I’m guessing he’ll make more money at USC too.

Idk, 7million, 10 million... Is there really a difference? He's already loaded.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Smart move by Lincoln

University of Texas fans are gonna be whiny little bitches after the 1st year ass whippings they receive in the SEC.

They're whiny little bitches even when winning, so really no change for them.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna

Smart move by Lincoln

They're whiny little bitches even when winning, so really no change for them.

Agreed.

~Molɔ̀ːn LabΓ© SkΓ½la~
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
According to a source in the sooner athletic dept., Riley did not want to move to the SEC, saying it was too hard to win there. The administration isn't concerned about wins and losses but the money the programs bring to the university.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
According to a source in the sooner athletic dept., Riley did not want to move to the SEC, saying it was too hard to win there. The administration isn't concerned about wins and losses but the money the programs bring to the university.

Yes, it's all about the money. Some days I hate that Arkansas is in the SEC and takes a backseat to the bluebloods, but at the end of the day it's about the payout. Play the games, keep your mouth shut, and take the money. The money is good.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Looks like Napier to Florida now. We’ll see how he does at UF.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Yes, it's all about the money. Some days I hate that Arkansas is in the SEC and takes a backseat to the bluebloods, but at the end of the day it's about the payout. Play the games, keep your mouth shut, and take the money. The money is good.

I’d like to think Arkansas would have had a few more winning seasosn if they were Big 12, but who knows. If you can compete in the SEC you can beat most non SEC teams. Of course the SEC beats themselves up week end and week out.

Last edited by Hudge; 11/28/21.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Hudge

I’d like to think Arkansas would have had a few more winning seasosn if they were Big 12, but who knows. If you can compete in the SEC you can beat most non SEC teams. Of course the SEC beats themselves up week end and week out.

I think the results would be about the same if we were in the B12. We have better recruits and more money being in the SEC. Mid tier most years with the chance of being upper tier every 10 years or so. B12 would probably be about the same. The difference is the money and what it has done for all sports. We have incredible facilities for all sports, not just one or two, and the athletic department operates in the black every year. It's all about the money.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Mark Stoops is on people's radar but anyone that is wanting to compete with Bama or Georgia in the SEC should realize he hasn't done that in 9 years at UK. He is currently a $5m coach at Kentucky so any school would have to pay him probably $7m+ to come there and he'd be expected to win 9 game seasons regularly where at Kentucky he can do it once every 3 years and they are ready to give him a lifetime contract.

That said, I don't think Kentucky should try to compete with any school to retain him. He probably deserves more money to be UK's coach but not at the numbers other schools would throw at him if he is their guy.

Just this year he finally implemented a passing game , and one year his offense was basically the wildcat, so his improvement came from hiring a very good OC and getting rid of his buddy Gran

He is pissed about the facilities at UK, they won't build him a dedicated practice facility - although he is meeting with the AD today and I suspect the AD is going to be much more agreeable to building it given his name is being kicked around as a desirable hire.

Last edited by KFWA; 11/29/21.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

629 members (12344mag, 1234, 160user, 204guy, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 61 invisible), 2,317 guests, and 1,203 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,619
Posts18,455,018
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.