Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
BLG Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Florida.

Those runabouts aint made for big waves with the curved down bow.

Even some of the big boats with multiple outboards didn't have a captain worth a crap. Bow up, throttle control, and ride the wave when possible.

Disaster starts with a planed or level boat in those conditions.

Clyde

The liberal mind is an endless black hole of stupidity.
GB1

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by Cretch
Anyone know where this inlet is located?.

Haulover is north Miami

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Great many people don’t have a clue how to operate a boat heading out of a Floriduh inlet with an outgoing tide. They are fun to watch nonetheless.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
there are several videos taken on that inlet, as well as various Miami boatramps where people fight quite a bit.

one on the inlet of is two young girls in thongs riding a Boston Whaler with a blue top and she is fearless. Gets that single engine boat air born more than once.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Cretch
Anyone know where this inlet is located? I've seen several vids of this same place. It must have a reputation for being rough. Can't believe how many don't at least have this kids in life jackets. Here it is a requirement for all kids under 13 to have a life jacket on at all times when the boat is moving.

Miami.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Many of the problems could be solved if they had twice as many people up front in the Bow of the boats .

I owned a Jet-Ski Rental for three years - want to see some super stupid people go sit and watch .

Countless times I've seen people get on WaveRunners that are sitting on the beach Start them up and they can't figure out why it won't go .

O M G - funny. My friend told me of an argument with another friends wife ( always smacking his forehead talking to those two) and she said Jet skis were safe because they have no motor.

To be clear, he asked her if she meant they had no propeller- she said she knew that but they also have no motor.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Stern steering can be fun to watch when the people steering have no clue..............

https://youtu.be/iKF-o7d2cwc

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Lslite
The black dude bailing with the cup was priceless !

Yep. Fugger didnt know what to do but he had to do something.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
They had one here a couple years ago on the river. A wake boat had the ballast tanks filled and was WAY overloaded with people. It came into the dock too fast. When he hit the brakes, the wake overwhelmed the boat and it went straight to the bottom.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
They had one here a couple years ago on the river. A wake boat had the ballast tanks filled and was WAY overloaded with people. It came into the dock too fast. When he hit the brakes, the wake overwhelmed the boat and it went straight to the bottom.

As a wake board boat owner, i see stupid people buying boats like this all the time. They don't realize adding 3500lbs of water is going to change how the boat handles.

IC B3

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
It's amazing how stupid can be so damn funny.

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”

Patrick Henry
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I know enough to say, I'd not get in a boat in that water. I'm from a land locked state, water like that scares me.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Yea Haulover is a special place....... On one espically memorable occasion my Kayak decided I would have more fum swimming alongside holding on as opposed to sitting on top. The Kayak was wrong, and that was on an Incoming tide.

Joe

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by kenjs1
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Many of the problems could be solved if they had twice as many people up front in the Bow of the boats .

I owned a Jet-Ski Rental for three years - want to see some super stupid people go sit and watch .

Countless times I've seen people get on WaveRunners that are sitting on the beach Start them up and they can't figure out why it won't go .

O M G - funny. My friend told me of an argument with another friends wife ( always smacking his forehead talking to those two) and she said Jet skis were safe because they have no motor.

To be clear, he asked her if she meant they had no propeller- she said she knew that but they also have no motor.

LOL ,, no motor . . .
I had a guy 25ish years old got on the waverunner while it was still on the trailer early in the morning - started it up and sat there puzzled as to why it wasn't going .
I was always amazed at how many people couldn't figure out how to wear a life-jacket , backwards , upside down , try to put it on their legs .

My three years on the beach I heard hordes of silliness .

Weird thing ; nearly everytime I'd sit down to eat lunch > here comes someone who now wants to ride . I pointed it out to my girlfriend and she got a real kick out of seeing this many many times .
I'd could more often than not pick which people who would come to my beach-box and want to ride when I sat down to eat . I interviewed many people with her and other friends listening as to what compelled them to get up decide they now want to ride as soon as I started to eat lunch . The people who would keep looking towards me were always the people who did this . All said they didn't know why they decided to ride when I started eating .

We got a kick out of the names people would call the yamaha waverunners , water-bike , jet-bike , wet-scooter , ski-boat , best was a 50ish year old black guy from New Orleans > how much fah da watta-bomb . Helper ran out of the box with his head turned so the guy didn't see him laughing . We called them water-bombs from there on out .

Also most everybody '''had one at home''' , I'd ask what kind many said suzuki & honda - neither company made personal watercraft back then . One guy had a suzuki w/a 3 cycle engine , said it would do about 75mph .

ok back to the boat goofs

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
OlMike- I never understand the mentality of pretending. Just complicates life and digs a hole they always seem to make deeper. Good friend has a 'friend' that drives him nuts with his matter-o-fact knowledge that is about 100% wrong and never solicited. Like when I complimented my friend on his great barbecue spread he put together for his wife's birthday party. I wanted his wife's family to recognize his hard work and how well he had doen- you know...as a friend type thing. I asked if he had found Prime (rather than Choice) cuts of meat. His buddy immediately chimed in at the crowded table of women to inform me you can turn choice meat into prime grade ....if you just know how. Then proceeded to instruct me in proper barbecue techniques. Pretty sure I am at 10 to 1 or better in that department. His response elicited a knowing glance from my friend as if to say- THIS is what I have to deal with. I bit my lip but nearly asked if he could make a prop plane into a jet by just going fast enough.

Last edited by kenjs1; 12/05/21.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Wonder why that engine was reved? It didn't seem like it was helping the fore end up any. If they were out very far, they might have a hard time calling for help or getting located.
Their only floatation devices being empty bottles. Lol

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by kenjs1
OlMike- I never understand the mentality of pretending. Just complicates life and digs a hole they always seem to make deeper. Good friend has a 'friend' that drives him nuts with his matter-o-fact knowledge that is about 100% wrong and never solicited. Like when I complimented my friend on his great barbecue spread he put together for his wife's birthday party. I wanted his wife's family to recognize his hard work and how well he had doen- you know...as a friend type thing. I asked if he had found Prime (rather than Choice) cuts of meat. His buddy immediately chimed in at the crowded table of women to inform me you can turn choice meat into prime grade ....if you just know how. Then proceeded to instruct me in proper barbecue techniques. Pretty sure I am at 10 to 1 or better in that department. His response elicited a knowing glance from my friend as if to say- THIS is what I have to deal with. I bit my lip but nearly asked if he could make a prop plane into a jet by just going fast enough.

Wish i would have been there. Id ask if he could eat sawdust and crap 2x4s.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
lol - Jag, my 86 year old Dad just left my house and if that doesn't sound like something he would have said ......

Working at my sisters house some years back now he told my nephew to get him a ladder and my nephew (great guy) winked at me and said " Why don't you just stand on my shoulders?"

Dad gave him a look and said :"How am I going to stand on your shoulder if I got my foot up your a$$? " Classic.

. Confucius
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

92 members (6mmbrfan, 280shooter, 14idaho, 10Glocks, 2500HD, 300_savage, 8 invisible), 1,561 guests, and 719 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,519
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.