Print Thread
Hop To
E
eyeguy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
E
My wife and I and our 2 boys [college age] and their girl friends are planning a trip near new years. We are thinking alabama or louisiana but would be open to florida or texas as well. We hope to hire a charter and have a good day of fishing and find a place to cook our catch for us. We did that just with the boys in the keys about 5 years ago and enjoyed that. Catching some fish is priority dont care how big or what type so long as we can get some good eating fish during the outings. Probably will be just us boys fishing and we are experienced with both spinning and baitcasting equipment.. For that time of year what species and location would make for a good chance of getting into some fish? Thanks, Dean

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Journey South out of Venice, LA

E
eyeguy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
E
Ok, Thanks for the info. My research so far has led me to port aransas tx. Not sure its the best but think it offers some of what we are looking for. Any outfitter recc in this area?

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I fished with the Scatcat and Warfcat (sister boats) out of port A this summer. They got us in snapper and everyone limited out quick. We went after sharks, but only hooked two. It’s a typical party boat experience but we had fun and caught fish. I would do it again. This was offshore fishing on a 6 hour trip. I took my own bay boat for fishing around the channel for redfish and sea trout, so I have no idea who to use there.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by eyeguy
Ok, Thanks for the info. My research so far has led me to port aransas tx. Not sure its the best but think it offers some of what we are looking for. Any outfitter recc in this area?

Can't go wrong with Port A, I fish out of there often, we put the boat in there when we fish baker, and those areas offshore, go out of packery when we fish farther south.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by WL205
Journey South out of Venice, LA

I’d looked into a trip with Capt Bougeois ( i fugged that up) south of NOLA this fall.

Hurricane hit, so no use.

He runs an all inclusive camp fishing trip.

He said when go thru the gates you don’t worry ‘bout chit.

They cook. Guide. Clean.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

E
eyeguy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
E
Thanks for the info.I have been away from this post for about a week. Sounds like they might be opening up the state waters to red snapper in january. One guy I talked to thought it might be the middle to end of the month other guy thought the first of the month it would open. Would be nice to get on some winter red snappper! Anyone know of a guide for state waters small operation is fine.
The scatcat and warfcat are only federal water boats. Might try one of them for a day though.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

288 members (10gaugemag, 280shooter, 204guy, 338reddog, 1_deuce, 264mag, 43 invisible), 2,088 guests, and 1,201 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,151
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.