Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 22 of 24 1 2 20 21 22 23 24
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I think they will keep GA and AL in opposite sides of the bracket which means Cincinnati will be in the 4 hole.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Cinci deserves it, otherwise they shouldn't call it the CFP, they should call it the P5P

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Whoever draws the M card in round 1 is in for a tussle. Roll Tide

GFY Jackie Handjob and your troll sock puppet.

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by TBREW401

Bama didn't play their best season, but they did play their best when it mattered

Great win, Roll Tide

And Ga looked like crap.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Nothing looked right with UGA. Upstairs, sideline, no enthusiasm on the field, it sure did not feel like they were hungry.

I think paying the players and the legalized gambling is killing competition. Prove me wrong. I hope I am.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
I think they will keep GA and AL in opposite sides of the bracket which means Cincinnati will be in the 4 hole.

Most likely, at least I hope so.

MM

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by KFWA
Cinci deserves it, otherwise they shouldn't call it the CFP, they should call it the P5P

Cincy is not the 3rd best team in the country, not even close. Just being undefeated automatically doesn't make a team Top 4. But I don't think they will be left out this year.

But keeping them in the top 4 keeps an even less deserving ND out, which is a good thing.

MM

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by WAM
Whoever draws the M card in round 1 is in for a tussle. Roll Tide

GFY Jackie Handjob and your troll sock puppet.

GFY = Good For You

Thank you for the encouragement kind sir!

I think getting bent out of shape over a silly game is a sign of mental illness. Not Qtard level, but definitely unhealthy.

Unless you have cash on the games. Then you have legitimate skin in the game, even if it's foolish.

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 12/05/21.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

I do too. IMO it will be an all SEC finale, again, and then the whining and crying will commence. Not sure who all saw this yesterday in one of my posts here. Between Bama and Georgia's 85 man rosters, there were 140 4/5 star recruits. Think about that one. That's what it takes to win big....talent.

Alabama
Michigan
Georgia
Cincy

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
This will be the lineup:
Alabama
Michigan
Georgia
Cincy

IC B3

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by JGRaider

I do too. IMO it will be an all SEC finale, again, and then the whining and crying will commence. Not sure who all saw this yesterday in one of my posts here. Between Bama and Georgia's 85 man rosters, there were 140 4/5 star recruits. Think about that one. That's what it takes to win big....talent.

Alabama
Michigan
Georgia
Cincy

Exactly. I'm a nebraska fan, and I believe all their recruits are 3 star and below. Nobody wants to go to a losing system if they have options.

On a side note, not sure Georgia should be top 4. If they play Alabama and get smoked again, everyone is going to wonder why a different team wasn't in there.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by WTM45
Nothing looked right with UGA. Upstairs, sideline, no enthusiasm on the field, it sure did not feel like they were hungry.

I think paying the players and the legalized gambling is killing competition. Prove me wrong. I hope I am.

Everyone plays players some more then others hence the bagman phrase used in recruiting. Saban recruits to get the best at a position, Kirby Dumb just gets 5 stars and then tries to fit them in . Every 5 star QB he has picked up has left the program because he doesn't recruit what fits his terrible offense.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Beretta_Shooter916
No way Georgia is left out

I agree. They've had 2 SEC teams before, and Georgia is 12-1 with their only loss being to Alabama.

I expect they'll put Alabama #1, with Georgia #3 so that Alabama and Georgia won't meet in the semifinal. They've done that before too.

Besides, if they leave Georgia out, they'd have to put Notre Dame in, in effect rewarding ND for not having played in a conference championship. And given ND's record of getting blown out in championship games that's not an appealing prospect.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
And while we're on the subject of the playoffs, let's talk about Cincinnati. They're a pretty good team and it's an accomplishment to go 13-0 in any conference. But while they're a pretty good team, I seriously doubt that they would have gone 13-0 if they had played in the SEC or the Big 10. Let's look at Cincinnati's schedule:

Miami (Ohio)
Murray State
at Indiana
at Notre Dame
Temple
UCF
at Navy
at Tulane
Tulsa
at South Florida
SMU
at East Carolina
Houston

Well, Notre Dame was a quality win. Houston is a good team. SMU had a pretty good year. That's about it.

But they beat Indiana! And they're a Power 5 team! Yeah, a Power 5 team that went 2-10 this season.
The rest of Cinncy's schedule? Filled with teams like Temple, Tulane, Tulsa, East Carolina, Miami of Ohio. These are the kinds of teams that SEC and BIG10 teams schedule as cupcakes.

Just to put it into perspective: What's the strength of schedule of Alabama, Georgia and Michigan? 1, 2 and 4.
Cinncinati's SOS? 48.

It'll be interesting to see how the semifinal round plays out.

Last edited by natman; 12/05/21.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

Sure looked lost, Davis wasn't even a factor. The defense was shredded.

The secondary was exposed, Auburn had two lockdown corners that kept them in the Alabama game.

If Kirby sits out JT for the next game, unless there's a really good reason, his job should be on the line. He is the longest term coach, other than Saban, in the SEC IIRC. He made a terrible decision not to kick a field goal in the 3rd quarter on the 4th and 9. That's coaching...

Even Richt won two SEC championships in his first six years, if there had been a playoff system then, one NC game at least for Georgia too.

A team has to have an elite QB to win and UGA has one on the sidelines unplayed. Bennett is a good story but the results of the last two games against Alabama speak for themselves.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JB in SC

The secondary was exposed, Auburn had two lockdown corners that kept them in the game.

If Kirby sits out JT for the next game, unless there's a really good reason, his job should be on the line. He is the longest term coach, other than Saban, in the SEC IIRC. He made a terrible decision not to kick a field goal in the 3rd quarter on the 3rd and 9. That's coaching...

Even Richt won two SEC championships in his first six years, if there had been a playoff system then, one NC game at least for Georgia too.

A team has to have an elite QB to win and UGA has one on the sidelines unplayed. Bennett is a good story but the results of the last two games against Alabama speak for themselves.

This^

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Official now:1-Alabama, 2-Michigan, 3-Georgia, 4- Cincinatti.
Test time for Cinncy.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by GeoW
Originally Posted by JB in SC

The secondary was exposed, Auburn had two lockdown corners that kept them in the game.

If Kirby sits out JT for the next game, unless there's a really good reason, his job should be on the line. He is the longest term coach, other than Saban, in the SEC IIRC. He made a terrible decision not to kick a field goal in the 3rd quarter on the 3rd and 9. That's coaching...

This^

The difference, IMO, was that Auburn had heat on the QB all day, and Georgia had none. Credit Alabama's much maligned offensive line. Georgia has a couple of first round NFL'ers on D-line.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Looks like Oregon is gonna need a new coach.

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn LabΓ© SkΓ½la~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
F bama. They played New Mexico State or whateverinthefuck a few weeks ago?

Wolverines #1.

Go Blue!

Michigan had a schedule strength of 36 , Bama had the 18th toughest schedule. So there goes that argument. GA had the 55th strongest schedule.

SOS can be highly variable depending upon the criteria used.

Page 22 of 24 1 2 20 21 22 23 24

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

634 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 1eyedmule, 10ring1, 160user, 10gaugemag, 61 invisible), 2,820 guests, and 1,273 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,574
Posts18,453,952
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.