Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Closing the circle to aggregate power and control.

link to story

By Jack Phillips December 2, 2021

FacebookTweetEmail
4040 Shares
1101 Comments
Exiting Chancellor Angela Merkel announced on Dec. 2 that Germany will lock down unvaccinated people as top officials also signaled that they would back plans for mandatory vaccinations in the coming months.

Merkel said individuals who aren’t vaccinated for COVID-19 will be excluded from nonessential stores and cultural and recreational venues. The Bundestag, Germany’s Parliament, also will consider a general vaccination mandate.

“The situation is our country is serious,” she told reporters, claiming that the new measures are an “act of national solidarity.”

Other new requirements include masks being required in schools, Merkel added. Vaccinated people will lose their vaccination status nine months after receiving their last dose of a vaccine.

“We have understood that the situation is very serious and that we want to take further measures in addition to those already taken,” Merkel, who was slated to leave office on Dec. 2, told reporters. “The fourth wave must be broken and this has not yet been achieved.”

Protest against COVID-19 restrictions in Berlin
Members of the police stand guard as people protest against the government measures to curb the spread of COVID-19, as the lower house of the Bundestag discusses additions for the Infection Protection Act, in Berlin on April 21, 2021. (Christian Mang/Reuters)
In her address, Merkel said the mandatory vaccination measure would take effect in February 2022 and said she would vote in favor of the rule if she were still in the Bundestag.

MOST READ
Germany Announces National Lockdown for Unvaccinated
Dying COVID-19 Patient Recovers After Court Orders Hospital to Administer Ivermectin
Numerous studies have shown that fully vaccinated people still have the ability to transmit and contract COVID-19, although some health officials have said that vaccines can protect better against severe symptoms, hospitalization, and death. On Dec. 2, the Minnesota Department of Health confirmed that the second U.S. case of the Omicron COVID-19 variant was a fully vaccinated male.

Critics of vaccine passport systems, which have drawn weekly protests across Europe, have said they unjustly create a two-tiered society of vaccinated and unvaccinated people. Concerns have been raised about whether vaccine passports could be expanded to become a “social credit” system and whether the mass collection of vaccination data could breach individual privacy rights.

In recent weeks, Austria and Greece have announced that vaccinations will be mandatory for everyone aged 60 and older. Those who refuse to get vaccinated will face fines for each passing month, the Greek government stated earlier this week.

RELATED
UK Regulator Approves 2nd COVID-19 Antibody Treatment
UK Regulator Approves 2nd COVID-19 Antibody Treatment
However, such rules may be extended to other EU countries, said European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen on Dec. 1.

“Two or three years ago, I would never have thought to witness what we see right now, that we have this … pandemic. We have the vaccines, the life-saving vaccines, but they are not being used adequately everywhere,” von der Leyen said, stating that EU authorities have to “potentially think about mandatory vaccination.”

According to Germany’s health agency, about 68.7 percent of the country’s population is fully vaccinated.

Last week, the United States issued a travel advisory for Germany due to the increasing number of COVID-19 cases in the country. The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention now considers Germany as a “Level Four: Very High” travel risk, and it called on Americans to avoid traveling there.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
BP-B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
When they starting the camps again

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Exiting Chancellor Angela Merkel announced on Dec. 2 that Germany will lock down unvaccinated people as top officials also signaled that they would back plans for mandatory vaccinations in the coming months.

Merkel said individuals who aren’t vaccinated for COVID-19 will be excluded from nonessential stores and cultural and recreational venues. The Bundestag, Germany’s Parliament, also will consider a general vaccination mandate.

"Achtung untermenschen..." - history repeats itself in Germany

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Proly nicer amenities this go around

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by blanket

Soon, very soon.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
IC B2

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Reads like what we got here in Canada LOL.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by blanket

Imported Muslims and Africoons will be exempt from it all. Bet on it.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Interesting...but I see no one is mentioning how one of your California locales is enforcing mandatory mask wearing in the citizens own home.

Look hard enough and there are issues everywhere, and plenty to point the finger.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Getting way beyond overstepping authority.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
As it should be!

You vill get ze shot, or be shot!!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by JSTUART

Interesting...but I see no one is mentioning how one of your California locales is enforcing mandatory mask wearing in the citizens own home.

Look hard enough and there are issues everywhere, and plenty to point the finger.

California is not the rest of the USA

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I had this discussion earlier tonight with a local liberal… the vaccines only (supposedly) work to help mitigate the “severe” effects of the virus…we all know, or should know, that’s not always the case… even if the vaccines work at mitigating severe symptoms, they do nothing to keep you from infecting others if you become infected…an argument can be made that mitigating the symptoms might actually be responsible for faster spread of the disease because the infected might not feel ill enough to get tested or quarantine themselves… the bottom line for me is that everybody alive will eventually catch the virus, because it’s here to stay…… get over it…

E
ERK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Ive been telling everybody for months that the vexed would be the worst spreaders because of less symptoms. With every new variant that comes up they will spread that also. Edk

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
I had this discussion earlier tonight with a local liberal… the vaccines only (supposedly) work to help mitigate the “severe” effects of the virus…we all know, or should know, that’s not always the case… even if the vaccines work at mitigating severe symptoms, they do nothing to keep you from infecting others if you become infected…an argument can be made that mitigating the symptoms might actually be responsible for faster spread of the disease because the infected might not feel ill enough to get tested or quarantine themselves… the bottom line for me is that everybody alive will eventually catch the virus, because it’s here to stay…… get over it…

Yep it is not if but when, 2 years and still [bleep] with lives and the market

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

I am now vaxed and would suggest that there is more likely-hood of milder symptoms allowing those who are vaxed to be out and about to pass the damned virus on.
Those who are unvaxed have more to fear from the vaxed than the other way round.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Arbeit macht frei

C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C

What locale is enforcing that?

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've had the shots, but mandates in my book are a real case of government overreach. I'll verbally admit to the shots, but I'm not going to show papers to anyone.

Last edited by 1minute; 12/02/21.

1Minute
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B

I am now vaxed and would suggest that there is more likely-hood of milder symptoms allowing those who are vaxed to be out and about to pass the damned virus on.
Those who are unvaxed have more to fear from the vaxed than the other way round.

Yep you are vaxed, you can spread more prolific than ever before. You also have the ability for mutations of the civic virus to mutate and you to spread

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Certifiable

What locale is enforcing that?

There is a recent thread on it in the campfire, it didn't get much notice as most were too busy bitching about Australia instead of looking to their own back yard.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
790 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 160user, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 87 invisible), 3,152 guests, and 1,276 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,708
Posts18,400,128
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.