Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
O
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O
All of my Remington rifles have Timney triggers, except for the most recent purchase. It will have a Timney in the near future.

BP-B2

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Happened to me once on closing the bolt. All my 700s have timney triggers.

O
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
O
This happened to me as well. I picked up a .243 700 from our DNR confiscate auction a few years ago. While sighting in a scope it went off upon closing the bolt.
I called Remington and gave the serial number, they said it was not on the recall list but send it back anyway. I did send it with hopeful instructions on the new trigger pull weight.
Remington nailed it. New trigger is perfect with no creep. They also re-blued it. While gone those 6 weeks I had the stock gone over. Today it’s one of the prettiest and most accurate guns in my gun room.
The only thing off now is the bolt did not get re-blued. That’s going to Ahlmans soon to be finished up.
Remington certainly did right by me.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Do the Model 7 rifles from around 1997-98 have the autofire trigger or no?? Don’t own a 700 so nothing to compare to.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
So people who are too stupid to flush their trigger once a year or adjust the pull weight so low that the sear will not hold it when the bolt is closed ,blame Remington for a faulty product.The truth is they should not own a Remington or any fire arm.You can`t cure stupid.

Last edited by Huntz; 12/05/21.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
IC B2

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I prefer the ADL.

Learned the bump n flip as a kid w a 660.
You dont fully chamber the other rounds to get em out

Not hard.

But every year I see folks w BDL/ ADL at the range cranking the bolt like a madman to chamber/ then unchamber the remaining rounds to unload

SMDH

Also seen folks bump triggers and not know it when closing bolts.

Had a 28 oz trigger on one, unloaded and guy wanted to test it and it tripped when he closed the bolt. I was watching and indeed he bumped the trigger. He didnt feel it so claimed it must not have happened.

But I fuggin watched for it.

Off the trigger isnt same as out of the trigger guard.
Dude muat have thought so as he drug the side of trigger w index.

How many people have done same?

Bought two Rem rifles w unsafe triggers. One the guy said he set the M7 light, close the bolt slow. Idiot. You can only set a trigger as low as it can safely go. Stack up of tolerances or whatever, you dont pick a value and let things be.

I always changed springs on my Walkers. No problems.

The other was a 600 set so bad, and dumped at a shop by somebody never seen before- and he didnt disclose yje problem ( gee wonder why ).

Good thing I bought it and fixed it.

Somebody else might not and a tragedy happen.

My 35 rem 760 was from 63. Bought it two or 3 yrs ago and it took me 2 hrs to clean the trigger group. Whatever they used had solidified like pink plastic, all over.

Got a Smith m60 non functional. Innards totally shelllacked.
Proly used wd40 and tossed in a drawer for 30 yrs.
Gun cleaned up like new smile

People on avg dont maintain their stuff.
Got nice big manufacturers to blame.

Last edited by hookeye; 12/05/21.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Haven't read past the initial post, but was wondering what the over-under was going to be for posts denying that it ever happens or if it does, it is entirely because some idiot had his finger on the trigger or otherwise caused it to happen.

Last edited by 5sdad; 12/05/21.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I ain't buying it happened when the bolt was lifted either. I also don't know why anyone would fully chamber rounds to unload.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Not saying it doesnt happen (legit issue- mech devices can fail ).
Am saying the overwhelming majority are relatives of Alec Baldwin.

They fugged up and didnt know it ( or wont adnit it ).
Then theres improper adj or maintenance.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Nothing like dropping $800 on a gun that also needs a $150 trigger. There is no bigger POS than an M700.

IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by River_Ridge
Had a scare at deer camp last night. One of my hunting buddies was unloading his Remington 700 ADL and he had an "unintentional discharge". He said he started to lift the bolt and the gun went off. The bullet went into the ground and nobody was hurt as he was holding it muzzle down. He said it happened several years ago too. It's an older model chambered in 7mm Express. (Now it's called a 280)
My question is, what is the range of serial numbers/years where this was a problem and what was the remedy?
Also, with Remington under new management, can he still get it fixed?
Thanks.

Tell him to buy a quality after market trigger and get it installed. It is a sure fire fix for the Remington trigger problems. The Remington triggers work great until the get some years of gunk and dirt from old oils, etc. built up. If you don't know what you're doing, it just better to get an improved trigger and forget about it. I got me a Timney, which I like, but there's other brands that people speak highly about.

bcp Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I bought from a pawn shop, for a very good price, a H-S Precision custom 700 rifle that would fire every time when the safety was released. The price dropped very fast when it was demonstrated to the shop owner.

Bruce

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
How come these accidental discharges all have one common denominator? Walks like a duck ,quacks like a duck, looks like a duck, must be a duck.
And yes my one and only Remington rifle, a Sportsman 78 in .243 has done it before. I don't load it until I'm ready to shoot it. In fact I dont shoot it very often, to many nice Winchesters Mausers, and Mark II Rugers that the safety works on.

Last edited by Featherweight6555; 12/05/21.

"Aim right, squeeze light"
" Might as well hit what you're aiming at, it kicks the same whether you miss or not"
NRA Life, GOA
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by LongSpurHunter
I ain't buying it happened when the bolt was lifted either. I also don't know why anyone would fully chamber rounds to unload.

Saw it happen, on bolt lift at deer camp some twenty years ago. I was stand a few feet away, guys finger was no where near the trigger. Could not repeat it on a empty chamber. Chambered an empty case and it tripped the firing pin 50% of the time.

Go figure.

There is a war on America and America is losing
Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
Why are some in here getting so angry and in denial of a faulty product? I promise you, remington made a chit product. We owned one in 222 rem that would fire when the safety was taken off. The trigger was never modified. The gun was properly maintained. It was just a faulty product. Gun was given to a smith to have a different trigger installed and the problem never showed its face again. I was a younging when i first saw it happen. That gun is still in the family and has never had an issue since getting the trigger replaced. Been a good 25 years now

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by gunchamp
Why are some in here getting so angry and in denial of a faulty product? I promise you, remington made a chit product. We owned one in 222 rem that would fire when the safety was taken off. The trigger was never modified. The gun was properly maintained. It was just a faulty product. Gun was given to a smith to have a different trigger installed and the problem never showed its face again. I was a younging when i first saw it happen. That gun is still in the family and has never had an issue since getting the trigger replaced. Been a good 25 years now

Good question and good point.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
What’s everyone’s wait times on the trigger tech Black Friday deal? 1 month/2?

G
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
G
My 300 mag went off once when I knocked the safety off to unload, scared the [bleep] out of me. After that I had the trigger changed to timney, been great since.

Don't limit your challenges
Challenge your limits
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
If my hunting buddy had that happen, and told me it happened before, he would no longer be my hunting buddy.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by kingston
Put a TriggerTech in it and be done with it.
That.. And take that original Rem trigger and find a deep spot in the nearest lake for its final resting place..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
688 members (10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 257 roberts, 222Sako, 222ND, 16penny, 74 invisible), 2,761 guests, and 1,330 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,627
Posts18,398,735
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.