Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
W
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
W
So I found a kimber hunter pro today chambered in 308. Not sure I need it for $899 but I kinda liked the looks of it. Does anyone own one or have they handled or shot one? Just looking for some feed back on it.

Thanks

Last edited by winchester88; 12/05/21.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I handled one in .308 at a local shop. It felt great and I would have bought it, but the barrel channel was horribly off center and hitting hard towards the end of the forend.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Muzzle brake disqualifies it from purchase or use

"Chances Will Be Taken"

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by johnw

Why?

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
What's the stock like? Better than the regular Hunter?

"Miss Jean Louise, stand up. Your father's passin.'"
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BKinSD

Think it feels better in the hands.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

It's exactly the same with different paint. The biggest difference is the Pro is SS barrel and action while the base Hunter is Cro-mo.

Last edited by Technoman26; 12/07/21.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Technoman26

Why?

Adding, the muzzle break is removable and the rifle comes with a three protector if you don't like the break or want to add a can.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W

It's exactly the same with different paint. The biggest difference is the Pro is SS barrel and action while the base Hunter is Cro-mo.

Where do you guys get this crap? They're all stainless. Always have been. Maybe you should at least glance at a website before blowing smoke out your ass crazy

https://www.kimberamerica.com/rifles/rifle-family?layer&corporate_rifle_family=5496

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by WhelenAway

Where do you guys get this crap? They're all stainless. Always have been. Maybe you should at least glance at a website before blowing smoke out your ass crazy

https://www.kimberamerica.com/rifles/rifle-family?layer&corporate_rifle_family=5496

Call Kimber and ask them. LOL. I did. The lady I spoke to said it's not SS. She could be was wrong.

Last edited by Technoman26; 12/07/21.
IC B3

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Don't need to call them, because (UNLIKE YOU) I can read. laugh

[Linked Image]

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Hey [bleep], I read it too. But I figured I'd double check unlike you. But whatever. I don't give chit really. The hunter is so ugly I don't know why anyone buys them.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Maybe there's a better forum for you . . . maybe cooking?

GFY

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Maybe there's a better forum for you . . . maybe cooking?

GFY

LOL you're a funny guy. Got a lot invested here eh?

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I've never owned one.

Most times I just ignore guys slinging BS, but once in a while I just feel the need to correct the bad information.

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I've never owned one.

Most times I just ignore guys slinging BS, but once in a while I just feel the need to correct the bad information.

Look at most of my posts pal you'll find I don't sling much chit here. Nor do I usually get into it with someone I don't GAF about but this was fun. Like everyone here, I can be wrong. It happens. Have a nice night.

So MORE READING and yet another call to Kimber and it appears WhelenAway is right, the Hunter is indeed SS (and still one of the ugliest guns I've seen in years). Enjoy your rightness wink. I fixed my comments.

Last edited by Technoman26; 12/07/21. Reason: Typo - oh yeah I do that too, and added info
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O

Yeah, I dont buy guns with muzzle breaks either. I have 1, on a .300 Weatherby. Keeping it around because my wife is going to use it if she ever draws a bison tag in Wyoming

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Winchester88,
Everything in this thread after your question has been nonsense.
It’s a good rifle. If you like it, I believe you’re getting a lot for your money.
I own two Hunters, a 6.5 CM & a .243, Both shoot great. Kimber has indeed made some blue steel Hunters, I’ve seen them but most are stainless. I know guys who won’t buy a rifle with a brake & guys who won’t buy a rifle without one. Personal preference.

A guy who posts here frequently designed the stock on these while he was an engineer for Kimber. Outstanding stock for injection polymer. The only design in the polymer ilk I’d keep. The magazines are handy & work well. Very nice controlled round feed, ultra-light & accurate shooters for less than half the $ of anything competitive.

I’d absolutely buy a pro-Hunter in .308 to have the already threaded barrel (if only for suppressor use) on an otherwise superb package.

A few easy mods eliminates another 11 oz from an already remarkably light rifle.

W
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
W
Anteloper,

Thanks a lot for the heads up. I purchased the rifle but it will be awhile before it’s actually in my hands. I was a little hesitant because of the one kimber that I owned in the past. (Which was a 7mm08 84m) nice rifle but didn’t shoot worth a chit. I appreciate the feed back guys

Any more info would be helpful

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Anteloper
Winchester88,
Everything in this thread after your question has been nonsense..

That's just not true. Some was opinion. And I fixed what was wrong. The stock is the same stock with paint / dip / whatever. It's.not a bad stock but that FDE is ugly (more opinion). The pro has the brake but otherwise they are essentially the same rifle.

Originally Posted by Anteloper

A few easy mods eliminates another 11 oz from an already remarkably light rifle.

I am seriously curious to know how you shave 11 more oz from it though.

I've handled several hunters and thought about buying one used in 243 and painting that stock. I like them quite a lot but I'll wait for the pro to be more readily available so I don't have to paint it.

Rob

Last edited by Technoman26; 12/07/21. Reason: Typo - again
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

547 members (1beaver_shooter, 1_deuce, 1OntarioJim, 224th, 222Sako, 204guy, 43 invisible), 2,008 guests, and 1,126 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,069
Posts18,463,518
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.