Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
E
EdM Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
E
A short walk to Cindi's NY Deli for breakfast on Sunday before we head home.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
GB1

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by EdM

No offense to all the great steak houses in Dallas but it is harder to find a good Kosher deli than a good steak house. I've been perusing their menu and I can see me stopping in more than once.

B
B
Keep in mind that the whole show in Dallas is run by volunteers from the DSC to try to minimize cost and raise money for conservation and the hunting community. Anybody attending is a valued contributor and much appreciated.

Thank you and please attend and support all exhibitors.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
DSC does a great job for sure. It's light years better organization than SCI, which is primarily for the blue blood lardassssed lawyer types.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by swiftshot
The DSC convention can be more fun than an African safari.Not all safaris go down nicely.As far as Jamaica and the Caribbean,they're [bleep] holes-nothing to do except lie in the sun or watch tv in the hotel lobby.

You ain't kidding about Jamaica/Caribbean/etc.......they're schitttholes. Then again this is the same guy that thinks anyone who is unvaxed is a complete dumbass, so there's that.

I enjoy lying on a beach having a waiter come by every 30 minutes taking drink orders, not to mention scuba diving, fishing and sailing. And I would be happy to compare medical education/ practical experience with you- any damn day of the week….. Unvaxxed are simply an easy way to watch Darwinism at work. No problem for me.

IC B2

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by jdollar
The DSC convention can be more fun than an African safari.Not all safaris go down nicely.As far as Jamaica and the Caribbean,they're [bleep] holes-nothing to do except lie in the sun or watch tv in the hotel lobby.

You ain't kidding about Jamaica/Caribbean/etc.......they're schitttholes. Then again this is the same guy that thinks anyone who is unvaxed is a complete dumbass, so there's that.

I enjoy lying on a beach having a waiter come by every 30 minutes taking drink orders, not to mention scuba diving, fishing and sailing. And I would be happy to compare medical education/ practical experience with you- any damn day of the week….. Unvaxxed are simply an easy way to watch Darwinism at work. No problem for me.

Yeah right.When I went to the caribbean it was so boring I had to get drunk every day so I wouldn't feel depressed.Both times I went I was at the front desk the next day asking when was the next flight out.Now a days I value my health and keep in shape so I stopped drinking and stay away from any "medication".But if alcohol and vaccines work for you then good for you.
I am the only member of my family who is very healthy and drug free.I never go to the doctor.The rest of them have been going from a young age and over the years they were prescribed more and more drugs starting with blood pressure pills.

Last edited by swiftshot; 12/18/21.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by jdollar

They're still schitttholes, and you obviously "know" only what you're being fed by Biden and the boys with regards to this fraud of a vaccine. Idiots like you are living proof that some medical professionals are indeed "practicing" medicine.

Just had the Covid, took hydroxy and ivermectin......nothing but a minor cold.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jpr9954
Originally Posted by EdM

No offense to all the great steak houses in Dallas but it is harder to find a good Kosher deli than a good steak house. I've been perusing their menu and I can see me stopping in more than once.

You want good kosher? Try Wolfie's in Miami Beach. Collins avenue...oy!

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I heard Africans were hiring Americans to man booths .

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Jorge I heard John S and Dave have recently canceled coming to the States as the schedule for lifting travel restrictions just too tight window to make the financial commitment reasonable. Sad for all those who rely so heavily on these shows to make their year.

Last edited by muygrande1; 12/23/21. Reason: Spelling
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yes, we corresponded a couple of weeks ago when this nonsense ban was instated. They are still hoping to make SCI

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Does anyone know if there are going to be any African outfitters at the show? The ones from the main hunting countries.

Last edited by swiftshot; 12/25/21.
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
African travel ban is officially being lifted December 31, so a lot of outfitters are scrambling to make last minute plane reservations. DSC has committed to going ahead unless a court order closes the convention center.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Make sure you have your booster(s) and a mask.

E
EdM Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Johnny,

Are you going to be there? I'd like to meet you.

Ed

Conduct is the best proof of character.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Likewise Ed. I'm sure hoping to. The closer it gets I'll try to update so we can meet. Warning though...I'm just as much of a PITA in person.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Anyone have an updates on any issue with the convention? Planning to be there Friday.

Already a little bummed out as I was planning to get fitted for a new pair of Blackjack boots but they don't plan to attend this year.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Love to see some of you guys but most outfitters I know aren't coming, and I'd rather be hunting mule deer so I guess I'm out. Hope you all have a good time.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
So far, it is still a "go". Not clear on all the bullshit regarding masks, etc. After all Dallas and the county are run by democrats so who knows. We still plan on going, but I KNOW it won't be the same,

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I just took a weeks vacation in Vegas last November.I think I will get another stretch of work in before leaving again.I am looking forward to going next year.

Last edited by swiftshot; 01/04/22.
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

129 members (358WCF, 450yukon, 19rabbit52, 10gaugemag, 30Gibbs, 35sambar, 22 invisible), 2,303 guests, and 909 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,648
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.