Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Meh……..

Should call the cops for dumb ass drivers…..

Most drunks are good drivers, in my experience.

Now tipping over drunk…… yeah, give em a ride home

Andbody can make a mess sober or not.
Seen more [bleep] from people being under the influence of dumb
causing chaos and deaths as apposed to impaired people….. go figure. Ymmv.

GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Unless you call in texter’s, eaters, arguers, sleepyheads, and warm weather cuhnhts driving in their first snow then it’s all virtue signaling hypocrisy.

Nobody wants to address Hubert except slumlord.

Need a link?

MAGA
M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
No

Ain't no snitch

Figures.
Asshat.

A drunk crossed the centerline and hit the car carrying two of my sisters. Messed them up pretty good.

In the past couple of years I have called 911 on a drunk driving north on I-75, he was all over the road, his speed varied from 50-80 mph, and ha would have sideswiped 2-3 vehicles if they hadn’t swerved to avoid him. I followed him till MSP caught up and pulled him over.
Earlier this year we narrowly avoided a drunk eastbound on westbound I-94.
Anybody that would ignore that kind of intoxicated driving because “They’re not a snitch” is an azzhole. Plain and simple.

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Nah, tried it, asked about it. Local cops aren't interested unless it's at a roadblock. Otherwise they just want nice easy speeding tickets.

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Unless you call in texter’s, eaters, arguers, sleepyheads, and warm weather cuhnhts driving in their first snow then it’s all virtue signaling hypocrisy.

Need a link?

Jog my memory please.

Hubert falling asleep driving? On old folks drugs?

I seem to recall something, but no details.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B2

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by m_stevenson
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
No

Ain't no snitch

Figures.
Asshat.

A drunk crossed the centerline and hit the car carrying two of my sisters. Messed them up pretty good.

In the past couple of years I have called 911 on a drunk driving north on I-75, he was all over the road, his speed varied from 50-80 mph, and ha would have sideswiped 2-3 vehicles if they hadn’t swerved to avoid him. I followed him till MSP caught up and pulled him over.
Earlier this year we narrowly avoided a drunk eastbound on westbound I-94.
Anybody that would ignore that kind of intoxicated driving because “They’re not a snitch” is an azzhole. Plain and simple.

Well I’m truly sorry…. And understand your stance

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Will and have.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Don't they have open range where you live? With traffic signs having a picture of a cow, and open range on the sign. Hit one on open range here you buy the cow.
Drunks I have called twice, both times the drunks, caused accidents and drove on!

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Need a link?

Jog my memory please.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/16450978/1

I stand by my point that no one will address. Unless you call in every unsafe and distracted driver, then you’re a virtue signaling hypocrite

MAGA
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Never have and probably never will unless I see something that I have yet to see. If somebody is all over the road or whatever I might, but not because I see a car weave or somebody drinking a beer or something. Also 911 is for emergencies, not nanny calls.

Last edited by BuckHaggard; 12/06/21.
IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

Need a link?

Jog my memory please.

I stand by my point that no one will address. Unless you call in every unsafe and distracted driver, then you’re a virtue signaling hypocrite

Harsh, but true.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

I disagree gruff. What good would calling in a texter do anyway? By the time a cop gets there, he/she won't be texting anymore. When I see someone looking at their phone and swerving, I blow the horn at 'em. Sometimes they even put the phone down.

A swerving drunk on the other hand is a swerving drunk all the way home. They can't put the phone down.

To Buckhaggard's point, I rarely make a call, and only when the person is doing something really stupid like weaving all over in heavy traffic.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
I tried to report a carload of obviously underage, and very drunk kids at a convenience store in Nashville who were trying to buy more beer. They had almost hit two cars as they drove into the parking lot. An extremely rude 911 operator refused to take my call, and told me to call the police department's "non-emergency" hot line!

That's because it's not an emergency.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BuckHaggard
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
I tried to report a carload of obviously underage, and very drunk kids at a convenience store in Nashville who were trying to buy more beer. They had almost hit two cars as they drove into the parking lot. An extremely rude 911 operator refused to take my call, and told me to call the police department's "non-emergency" hot line!

That's because it's not an emergency.

Does it rise to "emergency" level when they leave the convenience store lot an enter the public roadway?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by dale06
Was driving on interstate in central Oregon, going to eastern Oregon to elk hunt. Some guy passes me and as he’s even with me, he takes a bug slug of Jack Daniels straight from the bottle. Friend with me got his plate number. We stopped at next exit ( pre cell phone) and called the hiway patrol and resumed our journey. Quite a few miles down the hiway, the highway patrol had the guy cuffed spread eagle and was frisking him. May have saved the guys life or others life.

Most likely just ruined his. Good work.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I'm assuming some of you call the cops when people aren't wearing a mask when it's mandated by the local government too?

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
I have and will again if necessary.

The life I save might be yours.

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
I have and will again if necessary.

The life I save might be yours.

Then you do call if people aren't wearing masks?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by LongSpurHunter
I'm assuming some of you call the cops when people aren't wearing a mask when it's mandated by the local government too?

How many people do you know who've been killed by someone not wearing a mask? How many vehicles you got that were damaged by some a**hole because he wasn't wearing a mask?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Need a link?

Jog my memory please.

Different levels of danger I'd say.

The trash hauler semi driver I called in on I 84 along the Columbia, having followed him for +/- 10 miles to give him the benefit of the doubt, with his right wheels going into the dirt shoulder multiple times, and his left wheel going a good three feet into the passing lane when he corrected, needed to be called in as it wasn't just a case of a momentary distraction. Something was up for sure. Falling asleep from a night of driving (0700 hrs)? Medical issue?

An 80,000 lb rig unable to stay in its lane for 10+ miles, in my mind, becomes more than just an "unsafe and distracted driver".

I haven't found it necessary, yet, to shoot one of the neighborhood dogs that runs out to the edge of their property in a threatening manner. Let them come all the way out with the obvious intention of harming me, my wife, or our dogs, and it elevates the situation to beyond the danger level. Just like certain drivers do.

In it is contentment

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (10ring1, 160user, 10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 12344mag, 56 invisible), 2,680 guests, and 1,154 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,216
Posts18,466,324
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.