-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I came across an old Turkey vest that I got back in the early 2000s. Made by Bucklick Creek. I understand that Bucklick was eaten up by Bass Pro, but I'm not sure. I just know this phenominal company no longer exists.

Back in the very early 2000s I bought a Bucklick Creek turkey vest. It was a great vest but I discovered the pockets were too small for regular sized slate calls. Otheriwse, it was a great vest for everything else. I sent Bucklick Creek a note with my findings about the pockets being too small. Didn't hear anything from them for about two years. In the meantime, I started using a different vest and just had my Bucklick Creek vest in a storage box. About two years after I sent that note to Bucklick Creek, I got a letter from them telling me that they had redesigned their vest, and that if I still had my old vest I could send it to them and they would send me their newly redesigned vest. So I did and got their new vest from them. I still have that vest.

That was the greatest customer servicer I ever experienced. Naturally, companies like that never seem to survive. They get gobbled up and, well, whatever.

Anways, here's my early 2000's vintage Bucklick Creek Turkey vest.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

GB1

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Very nice, useful vest!

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Illinois State Rifle Association member
N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
I love my Bucklick Creek vest. I bought it back in ‘99. My slate pockets are perfect in size. Mine doesn’t look like yours does. I wouldn’t like the layout of yours just based on the pic.

To me, the one I have is the perfect turkey vest. I wish they still made them this way.

Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I don't particularly like the pockets either, but they fit things better than the first one I had. By the time I got this vest, I had already moved on to something else and only used the one pictured a few times.

I do like the closed cell foam in the back and the seat. There are hard rods on either side of the back that give it rigidity. I like that. The Cordura nylon is very tough.

I just thought Bucklick's service was awesome. I didn't even remember still having this when I opened a box of old hunting clothes last week.

Ive never had a vest that I've been perfectly satisfied with. I guess the closest I've had was a Mossy Oak brand NWTF edition vest. But that's worn out an thet don't make them anymore. . For this spring season, I bought a Cabelas Tactial turkey vest. I really like it so far.

Last edited by 10Glocks; 12/04/21.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
My old Mossy Oak vest is really showing its age. Last time I went and looked at new vests, wasn't all that impressed with them and thought they were overpriced. But I'm sure if I found one I really liked, I'd just get it, pretty much regardless of price.

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Illinois State Rifle Association member
IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1337Fungi, 1234, 11point, 65 invisible), 3,057 guests, and 1,176 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,340
Posts18,468,698
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.