Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 15 1 2 3 4 14 15
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by pullit
First off, I hope to go to my grave a fat, old, and happy man, having to never use a weapon in self defense of myself or a loved one.

Having said that, I do have a policy with U.S. Law Shield in case the above does not happen.
I have taken a few classes in the last several months about what the laws in TN are.

One thing I took from one of the classes (taught by a Pro 2nd amendment lawyer) was "If you can avoid a shooting, you should". I took that to heart.

And the prosecution will twist that into you are a trained killer with the intent to kill.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
this idea that rioters cannot be shot for burning and looting is certainly a media narrative.

This "riots are the voice of the unheard" horseshit is justification in their eyes to become anarchists

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by STRSWilson
First off, I hope to go to my grave a fat, old, and happy man, having to never use a weapon in self defense of myself or a loved one.

Having said that, I do have a policy with U.S. Law Shield in case the above does not happen.
I have taken a few classes in the last several months about what the laws in TN are.

One thing I took from one of the classes (taught by a Pro 2nd amendment lawyer) was "If you can avoid a shooting, you should". I took that to heart.

And the prosecution will twist that into you are a trained killer with the intent to kill.

They may try, but it's pretty easily defensible.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by KFWA
this idea that rioters cannot be shot for burning and looting is certainly a media narrative.

This "riots are the voice of the unheard" horseshit is justification in their eyes to become anarchists

OF COURSE rioters can be shot... just do it quietly and from a few hundred yards.

This ain't rocket science fellas.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
I see the U.S. Law Shield policy no different than car insurance or home owners insurance. I have both and hope I never have to use it. I think it is only a responsible thing to consider if you carry. IF you were involved in a shooting, you stand to loose everything you and your wife have ever worked for, much like being involved in a auto wreck without insurance.

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Get a Lane...

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

Tell that to the McMichael's.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CashisKing

OF COURSE rioters can be shot... just do it quietly and from a few hundred yards.

I've read stories of Israelis shooting calves and knees of rioters to take them out. They consider that humane. That would just get lawyers rich here

Last edited by KFWA; 12/03/21.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Their actions, when examined in the light of GA law, is what spelled doom for them. When their actions rose to the level of felony false imprisonment, under GA law, they forfeited their right to self defense. That's another part of the reason I implore people to read their self defense laws.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Hopefully you never have to use deadly force either. You have started thread topics on a right wing site discussing it in detail. That will definitely be used against you.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
IC B3

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
The prospect of a civil trial in our (liberal) state scares me almost worse than having to use a gun in self-defense.
Our juries tend to be lead by emotion and not facts.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

I've read stories of Israelis shooting calves and knees of rioters to take them out. They consider that humane. That would just get lawyers rich here

I'm familiar with the tactic, but from a better source closer to the issue, they are Mossad, and clandestinely gut shoot the dangerous ones with suppressed .22lr.

That gets the others to thinking they may not want a dose of that...

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Specifically about using deadly force in self-defense.

It is staggering how few gun owners and carriers have read their state's self defense laws. Let me lay down a few bullet points on self defense.

1. Read your state's laws and know their specific language.

2. Know that the specific language was chosen purposefully.

3. The words feel, felt, and feelings don't appear in any state's law that I know of. The word fear appears in very few. Reasonable belief and reasonably believe appear in all of them that I have read. There's an important reason for that.

4. If you ever use deadly force in self defense it is going to suck in countless ways. You really do want to avoid it as much as you can. It can be expensive.

5. When you use deadly force, you need to know that your definition of reasonable no longer matters. Law enforcement and jurors get to decide what is reasonable from that point forward.

6. Your social media postings WILL become known. Lot's of keyboard bravado here and elsewhere on the worldwide web. If your day comes, you'll get to explain to the court how it was harmless, idle chest thumping all 207 times you did it on the net, and not an indication of your true mindset.

7. Using deadly force is not a casual undertaking.

Post up your state's self-defense laws if you wish. Louisiana's are worded somewhat oddly.

8. Who has prosecutorial jurisdiction? (In other words, do you live in a conservative/constitutional area, or a liberal schidthole that has a Soros DA? )

9. What color are you? What color is the person/persons you had to use deadly force against? Beyond that, if you are the same color, were the ones shot or dead a card carrying member of BLM or Antifa, or otherwise liberal...?

Absolute #1 rule in Texas if you have to shoot some one. Tell 911 nothing more than there has been a shooting at XXXX address then hang up. #2 Call your lawyer. The YouTube video Cashisking posted is required watching by all gun owners.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Most, if not all of here are, "White Supremacists". by the daffyinasion of the left.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Their actions, when examined in the light of GA law, is what spelled doom for them. When their actions rose to the level of felony false imprisonment, under GA law, they forfeited their right to self defense. That's another part of the reason I implore people to read their self defense laws.

As I said, you pull the trigger, you cannot depend on the law for defense any longer. If the events of the McMichael's shooting had occurred 20 years ago, it would never have seen the light of day in court and it is not because we are a now a more enlightened society either. Activist DA's, AG's, and judges changed all that. Whites with a gun are now the terrorists and criminals.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

I'm familiar with the tactic, but from a better source closer to the issue, they are Mossad, and clandestinely gut shoot the dangerous ones with suppressed .22lr.

That gets the others to thinking they may not want a dose of that...

If I were the one calling the shots, I would invest heavily in getting the National Guard up to speed on riot control, and take the decision to use them out of the hands of governors and into the hands of police chiefs (with some caveats)

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
I learned after I turned 18 that its generally better to walk away from a conflict than engage in it. It's never worth the risk and subsequent legal problems so if you can avoid a fight its usually better to do so. Unfortunately there are some things that must be dealt with to keep innocent people from being hurt. The legal system is letting a lot of violent and dangerous people out. People are finding themselves in more frequent situations where they have to defend themselves.

A few years back I got my elk with a bow right at the first of the season so after that day I went several more days just to call and help a friend get his. I carried my 45-70 guide gun loaded with 350g Hornady flat nose bullets loaded to about 2100 fps because there were lots of grizzlies where we were hunting. I talked with a state game warden one day while out and he asked what the gun was for. I said bear defense and he recommended I leave it home and carry bear spray instead. He said if you shoot a griz even in obvious self defense the feds are going to fly in in helicopters, make a huge event out of it and ruin your life and bankrupt you in court because grizzlies are federally protected. This was during the Obama regime about 2014.

It seems like today criminals are federally protected like grizzlies are. Even if you have to defend yourself to obviously save your life or another the feds are coming and they're going to do all they can to ruin you. Especially if it was your bad luck to have to defend yourself against a highly protected class.

I don't really bow hunt much in high grizzly areas and I don't shop in downtown Portland anymore. Not so much from fear of not being able to protect myself but more from fear of what would happen to me if I did protect myself.

Bb

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger

As I said, you pull the trigger, you cannot depend on the law for defense any longer. If the events of the McMichael's shooting had occurred 20 years ago, it would never have seen the light of day in court and it is not because we are a now a more enlightened society either. Activist DA's, AG's, and judges changed all that. Whites with a gun are now the terrorists and criminals.

You do not appear to understand GA self defense law.

This seems crystal clear to me.

(b) A person is not justified in using force under the circumstances specified in subsection (a) of this Code section if he:

(2) Is attempting to commit, committing, or fleeing after the commission or attempted commission of a felony;

The McMichaels were committing the felony act of false imprisonment when they used deadly force. The law clearly establishes that they cannot do that. Is that not clear to you under the language of the law?

You cannot depend upon the law protecting you when you operate outside of the constraints of the law.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
And you have bought into the BS narrative the prosecution presented. Attempting a Citizens Arrest is not false imprisonment. Arbery had two choices: 1. Comply and wait for the police or 2. Attack those who were attempting a citizens arrest. He choose poorly.

And as I said, 20 years ago this wouldn't have made the news. There are thousands of similar cases that never were prosecuted. We live in different times.

I have no sympathy whatsoever for Arbery - https://legalinsurrection.com/2021/...facts-the-jury-will-probably-never-hear/

Last edited by STRSWilson; 12/03/21.

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
And you have bought into the BS narrative the prosecution presented. Attempting a Citizens Arrest is not false imprisonment. Arbery had two choices: 1. Comply and wait for the police or 2. Attack those who were attempting a citizens arrest. He choose poorly.

And as I said, 20 years ago this wouldn't have made the news. There are thousands of similar cases that never were prosecuted. We live in different times.

I have no sympathy whatsoever for Arbery - https://legalinsurrection.com/2021/...facts-the-jury-will-probably-never-hear/

If nothing else, you help make my point that after you pull the trigger, the "reasonable" standard no longer belongs to you.

Page 2 of 15 1 2 3 4 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

694 members (10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 1234, 71 invisible), 3,529 guests, and 1,199 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,271
Posts18,467,379
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.