Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Rangersedge
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by mirage243
I see there aren't many business owners here, even though everyone thinks they're so smart. Amex makes their money from the businesses that accept them. Ask me how I know. I finally started adding 3.5% to any bill paid with a C/C. Don't like it? Write me a check or hand me cash. My C/C fees used to run me 3-4k a month, now they are zero.

I watched a guy in front of me last year pay his property taxes with a credit card. He paid like an extra $1300. Which, that’s just the way it is. They county isn’t going to just eat the fees.

I thought dayum baller...you should write a check. Guess he didnt have the money

That must have been a pretty big property tax bill.

Realtor fat cat, had a stack of stubs

Not sure what’s worse someone with a lot to do or some whiny roast chicken lookin old people trying to file a claim for disability relief on their $88 they owe for their $28,000 rat hole

I swore next time I’d pay early and mail it in. 👍

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
We just paid property tax on the ' rez shelter'.

Mailed it in cuzzin'.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
The savings on George Strait tickets alone make it a bargain.

$$$ TRUMP AT THE PUMP 2024 $$$
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I like the idea of that medical jet

In case a jellyfish sting my nuts in Virgin Islands

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
My old man had to take the med jet from here to Billings when he had a heart attack.

It was over $10k and this was 15 years ago?

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
I assume- and am right- that most people do carry a balance and most people do pay interest on cards. If they didn't there would be no credit card industry.

I am not going to keep arguing about dumb schit that you guys think is getting you street cred. Do what you want.

"assume" will get you in trouble a lot. AMEX does have other cards that allow you to carry a balance and you are correct, the interest is pretty outrageous. But the facts are just about everyone that carries a platinum (or in reality all AMEX cards), it is not used as a CC (BTW, AMEX charges more to vendors than either Visa or MC), Lots of folks here including myself have described some of the benefits that are part of the AMEX platinum card, but I will leave you with these two anecdotes:

A good friend of mine and his son were hunting Cape Buffalo in Zim a few years ago, when the unthinkable happened, kid made a poor shot, the buff charged, blew riight by the PH and dead on it's feet slammed into the kid, breaking multiple ribs, collapsed lung and internal bleeding. So what happened? one call on Sat Phone to AMEX and MEDJET was there, hauled him off to Johannesburg, got him stabilized then back to the US , all via air ambulance. The cost? zero.

My Father in Law almost died a couple of years ago (do a search here and you can read the details) from a tick bite up at our place in PA. He spent over a month at the Penn State Medical Center , but we eventually had to send him home to Pensacola to a rehab center. The bill for an air ambulance was about 15K and who paid for it? his AMEX Platinum did.

Lastly, in the forty years me and my wife had one (and for many years my three kids), balance carried was zero. So there's a lesson there about assuming...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I notice more and more businesses are charging 3.3 when using a card.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by slumlord
I like the idea of that medical jet

In case a jellyfish sting my nuts in Virgin Islands

I got hit by a Portuguese man o' war in the Carib once...

Holy hell... I'd take a barbed wire whipping over that happening again.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

O
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by SamOlson
My old man had to take the med jet from here to Billings when he had a heart attack.

It was over $10k and this was 15 years ago?

A fellow who hunts with me here needed one from northern MN to Mpls. Just over 30k. Recently.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by cfran
Or he’s too stupid and just addicted to the points. Many can’t see the forest through the trees and pay more to use their card. But you could be right, he doesn’t have the cash. Lots of stupidity out there.

I'll use cash if I have to, but I'd much rather use the American Airlines platinum card every chance I get. I'm an air miles hound, sitting on 360K air miles and zero plans to go anywhere right now because of the hypocrisy with the airports and airlines.

But No, I wouldn't pay 3% or whatever else someone wants to charge to use it. I'd just give them the cash.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B3

Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

629 members (1234, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 74 invisible), 2,648 guests, and 1,260 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,667
Posts18,455,887
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.