Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Worked w a Brit and as deer season approached other guys at work would swing by the lab to chat hunting and rifles.

My coworker from.across the pond asked why we Americans were so gun crazy.

I asked him why he seemed anti gun.

Told me when the IRA blew up a McDonalds it took out all his windows.

Said well.i guess that should make you anti bomb and not anti gun. He just stood there stunned. Not kidding, for a minute.

Total deer in headlights deal.

GB1

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
The Brits and guys from Poland were cool w the venison i gave em 🙂

FWIW my dad came over on a boat from the Mediterranean.

My ol lady is from a town near Paris.

Have other Euro relatives my American family has married.

My old job had me work w people from all over the world.
Was pretty neat.

Last edited by hookeye; 12/08/21.
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
A lot of Americans probably believe that anyone who had any balls/chutzpa or love of liberty emigrated from "the old country" to America, Canada, South America, Australia or NZ between the 1700s to 1900s, so they could have land and freedom. In so doing they took the risks and left behind those who were not so brave, were too old, or who were just satisfied with status quo.That left Europe with a gene pool of underachievers.

And yes, since we share so much history with Canada, Australia and New Zealand, we wonder how they could have pissed away their pioneer spirit so quickly and acquiesced to tyranny. We do hold them to a different standard than we do Brits or Europeans who have been involved in one spat or another for a thousand years and who have long bowed to ever-increasing tyranny.

An unashamed bitter/clinger/deplorable
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 158XTP
laugh

My theory is it comes down to geographical knowledge. Americans know where Australia is- thanks to crocodile dundee and Steve Irwin. laugh Europe and Asia could be some other planet or a county in Masachussets for all they know laugh

XTP,

Was pretty much with you until your last paragraph there, which is quite patronizing....Americans only know about Australia from Crocodile Dundee?? Have been there 13 times myself, beautiful country but your leaders are way too liberal..... And Europe could be another planet?? I think you will find that many here have traveled abroad quite extensively.....

How many times have you been out of Oz?

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
The Euros have long been like one of those chicks who wants you to choke them - the boot is on their neck, and they like it. I have some hope for Poland and the like but in general there are few people in the world I have more contempt for than the average subject of Europe.

One might hope for more from the Australians, but it's quite clearly a false hope. They're enjoying what's going on right now and don't pretend otherwise.

IC B2

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
laugh

Europe and Asia could be some other planet or a county in Masachussets for all they know laugh

Actually, for all we care. Urp is nearly commie anymore. Why would we care about it?

PS:

Most of us would cede Massachusetts to Urp or Canada. Any takers?

Last edited by windridge; 12/09/21.

TV has become nothing more than the Petri dish where this country grows its idiots.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
laugh

Its always a curiousity to me. Europe encompasses a bunch of countiries, some with major gun or constittutional restrictions, yet its almost an internet law that no American ever posts in derogatory fashion on a European countries sub forum about their gun laws or general freedoms etc.

Conversely, in 20 years of gun forums, its also an Internet law that the countries of Australia and NZ, often much less restrictive than countries like the UK etc, will have at least 3 angry Americans attack us about our lack of freedoms per week!

I have always wondered why that is. I have even seen Asian sub forums avoid all hassles from yanks... which boggles the mind when you think about it.

My theory is it comes down to geographical knowledge. Americans know where Australia is- thanks to crocodile dundee and Steve Irwin. laugh Europe and Asia could be some other planet or a county in Masachussets for all they know laugh

Originally Posted by sdgunslinger
laugh

Its always a curiousity to me. Europe encompasses a bunch of countiries, some with major gun or constittutional restrictions, yet its almost an internet law that no American ever posts in derogatory fashion on a European countries sub forum about their gun laws or general freedoms etc.

Conversely, in 20 years of gun forums, its also an Internet law that the countries of Australia and NZ, often much less restrictive than countries like the UK etc, will have at least 3 angry Americans attack us about our lack of freedoms per week!

I have always wondered why that is. I have even seen Asian sub forums avoid all hassles from yanks... which boggles the mind when you think about it.

nah........I think it is because we feel the aussies should be kindred spirits.......like us , formerly pioneer folks that carved their nation out of the raw bush

and we think you all should feel the same way as we do about personal rights.......euros might get a pass because they have long been under the thumb if their monarchs , dictators and such , and you dont expect them to be anything but what they are

and then there are those of us who remember how the aussies sided us thru a number of wars , and did more than their share of the fighting.......so you all get held up to a higher standard than other parts of the world

Excellent post.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Originally Posted by pete53
here in America or what some other countries call us the Big Dog freedom is not cheap so we keep our battles within America for now . America in the past has fought many wars for many other countries in their countries for freedom but for some reason many of these countries fail to keep their freedom and gun rights . you may loose your freedom in your country but here in America we will keep all our freedom including all gun rights ! true American`s > we will fight to our death we are not sheep !

You are misinformed and dreaming.

...... and totally did not address the OP's question. Just used the opportunity to climb up on a soapbox and pontificate.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I've gotten the best yanks from DeFlave.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
We like the Aussies. But pretty much have given up on the EU.

IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by SuperCub
here in America or what some other countries call us the Big Dog freedom is not cheap so we keep our battles within America for now . America in the past has fought many wars for many other countries in their countries for freedom but for some reason many of these countries fail to keep their freedom and gun rights . you may loose your freedom in your country but here in America we will keep all our freedom including all gun rights ! true American`s > we will fight to our death we are not sheep !

...... and totally did not address the OP's question. Just used the opportunity to climb up on a soapbox and pontificate.

yep i can understand your thinking / thought process whatever liberals do in a liberal country and so you are not allowed to own some types of rifles and no handguns how`s that going ? , here in America we are free to live and buy as we want including all guns . and yes we yanks or free people / non liberals are doing fine , myself been cleaning my handguns and loading handgun ammo too .

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SuperCub

yep i can understand your thinking / thought process whatever liberals do in a liberal country and so you are not allowed to own some types of rifles and no handguns how`s that going ? , here in America we are free to live and buy as we want including all guns . and yes we yanks or free people / non liberals are doing fine , myself been cleaning my handguns and loading handgun ammo too .

<LOL> ......... How's the view up there?

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
The OP's thread was on 7 December. He's not made a post, that I have seen, since to answer questions or explain his last paragraph.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by kingston

Yeah you love when I pull your hair.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
laugh

You gonna tell us which schit hole you live in or leave it a mystery?

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
The OP's thread was on 7 December. He's not made a post, that I have seen, since to answer questions or explain his last paragraph.

Yeah because he's a dumb fugk.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig

your right with date must be a > a liberal TROLL

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I lived in Europe for 3 years in my youth... and loved it...

but when I came back to the USA, nothing has ever made me appreciate this country more, than living 3 years in another country....

and the country I had lived in overseas was England...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by kingston

Yeah you love when I pull your hair.

LOL

Pubes getting caught in your teeth can hardly be construed as hair pulling.

Don’t fret, you’re still my favorite polack.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bump for pube hair

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 160user, 007FJ, 163bc, 53 invisible), 2,250 guests, and 1,135 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,606
Posts18,454,857
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.