Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by sidepass
Need one of those golf club bag gun cases.

They’re called Nal Pak. I have one.

And why would a hunter/gun owner stay in a no gun hotel. That was his mistake.

Hope he gets the guns back.

NRA Patron
GB1

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Originally Posted by asheepdog
I’m puzzled about the lack of a response due to COVID. Thats ridiculous and I am a LEO. Hope you were able to supply serial numbers so they can be entered into NCIC as stolen.

I had a buddy last year get his truck broken into in Colorado. They took a $300 knife, his kimber pistol and some other stuff. Same story, local PD wouldn't come over and take a report, dust for prints, nothing. I could understand if a gun wasn't involved; but could not understand it since one was.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
9k worth of firearm is going to my room with me, don’t care about the motel’s rules. That’s silly to leave it out in the truck in a parking lot.

Somewhat disturbing that LE would only respond over the phone. If a fella knew who the bad guys were would they call them and ask them to come in if they had their vax card?

Last edited by muleshoe; 12/04/21.

Black Cows Matter!
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Jomo
Replacement cost of this custom Muzzleloader is over $9000

They'll be lucky to get $100 for it at the friendly local pawn shop.

While it's true that all liberals are crazy people, not all crazy people are liberals.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
I always bring my guns in. Don't ask, don't tell kinda policy. Never been asked to leave. Had plenty of folks ask me where I'm headed to hunt.

Me too!

IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by marksman1941
Originally Posted by fredhorace77
This is the biggest reason I never ever put hunting or gun related stickers on my vehicles.

I see Browning, Ruger, Glock, and Leupold stickers all the time here and that's nothing but a huge neon sign saying, follow me home and I'll show u where I store all my guns.

Exactly. Don't make yourself a target. And [bleep] the no guns policy. Sneak that [bleep] into your room anyways, under the guise of "camera equipment" or some other nonsense. Guns stay within arms reach at all times when you're traveling. Or in sight at minimum.
EXACTLY........

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I’ve never asked a hotel about their policy, I just bring my stuff in.

“Lighten up Francis”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by micky
I’ve never asked a hotel about their policy, I just bring my stuff in.

This⬆️

Use a rectangular case and if they ask, it’s your bassoon. Worst they can do is make you leave.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I would take that hotel rule, since there is no penalty of law, about as seriously as a no concealed carry rule on private property...Tom

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
I spend about 70 days a year in hotels 99% for work and do mostly Hiltons and HI expresses, but when I travel for hunting I look for motels where I have direct access to my room even if they aren't as nice, so I can bring in guns and valuables and park right in front of the room.

Stickers on a car are just a invitation. Conservative ones can get your car vandalized, so can hunting ones, Gun ones are worse, its an invite to broken into or if you have to drive through a restrictive area are an invitation to get pulled over by a cop looking for an easy felony arrest.

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge
IC B3

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by fredhorace77
This is the biggest reason I never ever put hunting or gun related stickers on my vehicles.

I see Browning, Ruger, Glock, and Leupold stickers all the time here and that's nothing but a huge neon sign saying, follow me home and I'll show u where I store all my guns.

Exactly! Why Advertise! The Crooks are Looking for any Tips!

I Learned a long time ago to Separate My Want's from My Needs!

A man's Gotta Do What a Man's Gotta Do!

Know Thy Self!

TRUMP DID WIN!!!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
never listened to a clerk or asked when it came to any of my rights

always check in, drive to get dinner and park where I can see the car while eating .
then take them into the room .

WHY the hell would anybody leave expensive items in a car in a parking lot overnight???!

Last edited by 5960; 12/05/21.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
My Son shoots Sporting Clays all over the US.He has a built in safe in his truck bed with sliding drawers.The safe has its own power source and alarm system.The lock is coded and there no visible ways to pry the drawers open.He has an electronic lock down on the engine so only he can start it.This is well designed system ,but it is not cheap.When you consider how much he has invested in shotguns and ammo,it is well worth the cost.I don`t remember the systems name,but will try and find out.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

77 members (300_savage, 264mag, Anaconda, 6mmCreedmoor, 12 invisible), 1,600 guests, and 784 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,175
Posts18,465,434
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.