-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Not quite as big, but still live and too close to the house, it and the maple above it in the second picture.

Wife was sure I was going to put them on the house, arborist wanted $3K to drop them, nah...
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
GB1

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
It's a bytch and time consuming sawing up something big with a saw with a blade not long enough for the job.
But sometimes ya just gotta get schitt done with what you have on hand.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Interesting butt.
You fell a lot of trees?

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by worriedman
Not quite as big, but still live and too close to the house, it and the maple above it in the second picture.

Wife was sure I was going to put them on the house, arborist wanted $3K to drop them, nah...

You must live in a city

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by PintsofCraft
I’d be pi**sed! Useless now for burning or wood work not to mention the waste of gas & saw chain

Sorry Sir... but all the firewood has been claimed already...

But if you would like... please stop by and you can pick out another tree if you need firewood or lumber. Free, no charge.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by LongSpurHunter

You must live in a city

Not hardly!

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L

You must live in a city

Not hardly!

Assuming at those fees.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
We don't even know what an arborist is around here.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Schtick could have come down and helped you out with that....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by CashisKing
The mighty old oak was dead standing and had to come down...

You have heard of sliced bread?

Meet my sliced oak tree.

5' diameter at the base.

[Linked Image from ]

Told ya...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

20" chainsaw bar and 5' tree diameter equals an "F" in math class.

In my own defense, I own a 28" bar... BUT OF COURSE it is at the other fugging house.

Big schtick.....is that you?

IC B3

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Interesting butt.
You fell a lot of trees?

This was supposed to be about my stupidity jacking around with a 20" bar.

WorriedMan... I think they are saying you might want to watch a youtube on a hinge cut... Regardless, nice fell... tree is down and safe... Congrats!

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by SCgman1

Big schtick.....is that you?

What a silly question... do you see any purple and yellow electrical tape anywhere?

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Recreational logging.

This be my climbin' saw. Makes tree look small . 4'+ at butt.

Attached Images
IMG_2190 (1).jpg (67.4 KB, 199 downloads)
IMG_2702.jpg (63.63 KB, 201 downloads)
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

You must live in a city

Not hardly!

Assuming at those fees.

That was to drop them, haul them off and clean up. The local Asphalt Company bought out all the tree service guys in Madison County so you have one insured group to go to. I rented a chipper and set it on a ditch I own, dropped the trees and hauled the limbs to it. I had a bud that wanted the wood for his shop stove so I cut it in 6' lengths and loaded it on his trailer with my tractor. and saved a lot of money. I did it right before my second knee surgery n July and was elk hunting in November. I am a cheap skate...

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by cuznguido
Among many other valuable lessons I have learned here on the fire, one that is right at the top of the list of useless information, is just how full of yourself you are Cashisking. Your skin must be stretched as tight as Pelosi's.

I'll pretend to care if that makes you feel better... OK?

BTW... it's lighthearted chit moron... only an true idiot tries to cut up a 5' tree with a 20" chainsaw...

Serious question... you from Oregon?

Dude, I’m from Oregon.

We’re not all ássholes.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

WorriedMan... I think they are saying you might want to watch a youtube on a hinge cut... Regardless, nice fell... tree is down and safe... Congrats!
re-look at the second photo, Oak was leanded the wrong way so I made the bite long in with 80% of the diameter, then the first back cut was to get wedges set then I plunge cut it back into the bole, used wedges to throw it where it needed to go.

Grand Pa was a logger, I am scared to death of trees, especially with those limbs low to make it kick back. I spent a week looking before I stuck a saw in it and had a rope on it at 30' up with a winch to boot. Notice where it landed. Hinge was 2.5 inches to start with the plunge cut, then as I got pressure on the wedges, I angled it to make it go away from the two biggest lower limbs on the final cut, the thick side of the hinges was still 2.5".

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
‘Rounds’ 5” thin will spilt very easily with a maul

They might even break apart with a sledge hammer. Red oak splits good. (Cept for wyes, notches and crotches)

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
At least you got it cut into disks. I always seem to cut big trees into candy canes!!!!

Government is like a baby: An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other. - Ronald Reagan

For why should my freedom be judged by another man's conscience? - 1 Corinthians 10:29
673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I bet that Oak is worth a good $$$$...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Interesting butt.
You fell a lot of trees?

Actually I do, and have. Sold firewood to put myself through school. Started a s a kid limbing and leading teams to the wagon.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

611 members (160user, 12344mag, 007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 02bfishn, 61 invisible), 2,950 guests, and 1,235 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,347
Posts18,468,794
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.