Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
You can probably remove the electric pump from the bottom of the reservoir and then rinse it out and reinstall.

BP-B2

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Life will go on. Live and learn.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
It won't hurt the pump. Remove the hose and pump back in it's container. Fill the container and flush the same way you did the cleaner.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Here you had better put in the winter windshield cleaner. Cold enough here it would freeze with just water.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I feel your pain. The wife just borrowed my pickup to go buy a Christmas tree and promptly hit the fire hydrant that I've parked next to for the last 30 years without incident. She destroyed the custom rim and ripped the sidewall on a practically brand new tire.

sigh

IC B2

T
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by kevinJ

Where does the pump for this reside in the engine bay??

It seems to be built-in to the reservoir. There is only one small diameter hose for outflow. Two electric plugs on either side of the base where inside there are two small devices, one of which I guess is the pump (pretty small), but I don't know what the other thing is.

Taking the whole thing out and re-installing was simplicity itself, though like I said above, running the garden hose down the spout would have accomplished the same thing and it would have been faster.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AZmark

My oldest son has been to China a couple times with his work in manufacturing. He says HF smells like China.

He must only get to the nice parts of China. Most places I've been smell like rancid cooking oil and shit.

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steve
Originally Posted by AZmark

My oldest son has been to China a couple times with his work in manufacturing. He says HF smells like China.

He must only get to the nice parts of China. Most places I've been smell like rancid cooking oil and shit.

Either that, or you don't want to go to his Harbor Freight!

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
Here you had better put in the winter windshield cleaner. Cold enough here it would freeze with just water.

Does your winter mix ever freeze? 😆

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
My wife got her car hit by some kid,snapped the back tire off,destroyed back quater pannel.the body shop she did business with for years repaired her Car, within a day the Anit lock brake light came on,car wouldn t stop.Brought the car in to our regular mech. He said the brake fluid was contaminated with some kind of solvent and we needed a whole new brake system.Big $$$,turns out the body shop guys put paint thinner in empty brake fluid containers,f ing guy went apeshit on his guys,but he made good on it.Paid the whole thing off when he found bottles of brake fluid with paint thinner in them on his shelves.

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
You should demand a refund.

Yes but he should ask to speak with the manager first.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by tjm10025
Originally Posted by kevinJ

Where does the pump for this reside in the engine bay??

It seems to be built-in to the reservoir. There is only one small diameter hose for outflow. Two electric plugs on either side of the base where inside there are two small devices, one of which I guess is the pump (pretty small), but I don't know what the other thing is.

Taking the whole thing out and re-installing was simplicity itself, though like I said above, running the garden hose down the spout would have accomplished the same thing and it would have been faster.

My Tundra has a low level switch on the washer fluid reservoir, probably what the other plug hooks to.

"You may all go to Hell, and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crockett
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by mtnsnake

Does your winter mix ever freeze? 😆

Bastid!

It gets close here, Labeled for -20F, and I've seen -25F.

But nothing like where you are.

I've never filled the reservoir, but I did spray the windshield with some Dawn Degreaser instead of the spray bottle of windshield fluid I keep handy.

OOPS! Really soapy windshield and it took two or three times with the correct stuff to get the majority off.

There was no grease left on it though, had there been any!

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
It only gets cool here, G.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
104 members (6mmbrfan, 160user, 10Glocks, 35, 308ld, 338reddog, 13 invisible), 1,703 guests, and 742 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,775
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.