Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
SW remains my favorite and closest store for outdoors stuff. I hated to think what it would become if that merger had gone through. They already have enough trouble getting inventory with the Biden Bottleneck going on. Last time I was there, the clothing section had greatly expanded, filling what had been part of the fishing and optics displays. I did pick up a Quantum casting rod and reel combo they were practically giving away, though.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I have not seen a sportsman warehouse catalog since before www commerce ~20 years ago.

Bob Hayes always had some tongue in cheek blue collar humor.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sure miss the SW store that was in Wichita for a few years. Haven't been to the Cabelas store there since Bass Pro took over

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
New SW opened here about 2 months ago, they had some great deals on with the Grand Opening.
One of the best fishing sections in the area, good clothing section, gun dept. is OK, but like other
sporting good stores their ammo inventory sucks, and you can't afford any. Example, box of 12 ga. duck loads with #4 bismuth was $49.95 ( NS), standard cheap shells like Gun Clubs are $10.50. good shells like STS are $14.50 Lucky I don't need 99% of their inventory, but the 1% I would buy I won't pay their price.

"The older I get, the better I was"
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I stop in the Cabelas in Eugene OR when I go up to Potlandia on business...

Usually a real waste of time, except to stop and use their men's room.

I do stop in less, as they have a lot less of what I need, and the last couple times I picked up a scope from them ( Cabelas house brand stuff ) at the register, they ask me if I want to buy a 2 or 3 year warranty, that is usually the cost of another scope.....but I've been smart enough to know what I am buying, and counter with why would I want to buy a 2 or 3 season warranty on a scope, that prints right on the box it comes with a life time warranty. You want to pull that rip off crap, you can keep the scope and I'll take my money elsewhere..

Ass' Ho shop can kiss my ass....

even tho I hand load, I dropped by the spot where they had what ammo they had in stock... yeah, and wanting 3 to 5 times what the normal price was before Biden, cheated their democRat asses into office.

Last time I stopped in a Ass'Ho Shop in my business travels, was down in Sacramento. People rag on old Tasco products.. they sure look a million times better than AssHo Products.. which carry Leupold level of pricing.

Merging or acquiring Sportsmans, would have essentially closed out me buying at ANY of the Big Box Sporting Good Stores...

and now Locally even Walmart has quit selling firearms, and ammo as of Last month here...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

IC B2

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
SW was much better before the infamous divorce.
I agree.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by NVhntr
You do know that BP now owns SW?

Lol…way to read the article.

Camp is where you make it.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Good News . Bad news for Johnny Morris though.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Tucker had a segment on Cabela's merger and vulture capitalism couple years back.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Tucker had a segment on Cabela's merger and vulture capitalism couple years back.

People should have been jailed for that.

There are some things that should be understood. The 11% share of Cabelas owned by the hedge fund and fund manager that is being accused of being the cause for what happened in Sidney used investors money to buy the 11% stake. The 11% stake was bought to force Cabelas into a quick sell position or an accelerated selling position. Who would want this? Who all would benefit from this? And besides, the buyer of Cabelas is the one that shutdown the Sidney operation not the hedge fund manager. Why was Cabelas firing and laying off people right before the transaction? This has been called doing someone's dirty work in other situations in order for the buyer to have less severance to payout.

IC B3

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Great news IMO.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
this is awesome!!! in the story it says bass pro also has to pay $55 million to terminate its offer. this is actually something good biden has done. the feds blocked the merger.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
We had a SW just out of Green Bay .It was my go to Sporting Good s Store.Then they shut it down along with a bunch of other stores in other states.Most mergers are either forced or because the Companies profits are not good.What you can hope for is some one to invest in them.Otherwise they will probably close down all together.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
We have a sw here and its a pretty awesome store. Just curious as i know nothing about this, why is it a bad thing for bass pro to buy them? Im asking because i reaply dont know lol

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by gunchamp
We have a sw here and its a pretty awesome store. Just curious as i know nothing about this, why is it a bad thing for bass pro to buy them? Im asking because i reaply dont know lol

Because it would mean that Johnny Morris would own the three biggest retailers of sporting goods in the US.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by gunchamp

Because they’d do the same thing to SW as they did to Cabelas. Cabelas before the buyout was a good operation with quality merchandise and good business practices. They had a good credit card setup with loyalty points and their house branded optics were good with lifetime warranties. Their hunting clothing was good quality. BPS got rid of all that, now Cabelas is just like BPS and sells Walmart level Chinese crap. Cabelas has completely lost my business now, I won’t even go into one.

That Sportsman’s Warehouse near you that’s pretty awesome would get totally revamped & filled with Chinese crap clothing and trinkets, then the prices would get jacked up 20%.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Excellent news!

μολὼν λαβέ
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think this must be old news...

BP took over SW last year

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by tedthorn
I think this must be old news...

BP took over SW last year

No, they anmounced they were going to
.. rejected by SEC.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
644 members (007FJ, 01Foreman400, 222ND, 160user, 1234, 1lessdog, 68 invisible), 2,801 guests, and 1,384 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,655
Posts18,399,237
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.