Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Like the size 14 boots idea.

Bigazz dog food and water dishes in plain view.

?Beware of dog" stickers on a couple exterior locations like the front door and garage door. Wal Mart item.

Carry what you’re willing to fight with - Mackay Sagebrush

Perfect is the enemy of good enough
BP-B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Call B4U DIG

lol

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by slumlord
Call B4U DIG

lol

👍

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by poboy
BEWARE OF DOG!!! signs. Dog or not.

True story. When the original Procter and Gamble immigrated to Cincinnati in the 1830's they set up their original shop down near the river. Being "fiscally conservative" they did not want the expense of feeding a dog to guard the shop over night. So, they went out and found a LARGE discarded dog house. Nailed one end of a piece of log chain to the wall of the building. Threw the other end of the chain into the empty dog house. And then placed a cow femur from a slaughter house in front of the dog house. No issue with petty thievery.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Home security? We keep a Shepherd on each floor of the house. Hmm, maybe we do need a security system. laugh

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com][Linked Image from i.imgur.com][Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by skeen
Home security? We keep a Shepherd on each floor of the house. Hmm, maybe we do need a security system. laugh

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com][Linked Image from i.imgur.com][Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

bet they will spring into action when the time comes, ups guy made a mistake on trying to give my dog a treat, he found out you don't do that.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
my mom had a sign in her window that said

"pet snake, please watch where you step!"

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Got about 10 or 12 NRA stickers on the front window.

Lol.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
0 to 60 right now!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
We leave the doors open when we aren't home. If people want our old junk, they are welcome to it. We hide our money in the Bibles.

IC B3

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
When you hear the robbers just get your shotgun and fire two blasts, problem solved…….

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
When I bought the land my cabin is on I took my engineering platoon up there for training. Blew stumps and fired blanks out of the m60. 25 years later locals still do not come around.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I have Bouncing Bettys and Claymores all over my yard.

Imagine a corporate oligarchy so effective, so advanced and fine tuned that its citizens still call it a democracy.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
As a new detective I was assigned to investigate burglaries for about 3 years. I investigated thousands of burglaries both of houses and businesses and interviewed over one hundred burglars.

Some general thoughts, however nothing is 100 percent as most burglars are doing so to support a drug habit so they aren't always rational.

-home burglars avoid basements and 2nd stories, as it is harder to flee if interrupted

-home burglars seek out the easiest houses, usually avoid houses with alarm systems or signs for them, obvious signs of dogs.

-EVERY home burglar will ring the bell or pound on the door before trying to enter, they don't want to enter a house with someone present. If someone unexpected rings my bell I wait a bit to see what they will do.

-most burglars (except kids) won't break a window and climb in.

-side service doors to a garage are favorite entrance points. If it's an attached garage, once in the garage it allows them unlimited time to work on the door to the interior of the house unobserved.

-most front door FRAMES and locks are easily defeated with a good pry bar (Wonderbars are favorites), or a monkey wrench on the lock, or just kicking the door in.

-burglars don't like entering a fenced yard usually

-most burglars aren't armed except with a screwdriver or prybar

-valuables hidden in obscure places aren't usually found. Think of a empty box of waffles filled with cash in the bottom of a filled chest freezer, no one is going to dig for that.

-cash, guns, jewelry are favored items.

-most burglars will only stay in a house a few minutes unless they have inside information that the occupant is out of town or house is a vacation house

-an active burglar will do several burglaries a day, and only stop when they get enough to buy their daily fix, or they get caught.

Burglars released on bail will go right back to thieving. Some burglars are in their 40s or 50s, and have done 1000s of burglaries in their criminal careers. Only jail or a prison stops them. Through practice they get very efficient at entering and finding valuables quickly.

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington
C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Electric gate at the bottom of our mountain is in the design phase...

You may be get in... and snoop around some... you might even load some ill-gotten booty on your rig... but I can absolutely assure you that your car/truck/SUV/quad is NOT getting out... once I push that magic button on the smart phone.

WTS sell car/truck/SUV/quads... cheap... but NO TITLE.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Tracker
Online Shocked
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Borchardt
I have Bouncing Bettys and Claymores all over my yard.

Cutting the grass must be a blast...

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Eyeballs work pretty well. A few days ago I got a call from our neighbor up at the family cabin on the lake. He told me somebody is in our cabin. A light was on in the evening and smoke was coming out the chimney but no vehicle parked anywhere near the cabin.

Made some phone calls and ended up busting my young nephew taking his girlfriend up there to bang. Not acceptable at all. Now he's in hot water with family.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Orion2000
Originally Posted by poboy
BEWARE OF DOG!!! signs. Dog or not.

True story. When the original Procter and Gamble immigrated to Cincinnati in the 1830's they set up their original shop down near the river. Being "fiscally conservative" they did not want the expense of feeding a dog to guard the shop over night. So, they went out and found a LARGE discarded dog house. Nailed one end of a piece of log chain to the wall of the building. Threw the other end of the chain into the empty dog house. And then placed a cow femur from a slaughter house in front of the dog house. No issue with petty thievery.

This oughta work.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Although I think that's a cow's femur. wink

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Guns and dogs who dont like people outside the family .
I dont go anywhere very often now anyways.

Baylor and Brady would hope mr break in guy would give em a chubby treat...
One of the reasons I might a new pup to replace the role Cookie, Rico, and Blackjack filled.
But I just dont know about the time and training into a pup again or the heartache of digging another dog grave eventually...

I do know a verbal warning followed by a racked AR15 sound by oldest daughter and Khan while your working overseas.
And dogs going Cujo inside the house.
Will scare away someone knocking on your door at 11 at night.
Who turns out to be your Brother who you aint seen in 30+ yrs.
Looking for a place to stay for free after he dropped his daughter off at Vanderbilt to start college.
And shows the fugg up unannounced outta the blue..
Good idea Dr. Stoopid.......

Im Rory,s brother.
Bang Bang Bang on the door
Repeat several times.

Khan and the Girls have never even met him...
WTF was he thinking🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Dumbazz Todd go back to Caymen Brac where you belong....

Interesting explaining the sheer stupidity of it to mom on the phone of what he pulled when I got back to the states.

Last edited by renegade50; 01/21/22.
T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
We don't even lock the doors to the house. We do take the keys out of the vehicles and put in the safe when we leave.

Life is good live it while you can.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
577 members (219 Wasp, 007FJ, 160user, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 55 invisible), 2,384 guests, and 1,112 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,597
Posts18,398,217
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.