Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Anyone have any experience with Tract scopes?

"...why, land is the only thing in the world worth working for, worth fighting for, worth dying for,... because it is the only thing that lasts."
GB1

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
i have the Tract Toric 4x20x50 FFP PRS I bought as a retirement gift from my with along with a pair of their Toric 10x42 Schott Bino's. The scope is crystal clear and the tracking is spot on. No complaints and the reviews are correct. i do not know how they can produce and sell such a high quality product. No one that has looked through the scope has made anything close to a negative complaint. They often cannot believe the quality for the price.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
They do offer a LE/ military discount if you qualify. Credential submission and approval is required.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Excellent scopes I have one on my 22 mag and a 3X15X50 as well as a 2X10X42 and they are as good as it gets. Also have a 12.5X50 and a 15x56 binoculars they are equal to any alpha out there

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I have experience with three Tract scopes now.
Great glass, tracking is excellent, great reticles, good price for the quality.

IC B2

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Not trying to highjack this thread but I think it is relevant In looking at Tract 1 inch tube scopes the eyepiece appears very large, and in fact the website says that it is about 1 3/4" in diameter. Those with experience, have you had trouble mounting these scope and clearing the bolt knob without using overly high rings?

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Va,

I had to mount my Toric 2-10×42 in medium height rings to clear the bolt handle.

The scope does track well, retains zero, and has great glass.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by VaHunter
Not trying to highjack this thread but I think it is relevant In looking at Tract 1 inch tube scopes the eyepiece appears very large, and in fact the website says that it is about 1 3/4" in diameter. Those with experience, have you had trouble mounting these scope and clearing the bolt knob without using overly high rings?

I don't mind the mounting at all

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I have 2 scopes: 2-10x42 BDC Toric and 4-20x50 Long Range scope and a 10x42 bino. I like them. So far my only complaint is the center dot on the Long Range scope (it is illuminated) is so small it is hard to see for my eyes. A different target may help with that though. Their ballistic app on the website has proven spot on for the factory load I tested against it. If I hadn't had to buy two sets of tires recently I would be ordering another, especially since they were on sale.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by CarolinaHunter
Va,

I had to mount my Toric 2-10×42 in medium height rings to clear the bolt handle.

The scope does track well, retains zero, and has great glass.

+1

IC B3

G
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
G
Have and use 4 Tract scopes, all 1” tubes. Two 3x9 rimfire scopes, one 2x10 toric, one 3x9x40turion(discontinued). All are a lot of glass for the $$! The optics are superb, they adjust sharp with audible clicks(no mush), and they are tough! They do have bigger ocular and turrents, hence adjustments at the ocular are excellent (and they stay zeroed). They have good and consistent eye relief. The reticle focus is easy enough to adjust and stay adjusted. The toric and the turion I have mounted on post 64 model 70’s, both long and short action respectively, and they have enough length to adjust fore and aft to address eye relief and med rings clear both ends of the scope. I use dual dovetails. The customer service is prompt and friendly to deal with. I’m a still hunter in some very rough and rugged terrain, both east and west, and these scope have stayed zeroed through my hunts…..I have had zero problems with these scopes. You will not be disappointed with a Tract.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I've got the toric 2-10. I did have trouble getting it mounted with the ocular bell on a rem 700 long action. Couldn't use the integral talleys I had or standard leupold. However, a set of warne bases and rings worked just fine. Not much clearance for the bolt, but it works. Glass is clear and bright as others have said. Does have a little tunnel effect, but not the worst. Adjustments worked perfectly sighting in. I haven't dialled for distances yet. Overall, I like it.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I have both a Tekoa 3-12 and a Toric 3-15. Glass is outstanding. Tracking/adjustments have been spot on, although I haven’t strenuously tested them. Those that have generally report good things.
The size of the eye piece can definitely be a concern in mounting, depending on mounts used. I have the Tekoa in Tallley LW’s on a long action 700. I had to get the extended front to get the scope fare enough rearward so that the big eye piece cleared the base of the rear Talley LW. No issues with the Toric on a long action Model 70 in Warne Mountain Tech rings on Burris XTR bases.

Don't speculate when you don't know, and don't second guess when you do.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by VaHunter

Nope. All of mine are mounted in low rings

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Rickshaw
I've got the toric 2-10. I did have trouble getting it mounted with the ocular bell on a rem 700 long action. Couldn't use the integral talleys I had or standard leupold. However, a set of warne bases and rings worked just fine. Not much clearance for the bolt, but it works. Glass is clear and bright as others have said. Does have a little tunnel effect, but not the worst. Adjustments worked perfectly sighting in. I haven't dialled for distances yet. Overall, I like it.

What height Talley's? I have one of mine mounted in low Talleys on a long action Model 700 with no issues.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just got a Tekoa 4-16x44 off their black Friday sale.

Crossed Arrows Archery LLC
Authorized Obsession Bows Dealer
Custom Strings/Tuning
www.crossedarrowsarcheryllc.com
Black Eagle Arrows Pro Staff, Montana Black Gold Shooting Staff, Dead Center Archery Products Shooting Staff
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I’m not sure anymore. I usually use lows on everything. I also tried a 2 piece Talley that didn’t work either for me.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
I use low Talley's on my Kimber with the 3-15x42 Tract. No issues. Good scopes.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bought a Tekoa very early. Decided I didn’t like the tall-ish turrets and large ends and sold it. No issues at all, and it passed my simple tracking test. After a discussion here not long ago, I bought a Toric 3-15 and mounted it on my Fieldcraft, but the total weight of the package with a rail and Warne MTs was totally at odds with the reason I bought the FC so it’s now homeless for a bit until hunting season is over and futzing around season re-opens. Have to say that sighting it in on the FC was about as easy as it gets- bore-sight, fire, adjust, fire to confirm, done. After years of chasing zero with other scopes, that sort of experience is very enjoyable. Tract, Trijicon, SWFA, and Burris have all worked very well for me in the last year or so.

What fresh Hell is this?
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Those commenting on the large ocular bell and bolt clearance, do you have enough room to use a Butler Creek lens cap?

I'm considering the Tract Toric 2-10x42 for a NULA Model 20 that currently has a 2.5-8x36 VX3. I think the Talley mounts I have (from Melvin) are low.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

85 members (14idaho, 35, 280shooter, 10Glocks, 2500HD, 300_savage, 7 invisible), 1,552 guests, and 701 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,519
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.