Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Missed any FedEx packages lately?

[Linked Image from al.com]

FedEx says driver who dumped packages in ravine no longer working there; sheriff still investigating
Updated: Nov. 29, 2021, 4:10 p.m. | Published: Nov. 29, 2021, 11:13 a.m.
By Carol Robinson | crobinsonal.com
Authorities could be closer to finding out why hundreds of FedEx packages were dumped in a Blount County ravine.

Sheriff Mark Moon on Monday said the driver has been identified and questioned. He did not elaborate.

In a statement to AL.com, FedEx officials said in addition to cooperating with law enforcement, “we have reviewed this situation and can confirm the individual involved is no longer providing service on behalf of FedEx Ground.”

“The security of our customers’ shipments is a top priority and we are committed to treating our customers’ packages with the utmost care,’' the statement read.

“We regret the inconvenience this situation has caused and appreciate our customers’ understanding throughout the package recovery process. Where possible, recovered packages are being delivered to the intended recipients. In the event of a damaged shipment, we will make every effort to work with the affected shippers to reach a resolution.”

The discovery was made Wednesday when an estimated 300 to 400 packages of various sizes were found in the ditch off River Oak Trail on private property near Hayden.

Blount County sheriff’s deputies were sent to guard the scene until FedEx workers could arrive to pick up the packages, Sheriff Mark Moon said. FedEx sent multiple trucks and drivers from across the South to load up the packages, Moon said.

Moon said it appeared the packages had been at the scene within the last 24 hours, but it was not immediately clear why they were there.

Natasha Abney told WBMA-TV that her neighbor found the boxes on his property.

“I mean it was just a river of boxes,” Abney said. “Some busted open, some not.”

Efforts to reach FedEx officials Monday weren’t immediately available but the company on Friday said in a statement “The security of our customers’ shipments is a top priority, and we are committed to treating our customers’ packages with the utmost care.”

“We are taking steps to recover and transport the affected packages as quickly as possible,” the company said. “In addition to cooperating with law enforcement, we are conducting a review of this situation and will take the appropriate action.”

Moon on Monday posted this on Facebook: “There have been many questions coming in, mainly from media, regarding the FedEx debacle. Investigators have been speaking to FedEx security personnel and the driver has been identified and questioned. More to come, please be patient as we are currently getting into all the details. All the information that we can share will be shared when we can share it.”

Customers with questions about their shipments can track their packages by visiting their site.

From al.com

=====================
Boots were made for walking
Winds were blowing change
Boys fall in the jungle
As I Came of Age

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Alice's restaurant

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Clarkm
Alice's restaurant

LOL... good one.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
FEDEX has got to be the absolute worst. Between my family and myself, we literally get about a dozen packages/week, all sources, UPS, FEDEX, Amazon, etc. FEDEX runs about 50% on time whereas UPS in comparison is practically 100%.
But that's not the worst of it. Their website is about as useless as tits on a boar hog. On more than one occasion , their website said "you package is scheduled for delivery Monday" um yet today is Tuesday. Other times it's said "out for delivery", then night falls and nothing.
Next day the package is still in Bumfuck Egypt. Call them on the phone and you get some Zipperhead from across the globe with no clue

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
chances are the groid driver got tired of delivering them..

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'd love to know what the tracking numbers revealed as the status...

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

"out for delivery"

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
"Providing service on behalf of FedEx Ground"

Well, at least they have a sense of humor.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
There’s my box from Chewy in there!!!

Groid bastid

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Alice's restaurant

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Wonder if it will be a typical case of "American Blind Justice"?

You can get anything you want...............

ya!

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 11/30/21.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
IC B3

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Package handled roughly and seal breaks ,
Driver ; hot dam that smells good !
Fuggit! I’ll open every dam one of them , that shiet be the cronic!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

"out for delivery"

"Delivered" laugh

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by geedubya
Alice's restaurant

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Wonder if it will be a typical case of "American Blind Justice"?

You can get anything you want...............

ya!

GWB

"Excepting Alice..." laugh

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I’ve seen the FedEx driver pull up close enough to my neighbors porch and throw the packages out the window. But then again she is so fat just watching her get in/out of the van is pretty painful. If she ever fell the FD would have to get a boom truck or a hydraulic lift to get her up off the ground. I saw her one day at the only convenience store in our town get out waddle inside and then come out with a soda and honey bun. Took her 5 minutes to get back into the truck.

Life (and forums) is like a box of animal crackers----There's a Jackass in every box
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by slumlord
There’s my box from Chewy in there!!!

Groid bastid

Working at Chewy is absolutely one of the schiettest jobs in the United States. If I had to name a workplace the most likely to have a mass shooting, it would be Chewy.

I worked there for a month to just get paid while getting back in shape after sitting around most of the winter and it was a complete schiett show. You had might as well be sending your money to the ACLU.

I felt sorry for some of the poor bastards that was working there having to put up with the q u e e r s bs and the management, which was sometimes the same.

I'm here to increase my social credit score and rub elbows with some of the highest rollers on the internet.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Threw them all away. Only one explanation. A driver too lazy to steal. What’s the world coming too?!

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by shootem
A driver too lazy to steal. What’s the world coming too?!

Hahah smile Happy Birthday, shootem.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
That driver wanted to start a family- - - - -so he took out a personal ad looking for a pregnant woman!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

185 members (19rabbit52, 10gaugemag, 30Gibbs, 345dl, 1_deuce, 264mag, 28 invisible), 2,681 guests, and 1,011 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,278
Posts18,467,637
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.