Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Video shows semi-truck dragging vehicle on I-294 with driver still inside
COOK COUNTY, Ill. — A vehicle was dragged on the Tri-State Tollway Tuesday by a semi-truck and it was caught on camera.

Video shows, obtained by WGN News, a black sedan, which is stuck sideways, being dragged on the right side of a semi-truck.

Police responded to the incident just after 11:40 a.m. near mile marker 30 on I-294.

Halfway through the video, you can see the driver wave.

Illinois State Police said no injuries were reported. Two lanes were closed for around 15 minutes as police investigated.

From WGN 9 News

=====================
Boots were made for walking
Winds were blowing change
Boys fall in the jungle
As I Came of Age

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I tip my hat to the driver for being kind enough to wave during the incident.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
trucker probably had to piss and was looking for a rest area.

My diploma is a DD214
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I’m a truck driver for a living and that’s just insane ! I’m trying to imagine how the truck driver didn’t notice ! There had to be a bump at impact and a change in how the truck drove. If the slightest new noise or vibration starts I'm instantly checking mirrors and gauges ! Of course I own my truck so catching problems quickly saves me money and time.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Phone'ing and high on speed drugs it's the life of all truck drivers often times drunk too

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
IC B2

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
I think someone watched fast and furious one to many times

You've got to hand it to a blind prostitute
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Daveinjax
I’m a truck driver for a living and that’s just insane ! I’m trying to imagine how the truck driver didn’t notice ! There had to be a bump at impact and a change in how the truck drove.

Not to mention a black car sticking out of the side of the truck in the rear view.......

A wise man is frequently humbled.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Daveinjax
I’m a truck driver for a living and that’s just insane ! I’m trying to imagine how the truck driver didn’t notice ! There had to be a bump at impact and a change in how the truck drove. If the slightest new noise or vibration starts I'm instantly checking mirrors and gauges ! Of course I own my truck so catching problems quickly saves me money and time.

Was probably bitching in a Facebook post about all of the idiot unaware drivers.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
So, who was at fault?

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
The truck driver had something to hide. For some reason he didn't want to stop. The car there had to be obvious.
Rick

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Here's an article with more details. The driver of the car is Laylisha Gardner, and the truck driver is Mohamed Yousif.

Terrified female driver, 19, desperately signals for help as her car is dragged down Chicago highway by oblivious truck driver after it got trapped when she changed lanes

Laylisha Gardner, 19, was seen waving as her car was dragged beneath a truck
A fellow motorist recorded the dramatic scene on Tuesday on the Interstate 294
Eventually the truck driver managed to stop, and no injures have been reported

By Sam Baker For Mailonline

Published: 04:07 EST, 3 December 2021 | Updated: 09:13 EST, 3 December 2021

This is the astonishing moment a teenage driver desperately waved for help out of her window as a semi-truck dragged her car sideways along a Chicago highway.

Footage recorded on Tuesday at around 11:40 a.m. by a motorist travelling on Interstate 294 northbound, in Cook County near milepost 30.25, shows clouds of dust rising from beneath the truck as it travelled along the road, pulling a 2005 black Honda Accord with it.

Illinois State Police later said the car, driven by 19-year-old Laylisha Gardner, was trying to change lanes when it somehow became wedged beneath the truck.

Incredibly, nobody was injured in the dramatic road smash. The truck driver, 52-year-old Mohamed Yousif, eventually pulled over having apparently earlier been oblivious to Gardner’s ordeal.

The video shows how the front of the car was flattened and the windscreen smashed with the young driver somehow having avoided being crushed in the collision.

The truck continues to plow down the road despite the sound of tires screeching along the highway.

This is the astonishing moment a teenage driver desperately waved for help out of her window as a semi-truck dragged her car sideways along a Chicago highway.

Footage recorded on Tuesday at around 11:40 a.m. by a motorist travelling on Interstate 294 northbound, in Cook County near milepost 30.25, shows clouds of dust rising from beneath the truck as it travelled along the road, pulling a 2005 black Honda Accord with it.

Illinois State Police later said the car, driven by 19-year-old Laylisha Gardner, was trying to change lanes when it somehow became wedged beneath the truck.

Incredibly, nobody was injured in the dramatic road smash. The truck driver, 52-year-old Mohamed Yousif, eventually pulled over having apparently earlier been oblivious to Gardner’s ordeal.

The video shows how the front of the car was flattened and the windscreen smashed with the young driver somehow having avoided being crushed in the collision.

The truck continues to plow down the road despite the sound of tires screeching along the highway.

Daily Mail

=====================
Boots were made for walking
Winds were blowing change
Boys fall in the jungle
As I Came of Age

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That's a normal day on the road in Delhi.

Haul ass, haul ass! - Pappy
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The truck driver was probably trying to teach the bish a lesson for cutting him off or something.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wow. I agree with Dave.
Not an OO so I can't claim superiority, but you would have to feel
something. Even the drag. Not to mention the smoke.

Can't see how you would miss the impact either. You can feel someone
walking in a trailer.

Pretty sure, he was ignoring it. Hoping she would "fall out" and he would
drive away.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Duh it’s in his blind spot. Seriously that is crazy

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
“19-year-old Laylisha Gardner“

I’m SURE she checked the lane to her left (and signaled) before driving under a semi truck that was OBVIOUSLY hard to see. She was NOT paying more attention to her hair, makeup or cell phone before DRIVING UNDER a semi, because she “didn’t do nuffin”

….. sarcasm font off!

"I'm from the government, and I'm here to help"
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I drove the Big Rig for 8 years. That driver had to be drunk and/or texting on the iphone. Unreal.

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I tip my hat to the driver for being kind enough to wave during the incident.

She did wave LOL

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Beoceorl
Here's an article with more details. The driver of the car is Laylisha Gardner, and the truck driver is Mohamed Yousif.

Terrified female driver, 19, desperately signals for help as her car is dragged down Chicago highway by oblivious truck driver after it got trapped when she changed lanes

Laylisha Gardner, 19, was seen waving as her car was dragged beneath a truck
A fellow motorist recorded the dramatic scene on Tuesday on the Interstate 294
Eventually the truck driver managed to stop, and no injures have been reported

By Sam Baker For Mailonline

Published: 04:07 EST, 3 December 2021 | Updated: 09:13 EST, 3 December 2021

Daily Mail

"after it got trapped when she changed lanes"

"the car... was trying to change lanes when it somehow became wedged beneath the truck."

Was this an autonomous car? That sure is passive language. It's as if the driver was't really involved and the car was doing these things on its own.

Last edited by PaulBarnard; 12/04/21.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No way that driver didn't know the car was there. No way.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (2500HD, 219DW, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 1_deuce, 17CalFan, 57 invisible), 2,069 guests, and 1,083 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,085
Posts18,463,914
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.