Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
this is awesome!!! in the story it says bass pro also has to pay $55 million to terminate its offer. this is actually something good biden has done. the feds blocked the merger.

I'm not familiar with this transaction, but when I worked at big law firms I was involved in a number of large acquisitions. It's typical to build in a "break fee" in to the agreement in the event things happen prior to the deal closing, with regulatory issues being one of the big ones.

One deal I worked on involved my client acquiring a publicly traded medical insurance company and we knew that there was a high likelihood that the regulators would require some form of business unit divestment to approve the deal since both buyer and seller were in the same business with overlapping customers. Of course, the regulators did what was expected and the deal was restructured and then it closed.

It's not Biden who did this, it's a longstanding part of federal antitrust regulation of transactions. It happens all the time, which is why we always put break fees in to deals where both buyer and seller are in the same market space.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
BP-B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Remsen
this is awesome!!! in the story it says bass pro also has to pay $55 million to terminate its offer. this is actually something good biden has done. the feds blocked the merger.

I'm not familiar with this transaction, but when I worked at big law firms I was involved in a number of large acquisitions. It's typical to build in a "break fee" in to the agreement in the event things happen prior to the deal closing, with regulatory issues being one of the big ones.

One deal I worked on involved my client acquiring a publicly traded medical insurance company and we knew that there was a high likelihood that the regulators would require some form of business unit divestment to approve the deal since both buyer and seller were in the same business with overlapping customers. Of course, the regulators did what was expected and the deal was restructured and then it closed.

It's not Biden who did this, it's a longstanding part of federal antitrust regulation of transactions. It happens all the time, which is why we always put break fees in to deals where both buyer and seller are in the same market space.
why do you think bass pro wanted the deal? They have operated cabelas like they are trying to sabotage it, reminds me of how the Remington deal went down

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

You’re right....that is good news! Now.....if they just had one in Billings! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Tucker had a segment on Cabela's merger and vulture capitalism couple years back.

People should have been jailed for that.

There are some things that should be understood. The 11% share of Cabelas owned by the hedge fund and fund manager that is being accused of being the cause for what happened in Sidney used investors money to buy the 11% stake. The 11% stake was bought to force Cabelas into a quick sell position or an accelerated selling position. Who would want this? Who all would benefit from this? And besides, the buyer of Cabelas is the one that shutdown the Sidney operation not the hedge fund manager. Why was Cabelas firing and laying off people right before the transaction? This has been called doing someone's dirty work in other situations in order for the buyer to have less severance to payout.

Everyone thinks that Cabelas was ruined by BPS. It was ruined several years before the merger. I saw this on the retail end when they chepeaned everything, stopped their outfitter series and customer service tanked.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Remsen,

Thanks for this explanation. In this case what did BP get for their $55M? Was that the price for SW to sit down at the table?

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
IC B2

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Good news indeed, the one here is usually pretty well stocked. Ordering guns is easy. Prices are pretty decent, and I get a 10% to 20% discount occasionally on anything but ammo.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
We don't have one anywhere near me.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I went into a Sportsman's Warehouse for the first time last week. I was blown away byt the amount of stock they had on everything....but they didn't have a lot of ammo, etc like everybody else. The ammo they had was at a decent price for the more common rounds. Their fishing stuff was amazing.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I loved going to Sportsmans Warehouse when we had a few in Wisconsin. I am an FFL dealer. I had a customer that wanted to order a gun this week. It was a Remington and he looked hi and low to find one. He found one at SWI guess in Utah if that is where they are headquartered. Since they did not have a copy of my license I called them up and they said that they had to vet me first..WTF
Q1. What is your zip code? There reason was that if they have an FFL on file from a dealer within 25 miles of me. The gun will have to be shipped to them. WTF This customer lives close to me I have handled several transfers for him.
I have never run into this before EVER.I have been doing it for 11 years. Buds Gun,PSA, KY GUN COand many other big companies do not give 2 [bleep] who gets the gun as long as the license is valid. I find this to be a [bleep] policy and may have been to hard on the guy as he doesn't make the policy but it was so beyond stupid I couldn't help myself. Anyway I do like SW just not this [bleep] policy. Off the soap box

Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by kingston

It's not Biden who did this, it's a longstanding part of federal antitrust regulation of transactions. It happens all jthe time, which is why we always put break fees in to deals where both buyer and seller are in the same market space.

Remsen,

Thanks for this explanation. In this case what did BP get for their $55M? Was that the price for SW to sit down at the table?

BUMP

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
IC B3

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H

Thanks for the clarification of how these deals work. Your input is always appreciated!

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I won't go into a Cabellas or B P.........................

they are always outta bun wad.

Attached Images
IMG_1714.jpg (27.79 KB, 223 downloads)
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Good news

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
It’s good that SW wasn’t swallowed up by Bass Pro. We are 15-20 min from the large Wheeling WV Cabelas. I used to enjoy going there. Place went to pot shortly before the merger. I haven’t stopped in in years. Plenty of people do though, parking lot seems to always have lots of vehicles.

Do visit the Morgantown WV SW when I’m in the area and have use them for online purchases.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Glad they didn't merge, but I'm not sure how I feel about them.

I can't find sandals there after Labor Day and before Easter.

I mean, it's not like we're in MN, MT, or AK.

Whoopity Sheesh.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Springcove
That actually is good news. Bass Pro and it’s owner sucks. They have ruined Cabela’s.

Bass pro didn't destroy Cabelas , Paul Singer did that. Bass pro bought the mess and hasn't done much with it.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
BP is beyond worthless... why in the fugg anyone goes there anymore is beyond any comprehension I can manage.

I had a $200 gift card (or something like that)... tried to spend it... seriously... ON ANYTHING... walked out with a bunch of the famous socks... and revised "NON-LIFETIME" warranty.

Pure crap store anymore. Only fools shop there.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by sidepass
That actually is good news. Bass Pro and it’s owner sucks. They have ruined Cabela’s.

Bass pro didn't destroy Cabelas , Paul Singer did that. Bass pro bought the mess and hasn't done much with it.

Point ceded, but of all the options available, all chosen have been horrible for Cabela's.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
That is great news.
Sure wish there was a SW in the KC area
BPS and Cabelas suck balls
There is a Scheels,but it's not often that I am in that area

Just because you're offended doesn't mean your right.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by sidepass

How do you figure that?

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
589 members (160user, 219 Wasp, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 56 invisible), 2,403 guests, and 1,112 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,597
Posts18,398,217
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.