-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Received this in the email just a while ago. Note the stark difference between how GOA operates in contrast to the tactics used by a formerly effective "gun rights organization" which ultimately furthered corruption of the political system (a subject for another time...I am sure it will come up again and again):

Dear RiverRider,

Yesterday evening and this morning, we sent you two URGENT action alerts.

And you all responded marvelously.

The team here at GOA is so grateful for all of you who took action.

Your loud voice makes it known to legislators on Capitol Hill that people back at home are truly watching what they’re doing.

Yesterday our team in Washington, D.C., learned that anti-gunners in the Senate were trying to pass Universal Background Checks without a single senator voting.

So-called Universal Background Checks are only enforceable if the government has a registry to check if a gun belongs to a gun owner—so GOA kicked our grassroots activists into action right away.

GOA immediately began encouraging Senators to place “holds” on the UBC bill the anti-gunners had “hotlined.”

These holds are usually not made public, but you can always reach out to your Senator and find out if they helped defend your rights.

Blocked from their first attempt to pass gun control without a vote last night, they attempted it with another parliamentary trick again this afternoon—this time on the Senate floor.

After the Senate finished the majority of its legislative business and the Senators began to head back to their offices, anti-gun Senator Chris Murphy asked the Senate to pass H.R. 8—the Bipartisan Background Checks Act of 2021 with “Unanimous Consent.”

“I’m on the floor today to ask for Unanimous Consent from my colleagues to proceed to HR 8, the House-passed bipartisan comprehensive background check bill,” Sen. Murphy said as he took to the podium.

Since the bill had already passed the House of Representatives, if the Senate were to acquiesce to Murphy’s request, it would head straight to President Biden’s desk to be gleefully signed into law.

But GOA was prepared...

We had been working late into the night to fight this bill yesterday and had been rallying pro-gun allies to raise an objection to kill the bill all morning.

And by this morning, your collective phone calls and emails were being heard and read in U.S. Senate offices. That makes a tremendous difference.

At close to noon time (EST), we finally learned that there would be a Senator who would raise an objection to kill the anti-gun bill. That Senator was Chuck Grassley of Iowa.

Today, Senator Chuck Grassley defended your right to keep and bear arms from gun registration.

But America was one scheduling mishap away from gun registration. That is, if any pro-gun senator had failed to show up, the universal registration bill would have passed.

That’s why it’s so important that we have our ear to the ground in Washington, D.C. And why I’m so grateful for your support, which keeps us here on the frontlines!

These sneak attacks on the Bill of Rights can happen at any moment—and if gun owners aren’t paying attention, the future will be a lot less free.

So that’s why I want to thank you.

Thank you for being a GOA grassroots activist.

And thank you for taking action late last night or early this morning.

Together, our work in the last 24 hours helped stop this gun registration scheme.

United, we can do it again tomorrow.

In liberty,

Aidan Johnston
Director of Federal Affairs

P.S. Thanks again for taking action. Your help allows us to stay on the frontlines, alerting you to dangerous threats here in the nation’s capital. Thanks so much for your support.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
attaboy GOA!

First teach a child to love God, second teach him to love family, third teach him to fish and hunt and by the time he is in his teens no dope dealer under the sun can teach him anything. Cotton Cordell
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
GOA is on it!

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
NRA members need to drop their sorry a$$es and join GOA!!

There is a war on America and America is losing
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Joined tonight, sent a little extra.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mike70560
Joined tonight, sent a little extra.

Great. Glad to hear it!

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
GoA has done more than NRA with less for decades.

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Whoa... Congrats, GOA.. Glad I joined earlier this year.. I better send 'em a check today... Thanks for that post.

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I received the same email yesterday from GOA. I wonder if Grassley makes it a habit of waiting on site until the senate floor is cleared after a days work to make sure no attempts are made to sneak bills in like hr8 was.

Good job GOA

GOA
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Billy_Goat
attaboy GOA!

Yep.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just sent Grassley a thank-you, for a job well done.

He's not from my state, but he needs to know that we all appreciate his effort.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Thanks for posting Andrew....

I don't always have the time to keep going thru email daily... so I'd have never known about this until after the fact..

in fact, all I know now is all AFTER the fact.

but due to your post, thank God I know about it.

The left's lying and cheating never knows, no limits or bounds

an honest democRat is about as real as a Unicorn.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

556 members (12344mag, 1eyedmule, 1beaver_shooter, 222Sako, 222ND, 2003and2013, 66 invisible), 2,475 guests, and 1,278 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,675
Posts18,456,224
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.