Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Probably a brisket. Because #America.

Fugging rib roast would be half the money right now.

And better.

I already have the brisket and smoked texas style brisket is better than any rib roast....ever.

BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Christmas Eve is usually seafood

Christmas Day is always similar to our Thanksgiving Day meal but with a few less sides and a ham or goose rather than turkey. Usually a ham for Christmas and a goose for NYD.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
we're not very creative

We always have thanksgiving somewhere else so we have the traditional thanksgiving dinner - Turkey and Spiral ham

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Remsen
At the risk of repeating myself many times over...

Because my mom was born and raised in (what used to be) Czechoslovakia and her family had been living in what used to be Germany for a few generations before that, we eat what used to be traditional there, even for Jews. Roast duck, red cabbage and potato dumplings are our Xmas eve dinner. Sorta weird since we don't do anything else Christmasy, but it became a tradition, I can cook a damn good duck/dumpling dinner and it's delicious.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Best looking duck I ever saw.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I feel like doing something different this.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

IC B2

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
I don't know. Was trying to get my girls to commit. We've got elk, deer, ducks, a few geese, a turkey and a ham. Something out of that will get cooked. Probably have roasted blue cheese tomatoes, oyster casserole, green beans, rutabaga puree, and some others.

Christmas eve is always Swedish meatballs, spinach balls with spicy dipping Mustard, oysters and Christmas cookies.

Rutabaga puree? As in mashed like taters?

I sure like them, the wife not so much. A Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner staple at our house growing up. I have to make a small pot for myself every year, or life is just not "right".

Yes sir.

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
I don't know. Was trying to get my girls to commit. We've got elk, deer, ducks, a few geese, a turkey and a ham. Something out of that will get cooked. Probably have roasted blue cheese tomatoes, oyster casserole, green beans, rutabaga puree, and some others.

Christmas eve is always Swedish meatballs, spinach balls with spicy dipping Mustard, oysters and Christmas cookies.

Tell me about the roasted blue cheese tomatoes, sounds awesome.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J

And better.

I already have the brisket and smoked texas style brisket is better than any rib roast....ever.

Not even close.

I am MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Local store had some roasts that were essentially unsliced New York Strips. Bought a couple to try and make like a rib roast.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Son Jacob had covid over Thanksgiving, we plan on the turkey we got nearly free.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B3

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Son Jacob had covid over Thanksgiving, we plan on the turkey we got nearly free.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Spiral ham sucks

Christmas Eve gonna be kielbasa and pierogi

Christmas day gonna be lamb chops, baked potatos, asparagus, key lime pie and plenty of beer

DON’T BE TOO PROUD OF THIS TECHNOLOGICAL TERROR YOU’VE CONSTRUCTED. THE ABILITY TO DESTROY A PLANET IS INSIGNIFICANT NEXT TO THE POWER OF THE FORCE.

- Darth Vader
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Originally Posted by Remsen
At the risk of repeating myself many times over...

Because my mom was born and raised in (what used to be) Czechoslovakia and her family had been living in what used to be Germany for a few generations before that, we eat what used to be traditional there, even for Jews. Roast duck, red cabbage and potato dumplings are our Xmas eve dinner. Sorta weird since we don't do anything else Christmasy, but it became a tradition, I can cook a damn good duck/dumpling dinner and it's delicious.

That sounds delicious. I may have to give it go.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by USMC2602

Tell me about the roasted blue cheese tomatoes, sounds awesome.

Romas cut in half and seeds/membranes removed forming boats. Marinade in olive oil, garlic, rosemary, salt, pepper, whatever else. Roast on a sheet pan at 375 for about an hour. Top with crumbled Blu or Roquefort and put back in oven real quick. They are good warmed up as leftovers too.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

Roasted brussels sprouts ???

eek laugh crazy

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

And better.

Uhhhh….

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Member
Campfire Member

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
i'm doing dinner this year. well, a family effort i guess. i am making jaegerschnitzel and spatzle. not sure what else. probably roasted brussels sprouts, maybe mashed taters or squash or something. maybe something with cranberry sauce. see if i can find a good spatlese or auslese to go with.

My diploma is a DD214
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
When I was kid, it was goose with oyster stuffing. Later on it became prime rib.

Just down the road from The City of Lost Souls in the Land of the Blind.
Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I’ll brine and smoke a turkey. Mom and my aunt will makes pies and candy. Mom will probably make a ham and half a dozen sides plus homemade bread of some sort.

Christmas Eve we’ll probably either fry fish or make a monster batch of fajitas on the diskada.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
167 members (338Rules, 32_20fan, 358WCF, 257_X_50, 1minute, 300_savage, 23 invisible), 1,993 guests, and 962 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,726
Posts18,400,648
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.