OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
New Jersey couple disappear after driving into Pine Barrens
By Conor Skelding and Dean Balsamini
November 27, 2021 5:06pm Updated

Gary and Lorraine Parker.
MORE ON:

A New Jersey couple mysteriously vanished after venturing into the Pine Barrens.

Gary Parker, 67, and his wife Lorraine, 60, of Warren Grove, N.J., drove into the protected wilderness reserve that covers more than a million acres — but didn’t return, according to reports.

Their ATV was later found by their wooded home with a shotgun still strapped to it.

The couple’s chilling disappearance has prompted large-scale searches and desperate pleas from family.

The Parkers were last seen Nov. 17, but a neighbor told cops she spoke with Lorraine sometime last weekend, according to the Asbury Park Press.

An official search began Tuesday. Their daughter, Lindsay Parker, posted that her parents were missing at 12:41 a.m. that morning. She wrote on Facebook later that day that her parents’ ATV was found near their home.

“My parents quad has been found along with my father’s shotgun which was strapped to it. Still no sign of either of my parents,” she wrote. “Their quad was found stuck in a field not far from their home that my dad has used for years to bait deer. Trail cam footage has nothing after footage captured last week.”

Police haven’t said when the couple went missing, according to Patch.com. Capt. James Vaughn, of the Stafford police, said he didn’t believe the couple went hunting, noting that in the rural community “many people […] have shotguns readily available,” according to the Sandpaper.

Vaughn also said that even if the couple was out in the elements for a few nights, he was “hopeful” they could survive because, “[T]hey are both avid outdoors people,” he told the outlet.

When the two-day manhunt — which included more than 100 searchers, police dogs, ATVs, drones, and air support — failed to find the couple, Stafford police on Wednesday turned the search over to its detectives and the Ocean County Prosecutor’s Office.

BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
“Their quad was found stuck in a field not far from their home..."

That's curious.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Jersey Devil got them.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd look into their kids finances.
Or, their will!

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Good one deflave. I saw that show. What is weird, last we saw the guy they were supposed to murder was running off into the pine barrens with a couple of bullets in him. we never saw what happened to him.

The mysterious pine barrens.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
Good one deflave. I saw that show. What is weird, last we saw the guy they were supposed to murder was running off into the pine barrens with a couple of bullets in him. we never saw what happened to him.

The mysterious pine barrens.

Great episode.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by stevelyn
Jersey Devil got them.

Yep...

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
The Pine Barrens is a vast area, and hides it's many secrets well. I've spent a lifetime hiking, canoeing, hunting and fishing there, and because of the sameness of the terrain and lack of landmarks, it would be easy to get lost, or conceal evidence of a crime.

And then again, there is the Jersey Devil...

Last edited by JeffyD; 11/29/21.

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by deflave

You beat me to it. grin

IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by JeffyD
The Pine Barrens is a vast area, and hides it's many secrets well. I've spent a lifetime hiking, canoeing, hunting and fishing there, and because of the sameness of the terrain and lack of landmarks, it would be easy to get lost, or conceal evidence of a crime.

And then again, there is the Jersey Devil...

Yeah I'm sure it's a real mother fugker.

LOL

Get real.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Very weird to say the least. Why would they wander off where no one could find them if they were so close to their home?

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Why would they wander off where no one could find them if they were so close to their home?

Two boomers step off the pavement. Get lost. Die. Many such cases!

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Stickfight
Why would they wander off where no one could find them if they were so close to their home?

They live/lived in the sticks.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
How big, acreage wise is the Pine Barrens roughly? I went to trade school with a guy from NJ who was always talking about it like it’s some uncharted wilderness. My map shows the whole damn state of NJ being slightly larger than the county I live in, which sorta scratches the vast wilderness theory unless there’s some hellacious terrain I didn’t notice last time I passed by.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I hunt quail in the Pine Barrens, I would not want to get lost in a Pine Barren swamp!

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Stickfight

Why'd you have to bring Bristoe into this!?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by TheKid
How big, acreage wise is the Pine Barrens roughly? I went to trade school with a guy from NJ who was always talking about it like it’s some uncharted wilderness. My map shows the whole damn state of NJ being slightly larger than the county I live in, which sorta scratches the vast wilderness theory unless there’s some hellacious terrain I didn’t notice last time I passed by.

It said 1 million acres. Which sounds huge, but is roughly the same as 40 miles by 40 miles (1600 sq miles). It's large.. but if you've been out west, it's not that impressive. Could definitely get lost in 1600 square miles if you get turned around on an overcast day and head in deeper.

Last edited by Calhoun; 11/29/21.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Calhoun
Originally Posted by TheKid

It said 1 million acres. Which sounds huge, but is roughly the same as 40 miles by 40 miles (1600 sq miles). It's large.. but if you've been out west, it's not that impressive. Could definitely get lost in 1600 square miles if you get turned around on an overcast day and head in deeper.

I've never hunted true flatland. But I bet it would bve easy to get twisted up.

Twice if been completely lost.
Bo th times it involved a dome shaped ridge/mountaintop. I didn't realize
I wasn't going straight, and went around the dam circle. I'd guess that very
few of the people that get hopelessly lost and die or need rescuing , use
anywhere near 1600 square miles doing it. Bet most pull it off in 160. Unless
they can see help outside that area.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
We know it was wet. Not a good time to go hiking...

I believe if I were looking for them, I'd go out with an airhorn and let them find me.

Probably stumbled onto someones marijuana crop. SSS

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
658 members (1234, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 222ND, 160user, 73 invisible), 2,961 guests, and 1,381 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,658
Posts18,399,290
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.