Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
The co-owner of a San Francisco restaurant defended refusing service to three uniformed police officers following backlash over the move, calling the establishment a "safe space."

"It's not about the fact that we are anti-police," chef and co-owner of Hilda and Jesse, Rachel Sillcocks, told ABC7 News. "It is about the fact that we do not allow weapons in our restaurant. We were uncomfortable, and we asked them to leave. It has nothing to do that they were officers. It has everything to do that they were carrying guns."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/san-francisco-restaurant-defends-denying-143908099.html

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
They're all set up for a robbery now.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hopefully he get robed.
Just hang out a sign dirt bags welcome come take it.

Gun Owners of America
Escapee's RV Club
Elks
Moose
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wonder if they use knives in their kitchen?

DAF

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Valsdad
They're all set up for a robbery now.

Yep. Serve 'em right, too.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They’re getting their asses handed to them on online reviews.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Not even Serpico

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I have never understood a restaurant saying we welcome you to come back off duty...WTF do you think we are that stupid?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Geno;
Top of the morning to you my cyber friend, I hope that the weather in your part of California is behaving and you're all well.

What's puzzling to me in these instances is that I cannot for the life of me see how many/most of these folks don't recognize their tenuous position?

That is to say that if things went even a wee bit "sideways" they'd be "voted off the island first", you know. Did they not watch the coverage of last year's "summer of love"?

Way back in the day when we traveled to Seattle and Spokane more regularly, I made it a point to at very least say hello to LEO if it was appropriate. We'd actually look for places to eat that had either cruisers or LEO bicycles parked out front - the theory being the food and prices mustn't be all that bad if the locals eat there.

We spent a long weekend in Seattle once where a couple of the LEO started nodding and saying hello to us, "the folks from BC". 😎

In any case Geno, I'd think that isolating oneself intentionally from those who might be called upon to extract my bacon from the fire seems counter intuitive to say the least, no?

All the best to you all this Christmas Season.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by sgt217
I have never understood a restaurant saying we welcome you to come back off duty...WTF do you think we are that stupid?

Last I knew, most Cali LEOs are required to carry off duty.

Granted, that was a long time ago when a relative was active in the field. Maybe it's changed, even so, no LEO I know is going to voluntarily sit in a restaurant that won't allow "weapons" in their establishment.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
"In case of emergency...call 'yo mama."

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
post a review for "hilda and jesse"

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
[Linked Image from nrm.org]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Thanks Dwayne, but our weather, nice as it is, is not cooperating as far as ending the severe/extreme drought we are in. Supposedly we have a chance at a little moisture tomorrow, and then again later in the week, but we've been clear and sunny for well over a week now. Chilly at night, but gorgeous during the day. Good thing too, as I've still got some firewood out that needs to get in the shed.

Regarding your theory of reasonably priced food and some modicum of safety upon seeing LEOs or their cruisers in the vicinity, I would agree.

Unfortunately, there are still places that wish the world would operate on the Peace, Love, and Understanding principles desired by many in the late 60's-early 70's. Reality has set in with some of us from that generation.....................there are bad folks in this world and they're not going away, and they won't leave their weapons out in the car if they want a meal in your "weapon free" establishment.

I'm certainly glad our county is one of the "good" ones in issuing the required papers for carrying, and those are good in all California. Then again, in our county the officer on duty may be nearly an hour's drive away at any given time and our Sheriff understands that. It's not that way in the Bat Area though.

I wish those folks a happy, safe, and prosperous business, but advertising they don't want on duty police in there does not seem like a smart move to me.

Hoping you folks get all the moisture you need up there this winter too. But not an overabundance!

Have a great day up there.

In it is contentment

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
How safe would any cop feel dressed for duty while in public and unarmed. Sitting ducks.

Last edited by jaguartx; 12/05/21.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
They need to put up a "GUN FREE ZONE" and " NO WEAPONS OF ANY KIND ALLOWED" signs outside to help ensure that armed robbers won't have their safety jeopardized by anyone else with a weapon. Plus; in the name of diversity, inclusion and equal opportunity even armed robbers using knives will be able to partake in this equity oriented social justice utopia that we call San Francisco.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
The media is doing a great job at creating the gun as an evil object, killing people and causing harm where ever it goes. People look at the gun and get scared, instead of the people. These folks dont understand that a gun that is a threat to them, wont be in the wide open, for them to see. What kind of weird world is it where a business, or a group of people, fear the police, when they have a gun. The same people can come in without a gun later. Does that make any sense?

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
"If you're going to San..fran..cisco,
be sure to wear some flowers in your hair.."

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
"Dear Criminals, Please come in and rob us. You'll be safe here. Hilda & Jesse" laugh

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

472 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 10ring1, 34 invisible), 2,378 guests, and 1,068 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,285
Posts18,467,837
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.