Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by Huntz
Synthetic is a waste of money.It breaks down just as fast as real oil does.I change mine every 3,000 miles.

Negatory.

Amsoil and Wix every 10k, and I have a whole bunch of used oil analysis to prove it has no peer.

We had a Chem lab at work and they checked Amsoil and Pennsoil after 3 thousand miles.The Pennsoil had actually broke down less then the Amsoil.So believe what you want.I know better.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I know better.

You dont know schit lol

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

I put Mobile1 and Denso filter in our good car and SuperTech/Denso is the cars I don't care about. I've never had an engine fail due to oil though but I have heard of people running them dry which destroyed them. I suspect there isn't enough difference between the brands for my driving style.

Quando omni flunkus moritati
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by kenjs1
On a related note.....new Fords have a plastic oil drain plug.

After looking I think it is to accommodate a tight fit. think it is a quarter turn with a click sort of fit. I hated the thought at first but wonder if anyone ever had any real problems with one?

Not a problem but you need to be ready if you just pull it all the way quick. Its like a 1 1/4 inch hole, lots of oil rolls out quick. First time I did it was using a old used oil catcher that has like a 5/8ths hole in the top of it. Made a mess.....

I have replaced the O ring on it once.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Mobil 1

IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Synthetic is a waste of money.It breaks down just as fast as real oil does.I change mine every 3,000 miles.

Negatory.

Amsoil and Wix every 10k, and I have a whole bunch of used oil analysis to prove it has no peer.

We had a Chem lab at work and they checked Amsoil and Pennsoil after 3 thousand miles.The Pennsoil had actually broke down less then the Amsoil.So believe what you want.I know better.

Then you used oil that was spec'd wrong. I've got dozens of UOA's that say you don't know what your'e talking about, making it up, or lying.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Then you used oil that was spec'd wrong. I've got dozens of UOA's that say you don't know what your'e talking about, making it up, or lying.

He still changes every 3k. Stuck on old mindset. Wont convince guys like this.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
On the Trooper, Mobil 1, fram filter. One the boat Honda oil and filter. These I change! On the Duramax free oil changes for life rottela, and Wix filters. Wife's car free oil changes for life mobil1 and factory filter. I had to pick the oil brand when purchasing both the pickup and wife's car! Same dealer, both vehicles!

O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O

Negatory.

I had an oil analysis on a JD 772 grader that said the bottom end was about to let loose. Resample and it's all good.. BTW the reman 9.0 was about $32,000

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Negatory.

JG thinking of running Amsoil in the new truck(Gas) which one do you use and did you ever try their expensive oil filters?

IC B3

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Napa full synthetic and a Napa gold filter.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Mobil 1 oil and Mobil 1 filter in both trucks. And I change the oil in both trucks, slumlord laugh

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Mobil 1 (whatever SAE the vehicle calls for) and a Fram every 5k. (ETA I spoke incorrectly about the filter - I use a Motorcraft in the F250 and a Fram element in the Toyota). I stopped using Fram about a decade ago.

Although I'm thinking about changing to Castrol GTX , High Mileage synthetic blend, since I change every 5k.

Last edited by skfullen; 12/06/21. Reason: Bad memory

The original Frito Bandito!
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Whatever is reasonably priced at Rockauto. Oil and filters.

"Their minds are dead" - Carmine Ricca
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
I don' know about best, I use Mobil 1, and a K&N filter just because it has a nut.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
W
Campfire Tracker
Online Sad
Campfire Tracker
W
I always change my own oil, simple job but don't trust a low wage earner of unknown ability to do it right.

06 Ram 3500 diesel gets Rotella T6 5w-40 synthetic and a Cummins Fleetguard filter annually or 7000 miles or so. Whatever comes first.

19 Honda Pilot, 06 Accord, and 02 Civic get Honda OEM filters.

Mobil 1 0w-20 for the Pilot. Change when the computer tells me to for warranty reasons.

Kirkland or Walmart synthetic 5w-20 for the Accord and Civic, they have 170K miles plus, change around 7k.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Walmart has Quaker State full synthetic dexos 5w-30 5qt jug $16.40. Spend over $50 & pay thru Paypal $10 off. Got free shipping with +$35 order. Hopefully paypal & discover card extra 5% off.

Walmart Quaker State link

Slick Deal Thread Quaker State Oil

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

Negatory.

JG thinking of running Amsoil in the new truck(Gas) which one do you use and did you ever try their expensive oil filters?

My Ram Ecodiesel calls for the Amsoil Euro 5w40. I've got 3 UOA's with it and it's done very good at 10k interval. I have not used the oil filters so I can't comment on that one. If you decide to get the oil, sign up as a preferred customer and get significant discounts online.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

Negatory.

My Ram Ecodiesel calls for the Amsoil Euro 5w40. I've got 3 UOA's with it and it's done very good at 10k interval. I have not used the oil filters so I can't comment on that one. If you decide to get the oil, sign up as a preferred customer and get significant discounts online.

Looking at either Signature or XL 5-20 . I hear the filters are made of unobtanium so will go with a regular premium filter. I doubt I get 7k a year on the truck. So maybe a yearly oil change.I have a friend that uses it religiously in his Cummins diesel and is getting close to 350k on it. I will be buying it from him(the oil that is).

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Mobil 1 with either a WIX or OEM filter and a change interval of 6,000 miles.

I try to sync my tire rotation and oil change at the same 6,000 mile interval.

Probably a good time to swap out the batteries in the smoke alarms and the flashlights too. grin

Don’t forget the valve cover gaskets.

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

606 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 1lessdog, 007FJ, 1lesfox, 60 invisible), 2,747 guests, and 1,256 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,365
Posts18,469,052
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.