Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
IMHO, he needs to keep his mouth shut.

I'm certainly glad he was acquitted, which was right and proper and is an indicator that Americans can still receive a fair trial in this day and age of budding totalitarianism, but his politics are suspect.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Go get some real bullets while ..he's at it .... ball ammo ... hummpf!,

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Politics, no politics, unless you're the one that took those lives, your opinion is just that, an opinion. Who are we to judge that young man. Ive been placed in positions where I have had to take lives on and off duty. Each and every time was different and the circumstances were different. Some I was able to move on from and one haunts me every day as it was a car wreck that took 3 lives. They blew through a stop sign and absolutely no way I could have prevented it. It still haunts me. Seeing the anguish on that boys face during the trial, he relives those moments everytime he closes his eyes. I am sure he wants to fade into the background and try and move on with his life, but feels like he has to try and explain everything. Like many have said, we are trying to turn this kid into the face of the new revolution. Let the boy breathe. Just my two cents.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
I don’t blame him. I bet he wishes it never happened, I bet he views it all as a nightmare that he would do differently could he go back in time. If I were him I wouldn’t want to keep the symbol of that nightmare, especially if I was 17 or 18 with my future before me. I wouldn’t want to give the enemy more “ammunition” to use against me ie.making the firearm a talking point. I’d go buy different ones (AR’s) using that experience to inform my choices though. 😉

He was a kid at a time in young men’s lives that could be considered their formative years (15-17) and this is the only experience he’s had in a year and a half. If getting rid of the rifle that he used to take life helps him to move on then that’s what he should do.

He was a 17 year old child during this event. Not a badass operator like so many here.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by High_Noon

I'm certainly glad he was acquitted, which was right and proper and is an indicator that Americans can still receive a fair trial in this day and age of budding totalitarianism, but his politics are suspect.

I tend to agree.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The kid showed a ton of composure under an unbelievable amount of stress, when he held off smok’n Gaige Grossektze when he first approached Kyle with his Glock out.

Kyle pulled his muzzle off Grossektze once he did the famous “Oh, shît movement”. Then Kyle whipped the muzzle right back on him when the wanna be a Antifa POS thought he could sneak a shot off at Kyle.

Bye, bye bicep

LMAO

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
2 tick marks and an "arm" on the buttstock.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Tarquin
I don’t blame him. I bet he wishes it never happened, I bet he views it all as a nightmare that he would do differently could he go back in time. If I were him I wouldn’t want to keep the symbol of that nightmare, especially if I was 17 or 18 with my future before me. I wouldn’t want to give the enemy more “ammunition” to use against me ie.making the firearm a talking point. I’d go buy different ones (AR’s) using that experience to inform my choices though. 😉

He was a kid at a time in young men’s lives that could be considered their formative years (15-17) and this is the only experience he’s had in a year and a half. If getting rid of the rifle that he used to take life helps him to move on then that’s what he should do.

This^^^^. Hardly surprising. Nothing wrong with wanting to disassociate himself with a terrible ordeal and it does not make him anti-gun in any way, shape or form.

These miserable old f_ucks don't give a damn about Kyle, his life or his future.
They want a vigilante poster boy.

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by High_Noon

Nothing to gain, and maybe a lot to lose. Best advice yet. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by EdM
Likely listening to his lawyers...

Yep, he is on track

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Tarkio
Don't blame him.

He is a KID.

I think many including myself tend to forget this.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I feel bad for him. He's been through more than anyone should have to go through and none of it was his fault. It wasn't the gun's fault either. He has a lot of sorting out to do. Still it all comes back to the fact; he did nothing to deserve the assault he was forced to defend himself from. Those men meant to do him great bodily harm if not kill him and he had every right to defend himself.
You cannot go back and undo what's been done but you can try to live with the fact that you did everything in your power to protect yourself and others when the time came. Unfortunately it's probably going to take a government that is willing to actually protect it's citizens instead of allowing them to go suffer the mayhem that anarchist Marxist groups dish out before things get better.

Where are the good citizens when the Mob's come to destroy their property and kill and maim them? Why isn't there a majority of citizens standing in front of the Governor and Mayor's face demanding them to do their duty? Trouble is; we get the government we vote for or in the case of the last election; the government we are given through Criminal Activity. That's another story that hasn't come close to being resolved yet. Where Is America?

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Originally Posted by atvalaska
Go get some real bullets while ..he's at it .... ball ammo ... hummpf!,

2 for 2 ain’t bad.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
He probably wants it destroyed because he had to use the forward assist,… unreliable….deadly consequences.

He needs the A-Team special.😆

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Tarkio

But another perspective is, this simply makes him more vulnerable looking when the civil suits start rolling.

I would use the word Empathetic (instead of vulnerable), but yepp... a smart move for his larger future financial prospects.

I can also see him "donating" large chunks of "CNN's Financial Ass" back to HIS "LEO and EMT" community.

Juries would eat that stuff up like bacon cheese fries and Buffalo wings.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Destroying / discarding a weapon used to kill by a lead 'hero' character as a symbolic move is really not at all uncommon in scripted movies.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

^^^

100% agree. has to be incredibly traumatic.

First teach a child to love God, second teach him to love family, third teach him to fish and hunt and by the time he is in his teens no dope dealer under the sun can teach him anything. Cotton Cordell
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
While I think Kyle should fly beneath the radar, I suspect this was a strategic move suggested by an advisor.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
tsk

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The young guy is obviously in a lot of pain from this. If he wants to get rid of it as part of his healing process, how can we argue against it. Besides, there's no shortage of them.

It takes a village to raise an idiot.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
655 members (10gaugemag, 257Bob, 12344mag, 1234, 06hunter59, 257man, 73 invisible), 2,921 guests, and 1,313 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,667
Posts18,399,373
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.