Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
158XTP Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
laugh

Its always a curiousity to me. Europe encompasses a bunch of countiries, some with major gun or constittutional restrictions, yet its almost an internet law that no American ever posts in derogatory fashion on a European countries sub forum about their gun laws or general freedoms etc.

Conversely, in 20 years of gun forums, its also an Internet law that the countries of Australia and NZ, often much less restrictive than countries like the UK etc, will have at least 3 angry Americans attack us about our lack of freedoms per week!

I have always wondered why that is. I have even seen Asian sub forums avoid all hassles from yanks... which boggles the mind when you think about it.

My theory is it comes down to geographical knowledge. Americans know where Australia is- thanks to crocodile dundee and Steve Irwin. laugh Europe and Asia could be some other planet or a county in Masachussets for all they know laugh

GB1

H
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
H
What country are you in?

And these zombies line up and eat from the media’s trough

Cowards CANNOT be free. Nor should they be.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
here in America or what some other countries call us the Big Dog freedom is not cheap so we keep our battles within America for now . America in the past has fought many wars for many other countries in their countries for freedom but for some reason many of these countries fail to keep their freedom and gun rights . you may loose your freedom in your country but here in America we will keep all our freedom including all gun rights ! true American`s > we will fight to our death we are not sheep !

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Z
Originally Posted by 158XTP
laugh
My theory is it comes down to geographical knowledge. Americans know where Australia is- thanks to crocodile dundee and Steve Irwin. laugh Europe and Asia could be some other planet or a county in Masachussets for all they know laugh

That's probably a pretty sound theory.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
laugh

Its always a curiousity to me. Europe encompasses a bunch of countiries, some with major gun or constittutional restrictions, yet its almost an internet law that no American ever posts in derogatory fashion on a European countries sub forum about their gun laws or general freedoms etc.

Conversely, in 20 years of gun forums, its also an Internet law that the countries of Australia and NZ, often much less restrictive than countries like the UK etc, will have at least 3 angry Americans attack us about our lack of freedoms per week!

I have always wondered why that is. I have even seen Asian sub forums avoid all hassles from yanks... which boggles the mind when you think about it.

nah........I think it is because we feel the aussies should be kindred spirits.......like us , formerly pioneer folks that carved their nation out of the raw bush

and we think you all should feel the same way as we do about personal rights.......euros might get a pass because they have long been under the thumb if their monarchs , dictators and such , and you dont expect them to be anything but what they are

and then there are those of us who remember how the aussies sided us thru a number of wars , and did more than their share of the fighting.......so you all get held up to a higher standard than other parts of the world

IC B2

W
WMR Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by sdgunslinger
laugh

nah........I think it is because we feel the aussies should be kindred spirits.......like us , formerly pioneer folks that carved their nation out of the raw bush

and we think you all should feel the same way as we do about personal rights.......euros might get a pass because they have long been under the thumb if their monarchs , dictators and such , and you dont expect them to be anything but what they are

and then there are those of us who remember how the aussies sided us thru a number of wars , and did more than their share of the fighting.......so you all get held up to a higher standard than other parts of the world

This. Plus, there was Matthew Quigley, so there's that.

Last edited by WMR; 12/07/21.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I grew up in a millitary house hold... and spent 3 years in Britain during my youth, in the Cold War years.

I grew up in a World, that if we in America, Canada, Britain, New Zealand, or Australia were attacked, the aggressor was going to find themselves at war with all 5 nations.

We all have a common bond, and a common society..... its our politicians, and particularly the radical communist leftists, that undermine that relationship, and usually for their own personal corrupt gain.. i.e. Joe Biden, Hunter Biden in our government... selling our nation out for their own personal profit...

There is a judgement day for each of them.... past present and future...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by pete53
here in America or what some other countries call us the Big Dog freedom is not cheap so we keep our battles within America for now . America in the past has fought many wars for many other countries in their countries for freedom but for some reason many of these countries fail to keep their freedom and gun rights . you may loose your freedom in your country but here in America we will keep all our freedom including all gun rights ! true American`s > we will fight to our death we are not sheep !

You are misinformed and dreaming.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
laugh

Agree
All of the Australians I have met have been great people. Hope to make it to Australia some day for a visit.

Last edited by NVhntr; 12/07/21.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We're too busy eating our own.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by NVhntr

depends you must be a negative person ? look around there is sunshine in FREE America !

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
laugh

Nah, most Americans are quite familiar with Europe, much more so than Australia. It's much easier to get to Europe than Australia for us, at least in non-Covid times.

Most of our ancestors left Europe because of tyranny in one form or another. We expect Europeans to display a certain lack of backbone, they've never know otherwise and the ones there now are descended from people who didn't have the fortitude to leave when they could to seek freedom. Americans, Australians, Kiwis, and Canadians are supposed to be descended from better stock than that. You guys allowed yourselves to be subjugated, Europeans were always that way. That's why we're disappointed in you much like we're disappointed in fellow Americans who willingly vote for someone like Biden or Obama.

We all share a common western civilization rooted in the enlightenment. Asians don't have that, they've always been one step above slaves. That's why no one bags on Asians and their lack of freedom, it's just their culture. It would be like asking a bunch of cattle why they're not free, it's just the way it is for them.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Not sure where your from, I guess Britain. Many Americans remember or have read about Americans saving Europe's ass in two wars. And never receiving anything in return. My ancestors came from Sweden, Germany, England and Ireland! There was a reason they left, not only to try and prosper in a new land. But to rid themselves of the overreach of corrupt leadership. Church tyranny and poor living conditions. Europe has nothing to offer America, they are like children wanting handouts. Just my opinion, you ask!

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
158xtp: If I recall correctly Americans don't ask for much from "europeans" - just every time we save you/them from annihilation and destruction all we ask for is some ground to bury our dead in!
Politely I might addfuck you - you arrogant piece ofshit - I don't care what country you are from!
Sheesh.
No - double sheesh!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
158xtp: If I recall correctly Americans don't ask for much from "europeans" - just every time we save you/them from annihilation and destruction all we ask for is some ground to bury our dead in!
Politely I might addfuck you - you arrogant piece ofshit - I don't care what country you are from!
Sheesh.

I don't want to get into a pissin' match; but, I clearly read 158XTP's post and the question and observations therein much differently than you did.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I had a good friend in Australia that had his retirement fund in top end rifles. The Australian gave him a pittance for them after forcing him to register them earlier. The Australian government [bleep] him!

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Sheesh.
No - double sheesh!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Well, if nothing else, the OP now knows how one of the yanks on this forum is. Sheesh.

Old Corps

Semper Fi

Get off my lawn.

FJB
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
. Europe encompasses a bunch of countiries,

Your answer could be as simple as this, it's harder to sort out and focus on the distinctions of a bunch of relatively smaller countries all jammed together, as opposed to one larger country that's an island unto itself.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I think a lot of Yanks think Europe is too far gone, like NY or CA. We "hear" of the laws in the UK and think that Romania and Finland are similar - nothing could be further from the truth. We also feel that Oz/NZ has a chance to stop them before the laws are similar to UK. That's why we give Aussies and Kiwis a hard time about losing ground.

When I was in London, in the '90's, I went into a gun shop to look around. Not seeing any, I asked about handguns. The shop owner/employee said "No handguns, they are only good for killing people". With that mindset within your industry, it is hard to believe the the gun laws in the UK will ever lean toward freedom.
Likewise when I was in Athens, I went into a shop, the owner/employee asked where I was from. I stated America. He said show me your passport and you can buy anything I have. I looked at the rack and tried to figure out how I could get the AK and MP-5 back home w/o going thru customs. I'm sure I could figure a way out now, but when I was 26, I wasn't as crafty!!

Some is Good---More is Better----Too Much is Just Right
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I worked with a bunch of Swedes on a project the head engineer from Sweden was pretty excited about the guns he saw for sale and that he could buy.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Worked w a Brit and as deer season approached other guys at work would swing by the lab to chat hunting and rifles.

My coworker from.across the pond asked why we Americans were so gun crazy.

I asked him why he seemed anti gun.

Told me when the IRA blew up a McDonalds it took out all his windows.

Said well.i guess that should make you anti bomb and not anti gun. He just stood there stunned. Not kidding, for a minute.

Total deer in headlights deal.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
The Brits and guys from Poland were cool w the venison i gave em 🙂

FWIW my dad came over on a boat from the Mediterranean.

My ol lady is from a town near Paris.

Have other Euro relatives my American family has married.

My old job had me work w people from all over the world.
Was pretty neat.

Last edited by hookeye; 12/08/21.
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
A lot of Americans probably believe that anyone who had any balls/chutzpa or love of liberty emigrated from "the old country" to America, Canada, South America, Australia or NZ between the 1700s to 1900s, so they could have land and freedom. In so doing they took the risks and left behind those who were not so brave, were too old, or who were just satisfied with status quo.That left Europe with a gene pool of underachievers.

And yes, since we share so much history with Canada, Australia and New Zealand, we wonder how they could have pissed away their pioneer spirit so quickly and acquiesced to tyranny. We do hold them to a different standard than we do Brits or Europeans who have been involved in one spat or another for a thousand years and who have long bowed to ever-increasing tyranny.

An unashamed bitter/clinger/deplorable
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
laugh

XTP,

Was pretty much with you until your last paragraph there, which is quite patronizing....Americans only know about Australia from Crocodile Dundee?? Have been there 13 times myself, beautiful country but your leaders are way too liberal..... And Europe could be another planet?? I think you will find that many here have traveled abroad quite extensively.....

How many times have you been out of Oz?

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
The Euros have long been like one of those chicks who wants you to choke them - the boot is on their neck, and they like it. I have some hope for Poland and the like but in general there are few people in the world I have more contempt for than the average subject of Europe.

One might hope for more from the Australians, but it's quite clearly a false hope. They're enjoying what's going on right now and don't pretend otherwise.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
laugh

Europe and Asia could be some other planet or a county in Masachussets for all they know laugh

Actually, for all we care. Urp is nearly commie anymore. Why would we care about it?

PS:

Most of us would cede Massachusetts to Urp or Canada. Any takers?

Last edited by windridge; 12/09/21.

TV has become nothing more than the Petri dish where this country grows its idiots.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
laugh

laugh

Excellent post.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

...... and totally did not address the OP's question. Just used the opportunity to climb up on a soapbox and pontificate.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I've gotten the best yanks from DeFlave.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
We like the Aussies. But pretty much have given up on the EU.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by SuperCub

...... and totally did not address the OP's question. Just used the opportunity to climb up on a soapbox and pontificate.

yep i can understand your thinking / thought process whatever liberals do in a liberal country and so you are not allowed to own some types of rifles and no handguns how`s that going ? , here in America we are free to live and buy as we want including all guns . and yes we yanks or free people / non liberals are doing fine , myself been cleaning my handguns and loading handgun ammo too .

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SuperCub

yep i can understand your thinking / thought process whatever liberals do in a liberal country and so you are not allowed to own some types of rifles and no handguns how`s that going ? , here in America we are free to live and buy as we want including all guns . and yes we yanks or free people / non liberals are doing fine , myself been cleaning my handguns and loading handgun ammo too .

<LOL> ......... How's the view up there?

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
The OP's thread was on 7 December. He's not made a post, that I have seen, since to answer questions or explain his last paragraph.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by kingston

Yeah you love when I pull your hair.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
laugh

You gonna tell us which schit hole you live in or leave it a mystery?

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
The OP's thread was on 7 December. He's not made a post, that I have seen, since to answer questions or explain his last paragraph.

Yeah because he's a dumb fugk.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig

your right with date must be a > a liberal TROLL

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I lived in Europe for 3 years in my youth... and loved it...

but when I came back to the USA, nothing has ever made me appreciate this country more, than living 3 years in another country....

and the country I had lived in overseas was England...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by kingston

Yeah you love when I pull your hair.

LOL

Pubes getting caught in your teeth can hardly be construed as hair pulling.

Don’t fret, you’re still my favorite polack.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bump for pube hair

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
158XTP Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by TimZ

Was pretty much with you until your last paragraph there, which is quite patronizing....Americans only know about Australia from Crocodile Dundee?? Have been there 13 times myself, beautiful country but your leaders are way too liberal..... And Europe could be another planet?? I think you will find that many here have traveled abroad quite extensively.....

How many times have you been out of Oz?

Last paragraph was tongue in cheek sorry . At least you understood the question.

Being why Americans traditionally using Aus/NZ forums as a scratching post but not Euro forums.

Some good answers. Similarities with the US, geographical awareness quoted, also probably a degree of piss-poor manners too.

As to where I have been out of Oz( thanks for helping deflave out, he was still in the dark by the end of the thread) Ive lived in several countries after the army including the US, also worked along side your guys in Afghanistan. I am 100% pro-US constitution and values for the record. Also considered your guys the best soldiers I saw.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I think a minority of Americans travel abroad, regardless of the country and they really misunderstand the culture and the people. When a friend was in France 10 years ago or so, he was approached by a kid that told him to go home. HIs response was “if it wasn’t for men like my father you would be speaking German”. Hence the negativity some Americans may have towards some European countries. We were on a tour of Italy and several folks on our tour bus were critical of the food. Damn it’s Italy, a culinary delight. But that being said I understand we all are used to what we were brought up on. My grandparents on my mothers side immigrated from Italy in the 1900’s. We ate Italian food but my brothers and sisters enjoy almost all types of cuisine. Nothing like a burger or a grilled steak! People are pretty nice wherever you go as a general rule.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by abbydog
I think a minority of Americans travel abroad, regardless of the country and they really misunderstand the culture and the people. When a friend was in France 10 years ago or so, he was approached by a kid that told him to go home. HIs response was “if it wasn’t for men like my father you would be speaking German”. Hence the negativity some Americans may have towards some European countries. We were on a tour of Italy and several folks on our tour bus were critical of the food. Damn it’s Italy, a culinary delight. But that being said I understand we all are used to what we were brought up on. My grandparents on my mothers side immigrated from Italy in the 1900’s. We ate Italian food but my brothers and sisters enjoy almost all types of cuisine. Nothing like a burger or a grilled steak! People are pretty nice wherever you go as a general rule.

Were all from Somewhere, and all our Ancestors, are mainly from Europe! When traveling abroad, or any where Ignorance will always be abound! Children learn what they live, and that Kid, was probably raised by a scorned Father or Grand Father, that lost a female to a Soldier, that scooped up, the fair maiden during War Time! Or just believes the Fake propaganda news that he's fed!
Haters are every where!
I have Several Relatives in Italy, and we Never had a Bad meal, on many a visit! Different regions, and ways of Living, but when you travel, you have to be able to adjust to different Cultures!
That's the Fun in Traveling, it's part of the adventures!
Once Again, Different Strokes!

I Learned a long time ago to Separate My Want's from My Needs!

A man's Gotta Do What a Man's Gotta Do!

Know Thy Self!

TRUMP DID WIN!!!
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
I think he is in OZ.

"No handguns, they are only good for killing people"

When my dumass Liberal brother pulled that out of his ass, one of my normal brothers replied, "You may be right, and if killing time comes around, I want to be sure to have one!"

Last edited by las; 01/09/22.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Australia - legacy of a prison colony...

Don't ask me about my military service or heroic acts...most of it is untrue.

Pronoun: Yes, SIR !
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Sheesh.
No - double sheesh!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
What a dumfuqk you are. He's from Australia.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by UPhiker
Sheesh.
No - double sheesh!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

What a dumfuqk you are. He's from Australia.

I think that's just north of Italy.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by SheriffJoe

Australia - legacy of a prison colony...

And you would be too stupid to know that was what America was.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

So....let's hear your deliberately stupid anti-America rant.

Feel free to bring your Mom into it, beta geezer.

Rejoice d a, Australia is a prison colony...again.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

So...you have nothing constructive to say...no refuting, denial, possibly even a wee excuse or two. Nope...straight in to obfuscation and name calling.

No wonder Biden ran over top of you, there is no substance.

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by JSTUART
...obfuscation...
There you go, using big words that he doesn't understand!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Said the more Canadian than American.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JSTUART

So...you have nothing constructive to say...no refuting, denial, possibly even a wee excuse or two. Nope...straight in to obfuscation and name calling.

No wonder Biden ran over top of you, there is no substance.

Your love for Biden, isn't much of a rant. More like deliberate stupidity.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Your love for Biden, isn't much of a rant. More like deliberate stupidity.

Hah...too stupid to even understand that Biden and his ilk are all yours...American...not Australian!

No wonder the socialists hold the realm in a stranglehold when you are the standard of resistance offered...insipid, lacklustre, and totally lacking in any meaningful insight.

Boring really...like all whiny bums with a penchant for losing. Good grief, Americans must be so embarrassed by your type.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

You REALLY are d a foreigner! A prisoner, too.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

You REALLY are d a foreigner! A prisoner, too.

How are joe and ho today?

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Quick...another scintillating repartee...something biting and nauseous that will leave me gasping with incredulity...heck, tell me how many of my cities burnt whilst our Australian coppers stood by and watched...or...I know, how about telling me about how our Australian capital police shot an unarmed woman.

What about telling me about how you don't have to wear masks in America and that your government (joe and ho) aren't trying to push vaccines on to children.

I can keep this up all year you clueless jackass because your entire damned history consists of you the people taking it up the arse...except for that one time the French bailed you out.

You are full of shit.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Bark at the moon, foreigner.

Take your pills and go on a walkabout, lunatic.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Bark at the moon, foreigner.

Take your pills and go on a walkabout, lunatic.

You should be used to having your pathetic arse handed to you...after all you are ruled by the socialist set.

So...how is your ruler today...shit himself yet?

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U

That was stupid, even for you.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Better to be stupid than deliberately stupid, like you.

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U

Better to be stupid than deliberately stupid, like you.
That makes no sense, like most of your posts. Maybe if you had gotten your GED, you'd make more sense.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

THAT is the best you can come up with?? You prove that Liberalism is a mental disease.

Your posts are of the adventures you've experienced...from your couch.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I spent several years traveling from the US to Australia and New Zealand working with Ditch Witch Australia and their customer base. I made some really good friends. One thing I learned early on, under no circumstances should I attempt to drink beer with those contractors and sales guys. They simply operate at a different level than most of us.
I had several want to lecture me on our gun laws and their compulsory voting laws. I told them I don't know their constitution and its evident they don't know ours so we should just focus on things we have in common.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

72 members (ATC, 808outdoors, 10gaugemag, 444Matt, 11 invisible), 2,096 guests, and 727 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,670
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.